Large scale development project annou...

Large scale development project announced

There are 90 comments on the Washington County News story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Large scale development project announced. In it, Washington County News reports that:

Economic Development Council Chairman Gary Clark announced plans for a large scale, mixed used development called Washington Crossings on Tuesday at the Washington County Planning Commission meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington County News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Now You Know

Lawtey, FL

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Clark also told the commissioners the county’s Economic Development Council is working to refocus its efforts toward bring businesses into Washington County based on the resources and strengths of the county.

Refocus?

Scares me to think what the original goal of the EDC was.
lots of bull

Panama City, FL

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Now You Know wrote:
Clark also told the commissioners the county’s Economic Development Council is working to refocus its efforts toward bring businesses into Washington County based on the resources and strengths of the county.
Refocus?
Scares me to think what the original goal of the EDC was.
This county cannot offer any company an incentive to move in here because: county is broke, county has no funds, county has no property, what strengths has the this county? Explain to all....
just wondering

Winter Haven, FL

#3 Apr 5, 2013
Isn't this property some of the property that has already been denied in the past? What has changed? Is it suddenly suitable for development? LOOK OUT EBRO
..HERE COME THE DEVELOPERS
..AGAIN!
developments

Panama City, FL

#4 Apr 5, 2013
Washington County has 9 already and none are filled.
LUCAS LAKE
PARADISE LAKES
LEISURE LAKES
CRYSTAL LAKES
GRASSY POND
SPANISH LAKES
ROLLING PINES
SUNNY HILLS
D_____ FORGOT ON 77
Now you want another one?
TJ Maxxxxxxxxxx

San Antonio, TX

#5 Apr 5, 2013
Maybe they are gonning to hid some geocrap there to draw in the business here - they just just have to find it to know where to build
rerun

Winter Haven, FL

#6 Apr 5, 2013
Of southeast Wash. Co. Developers buy land cheap, gain development approval and then...NOTHING. BIG DREAMS...of a big fat bank account. And in the end we are stuck with the ill effects on OUR environment and water ways. This isn't the first or only development for TW...check him out.
WHY

Winter Haven, FL

#7 Apr 5, 2013
wasn't this on the agenda?
hey stupids

Panama City, FL

#8 Apr 5, 2013
get some industry i the county..then go for a development!
sooner

Panama City Beach, FL

#9 Apr 5, 2013
washington crossings huh? wanna bet the old timers in this venture are involved? its the 21st century, lets move ahead. and Im 56 sayinf=g this ok
remember

Panama City, FL

#10 Apr 5, 2013
country crossing
spring ridge
Now You Know

Lawtey, FL

#11 Apr 6, 2013
Just the Good Ole Boys playing their games. That's what they do.
Question for anyone

Chipley, FL

#12 Apr 7, 2013
How come NONE of the past developments EVER got filled up? Now they want to build another with no industry to sustain growth?
Land Lover

Panama City, FL

#13 Apr 7, 2013
Question for anyone wrote:
How come NONE of the past developments EVER got filled up? Now they want to build another with no industry to sustain growth?
Very good point...I say bring in industry and the housing will take care of itself. We have plenty of "approved" developments and even a few with housing starts. Industry is what we need.
Common Sense

Chipley, FL

#14 Apr 7, 2013
If a person has a place to work he will buy a house
in the area, raise a family in the area, spend his income in the area, another words he will stay and pay taxes. Why is the Chamber of Commerce not going after big business to come into the area?
Confused

Winter Haven, FL

#15 Apr 12, 2013
GC is a new member of Northwest Florida Water Management District (they protect wetlands) yet he is pushing a 600 acre wetland development? What's wrong with this picture?
Old tiimer

Shalimar, FL

#16 Apr 12, 2013
A large project? How about a large industrial project that will bring in jobs for our kids?
traveler

Chipley, FL

#17 Apr 12, 2013
Why don't you ask that question to the Chamber of Commerce? It's the Chamber's job to bring industry in. Why do you even have a Chamber's if it does nothing for the betterment of the people? It's a job and only a job for someone... Have family ties there BUT glad to be out of there.
Now You Know

United States

#18 Apr 13, 2013
Confused wrote:
GC is a new member of Northwest Florida Water Management District (they protect wetlands) yet he is pushing a 600 acre wetland development? What's wrong with this picture?
He's just following the money.
Now You Know

United States

#19 Apr 13, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
If a person has a place to work he will buy a house
in the area, raise a family in the area, spend his income in the area, another words he will stay and pay taxes. Why is the Chamber of Commerce not going after big business to come into the area?
Because the Chamber is made up of local business owners. Do you really think they want to try to attract their own competition?
InterestedOr

Chipley, FL

#20 Apr 13, 2013
Now You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Chamber is made up of local business owners. Do you really think they want to try to attract their own competition?
...daddy paved the way for them so they don't need the jobs. As long as they look good or think they look good to the community they don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hdsb 19 hr blahblahblah 8
Why dont Black People tip! Tue ThomasA 8
chinese overtime Tue bend over 1
Overpaid Teachers (Oct '14) Mon Sweettea 224
The Who? (Mar '16) Mon anonymous 94
eon menckeberg (Oct '15) Sun Pizza Slayer 24
Doctor for chronic pain in Panama City (Feb '10) Sun Rainy 45

Chipley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chipley Mortgages