Woman shot by SWAT following stand off

Dec 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington County News

Washington and Bay County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a suicide call that resulted in a Washington County woman being shot by SWAT officers Tuesday afternoon.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

OMG seriously? They did what they had to do to protect themselves period! There is no cover up, this is not an area 51 goverment conspiracy....geez! I can't believe some of the comments here. If you were a cop and you responded to a scene and were shot at, then didn't shoot back then your a weak person who doesn't need to be a cop! Good job guys!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

nice wrote:
There again the Sheriff has to rely on somebody else to get the job done.
When the cops responded to this call they were already aware that the armed woman was in a volitile state of mind. As I was not there I won't judge their actions but would like to know if we in Bay County have a trained hostage/stituation negotiator? I sure she probably was not able to calm down because she got shot but rubber bullets would have done the job just as well. As the local media only give us the minimum amount of information on local news storys It is hard to understand why things turn out the way they do. All in all it's a sad story, most people who threaten susicide are actually calling out for help.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Yeah I agree with you to a certain extent but, wether she was crying out for help or not she put those officers in a situation that there was probably no other choice you know? I don't know just my thoughts.... I'm sure they didn't want to have to do it but it sounds like it was a bad situation from the start.
Meh

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

DowJones wrote:
<quoted text>
When the cops responded to this call they were already aware that the armed woman was in a volitile state of mind. As I was not there I won't judge their actions but would like to know if we in Bay County have a trained hostage/stituation negotiator? I sure she probably was not able to calm down because she got shot but rubber bullets would have done the job just as well. As the local media only give us the minimum amount of information on local news storys It is hard to understand why things turn out the way they do. All in all it's a sad story, most people who threaten susicide are actually calling out for help.
Did you even read the article? She was shot with rubber bullets that had little effect on her. She still was able to point a gun at the officers AFTER being shot with the rubber bullets.
Wow

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Meh, you are correct, but these were not the regular rubber bullets. These were 40mm rounds. DowJones, if 40mm rounds did not stop her then the swat team had no other choice but the use deadly force.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

40mm rounds are the big ones right?
Wow

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Yes they are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

That's what I thought but wasn't sure!
Citizen2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I am just curious as to who will wind up with her property.....

Her heirs or THE MOB....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Wow wrote:
Meh, you are correct, but these were not the regular rubber bullets. These were 40mm rounds. DowJones, if 40mm rounds did not stop her then the swat team had no other choice but the use deadly force.
I totally agree and would never question the choices made by an officer when it is their life on the line, I simply was inquiring if our police departments had other solutions or methods to subdued a person or defuse a situation where gunfire was not an option. If she had a hostage or was in a public area things would have been more complicated and we as a city should have every available resource to combat any situation that can arise, this protects our officers and us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Chipley Forum right now

Search the Chipley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 10 hr Panamaed 2,631
Pho Noodle 13 hr Debbie 9
Sunny Hills Residents Agree (Oct '09) 14 hr Liability Insurance 53
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 16 hr nope 1,788
New resort/ sub division coming to chipley 23 hr mistakes 5
Ann a so called stylist at manestreet Wed Jethro 47
new schools-- bes & bms/ poplar springs enrollment (Jun '13) Wed misundastood1 39
•••

Flood Watch for Washington County was issued at April 18 at 4:10AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chipley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chipley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE