Two Dead In Golf Cart Accident

Two Dead In Golf Cart Accident

Posted in the Chipley Forum

Frank

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2010
Two Dead as Car Hits Golf Cart

Cajah's Mountain-- A teen and her grandmother were killed just after 7 last night
in the collision of a golf cart and a car just south of Lenoir, according to the State Patrol.
15-year old Kara Chandler was killed, as was her grandmother, Karen Smith, while Kara's
twin sister was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center for treatment of injuries.
The crash occurred on Hickory Nut Ridge Road, and the State Patrol is investigating, but
other details of the collision have not been released.

Comments:
Wasn't there something in the news recently about legalizing the driving of
golf carts on the highways? This tragedy is exactly why golf carts should not
be on the highway.

Sorry Artie, but how can a golf cart be as safe as a motorcycle?
How fast does a golf cart go? Can it move at enough speed to avoid an accident?
I don't know all the details but I find it hard to believe that any adult would be
driving a golf cart on a highway at dusk with teenaged family members as passengers.

These people weren't in one, but they do make street legal golf carts that go
up to 45 mph and have to be tagged by the DMV. Although driving around in
one would be just as stupid as riding a motorcycle.

In Other Golf Cart News:
Septemeber 8, 2009 - Albany, NH - 34-year-old Robin Clohecy of Groveland was
killed when a minivan and a golf cart collided on Route 16.

According to reports, Clohecy and three other people, including an 11-year-old,
were riding in the golf cart around 12:30 a.m. when the vehicle was struck by a minivan. 33-year-old Jared Fronterio, who was driving the golf cart, along with 31-year-old Andrew Morrissey, and the child all sustained some level of injury and were taken to Memorial Hospital in Conway. Clohecy was pronounced dead at the hospital. Fronterio was later flown to Maine Medical Center with serious injuries.

The driver of the minivan, 47-year-old David Reed, was not injured in the golf-cart/car accident.

The tragic golf cart accident is still under investigation by local police, but they believe alcohol
was a factor in the crash.
really now

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Golf carts don't cause accidents. Drivers cause accidents.
Guns don't commit crimes. People commit crimes.
Earthquakes don't kill thousands of people. People living in earthquake zones die in earthquakes when buildings or rocks fall on them.
You can step out your front door and trip (over a parked golf cart) and break your neck.
If people would take some responsibility for their own actions.....painful as that may be.....note: alcohol may have been a factor in writing my post.....
Golfer

Chipley, FL

#3 Jan 30, 2010
Frank wrote:
Two Dead as Car Hits Golf Cart
Cajah's Mountain-- A teen and her grandmother were killed just after 7 last night
in the collision of a golf cart and a car just south of Lenoir, according to the State Patrol.
15-year old Kara Chandler was killed, as was her grandmother, Karen Smith, while Kara's
twin sister was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center for treatment of injuries.
The crash occurred on Hickory Nut Ridge Road, and the State Patrol is investigating, but
other details of the collision have not been released.
Comments:
Wasn't there something in the news recently about legalizing the driving of
golf carts on the highways? This tragedy is exactly why golf carts should not
be on the highway.
Sorry Artie, but how can a golf cart be as safe as a motorcycle?
How fast does a golf cart go? Can it move at enough speed to avoid an accident?
I don't know all the details but I find it hard to believe that any adult would be
driving a golf cart on a highway at dusk with teenaged family members as passengers.
These people weren't in one, but they do make street legal golf carts that go
up to 45 mph and have to be tagged by the DMV. Although driving around in
one would be just as stupid as riding a motorcycle.
In Other Golf Cart News:
Septemeber 8, 2009 - Albany, NH - 34-year-old Robin Clohecy of Groveland was
killed when a minivan and a golf cart collided on Route 16.
According to reports, Clohecy and three other people, including an 11-year-old,
were riding in the golf cart around 12:30 a.m. when the vehicle was struck by a minivan. 33-year-old Jared Fronterio, who was driving the golf cart, along with 31-year-old Andrew Morrissey, and the child all sustained some level of injury and were taken to Memorial Hospital in Conway. Clohecy was pronounced dead at the hospital. Fronterio was later flown to Maine Medical Center with serious injuries.
The driver of the minivan, 47-year-old David Reed, was not injured in the golf-cart/car accident.
The tragic golf cart accident is still under investigation by local police, but they believe alcohol
was a factor in the crash.
DO YOU EVEN LIKE YOURSELF?
have golfcart

Panama City, FL

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Another unhappy camper?Wow, you cann't stand CC allowed colf cart in SH?Get used to,sue the county jerk.
another golfer

Panama City, FL

#5 Jan 30, 2010
Another fisherman drowned when his boat tips. Could have been alcohol involved. Ban all boats from the waterways......jerk
try again

Panama City, FL

#6 Jan 30, 2010
No RJ, I mean Frank, calling yourself Heather fits you better. -------- Your a sick pup tripod rod and ya ain't fooling nobody.
Hey Frank

Chipley, FL

#7 Jan 30, 2010
Go fix the street sign that got bent all the way down on Ben Rd, might be hooch related
Grandad

United States

#8 Jan 30, 2010
My 9 year old grand daughter really enjoys driving our golf cart up and down our street. What's wrong with that. We have hardly no traffic on our street. Maybe 50 vehicles at the most in one day. Get a life.
TAP

Chipley, FL

#9 Jan 31, 2010
HEY GOLF HATER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why dont Black People tip! 1 hr Local Std boy 47
Sunny Hills MSBU (Feb '17) 2 hr get rid of civ ass 80
Teacher of the Year 9 hr Magnolia1965 3
2017 Project Graduation 14 hr SMH 3
Glen Zanetic (Mar '13) Sep 19 God 585
hdsb (Mar '17) Sep 18 Anonymous 15
gang stalking (Apr '12) Sep 18 Lost love 157

Chipley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance