Posted in the Chipley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Depending on You

Panama City, FL

#1 Apr 19, 2013
Dear Washington County Commissioners,
I beg of you to boldly push our county out of stagnation and bring industry or whatever is necessary to grow our are. I am not saying our county isn't beautiful as some will try to interpret, I am saying just the opposite. If we are to keep it viable, we must look to what feeds it. Think outside the box. Business 101: when your business start declining you have to relook at your business plan and how you function. Example: If cable TV would have been hard-nosed that noone would ever stop watching traditional TV, they'd be dead. IThey shifted, they are viable.
Chamber Post

Chipley, FL

#2 Apr 19, 2013
What has the Chamber of Commerce done all these years? Why is it a paying position? It has done nothing except give a dollar to a restaurant that closes within a year. A Boy Scout can do that. How often do you have a grand opening? It's true what they are saying, 75 yrs behind the times....
OKEYYY

Panama City, FL

#3 Apr 19, 2013
What kind of industry?Well educated young ppl are moving out of WC.CC big question mark.Can anybody say such and such CC was really good?NO,everytime we elect worst and worst.Chamber of Commerce sounds very prestigue but it is only on paper,they meet,eat,empty talks.Project Pipe-DOA,we don't have even a decent DSL.The only job-DOT,annex,few departaments,hospital.I doubt some have idea how to help WC.Besides it is not only WC problem.
Facts

Enterprise, AL

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Washngton County is ecologically sensitive to pollution, therefore what comes here is mainly controlled by Florida DEP and EPA. Investors look at the potential impact of their industry and the cost of getting the State of Florida and Federal government to make changes in development rules. So, about the only thing that can be pursued is environmentally friendly development that can be located in areas where central water and sewage treatment is available. Even if a developer installs the water and sewer system themselves, it must not have any negative impact on the Choctawhatchee and Holmes Creek...and for sure the water table. LewisBear in Ebro spent many thousands to build their water and sewer system for the warehouse there once the land was determined to be adequate. The planning and building process is a long drawn out process that is controlled by the State and the Feds.
u r full of it

Chipley, FL

#5 Apr 19, 2013
Facts wrote:
Washngton County is ecologically sensitive to pollution, therefore what comes here is mainly controlled by Florida DEP and EPA. Investors look at the potential impact of their industry and the cost of getting the State of Florida and Federal government to make changes in development rules. So, about the only thing that can be pursued is environmentally friendly development that can be located in areas where central water and sewage treatment is available. Even if a developer installs the water and sewer system themselves, it must not have any negative impact on the Choctawhatchee and Holmes Creek...and for sure the water table. LewisBear in Ebro spent many thousands to build their water and sewer system for the warehouse there once the land was determined to be adequate. The planning and building process is a long drawn out process that is controlled by the State and the Feds.
Go look at Blue Lake Community Center, there is a septic tank less than 50 ft from the water, that's a fact jack!
Todd abbott

Chipley, FL

#6 Apr 19, 2013
Please people we are wide open trying to make Washington co. A better place to live. I have promised the people of this county I would work beyond the call of duty to make this a better place live raise our families. If I could get all the cc on board with me at the same time we would blossom into a pretty little county and a place where I could employee everyone here that wants to work
Facts

Enterprise, AL

#7 Apr 19, 2013
u r full of it wrote:
<quoted text> Go look at Blue Lake Community Center, there is a septic tank less than 50 ft from the water, that's a fact jack!
Approved by the State of Florida and probably should not have been. Go back and read minutes for the controversey surrounding the building of this center.
it was

Panama City, FL

#8 Apr 20, 2013
Still remember RF crying in front of Tv camera.The other CC wanted to removed the building.
u r full of it

Chipley, FL

#9 Apr 21, 2013
Todd abbott wrote:
Please people we are wide open trying to make Washington co. A better place to live. I have promised the people of this county I would work beyond the call of duty to make this a better place live raise our families. If I could get all the cc on board with me at the same time we would blossom into a pretty little county and a place where I could employee everyone here that wants to work
Go eat some fish out of Blue Lake!

Since: Jan 12

Chipley, FL

#10 Apr 21, 2013
Depending on You wrote:
Dear Washington County Commissioners,
I beg of you to boldly push our county out of stagnation and bring industry or whatever is necessary to grow our are. I am not saying our county isn't beautiful as some will try to interpret, I am saying just the opposite. If we are to keep it viable, we must look to what feeds it. Think outside the box. Business 101: when your business start declining you have to relook at your business plan and how you function. Example: If cable TV would have been hard-nosed that noone would ever stop watching traditional TV, they'd be dead. IThey shifted, they are viable.
Here's a big problem right here. It's not government's job to create industry or jobs. As a matter of fact Government does more to kill jobs than anything else.

Employers will rarely move a large scale industrial operation or manufacturing operation to a place that doesn't have access to an airport, colleges or schools to pull prospective employees from, low taxes, and less intrusion.

If you really want business to come here you should be tasking the local government to do what is supposed to do and do that well.
That means provide proper protection such as police and fire, a court system that is efficient and just rather than one that tends to look incompetent and clearly is biased towards certain citizens.

People who might consider moving their families here will take pause when they look at the public schools in this county which do not have a very good record.

Then there are the businesses that could open here except for the bible thumpers who believe they should impose their religious beliefs about things like drinking, gambling etc. on the rest of us.

You've got a planning commission that is so hell bent on implementing UN Agenda 21 policies that people are slowly going to lose their property rights to government control

Who would move a company to a place like that?

If you really want to attract people and businesses they may bring with them, then you do that by government getting out of the way rather than getting involved.

All the County Commissioners should be required to do is the limited job of government rather than some expanded powers you want for them to do because you are too lazy or not competent to do yourself.
Depending on You

Panama City, FL

#11 Apr 24, 2013
Are CCs reading this? Best string of intelligent posts I've seen pn Topix!
Too Late

Chipley, FL

#12 Apr 24, 2013
Nobody is going to come to this forsaken place, there is no place to build. Towns no bigger than Chipley had the opportunity to have a japanese car assembly plant, there is no excuse, except that it was VOTED OUT by commissioners.
Already too late

Chipley, FL

#13 Apr 25, 2013
The Distribution Center on I-10 was the last big company that wanted to move to Washington County, but CC said "no"
get it rigjt

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2013
Already too late wrote:
The Distribution Center on I-10 was the last big company that wanted to move to Washington County, but CC said "no"
never any proposal for the DC to come to wash CTY.
Change

Panama City, FL

#15 Jun 24, 2013
How can growth come to a backwoods town that can't serve wine with a meal? Promises and back room dealings keep growth away, our leaders are too afraid to step on the toes of the Bible thumpers. No growth will come.
We have gas allowance and out of town trips to keep paying so our commissioners can go out of town and show the rest of the state what fumbling idiots they are.
When is the last time they made a decision that brought growth?
Old timer

Shalimar, FL

#16 Jun 25, 2013
Is boose the only thing that is needed, how sad.
booze

Panama City, FL

#17 Jun 25, 2013
is driving force of business no matter which way you cut it. Christ turned water into wine at his business meeting! It made all saints.....
maybe

Freeport, FL

#18 Jun 25, 2013
Old timer wrote:
Is boose the only thing that is needed, how sad.
No we need a clock tower that will make things better you douchebag.
father time

Chipley, FL

#19 Jun 26, 2013
if everybody gets rid of their cell phones we won't have "time" ha ha Stupidest idea ever heard,
a clock....
Now You Know

United States

#20 Jun 26, 2013
Got to mount the tornado siren on something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the biggest Snitch in Wash Co ? (Apr '11) 13 hr AIPAC mohels 34
Best Locals Clubs/Bars Fri Shhhh 2
Sunny Hills MSBU (Feb '17) Fri get rid of civ ass 69
Wanted : small lot for trailer/camper etc. Aug 17 Concerned also 2
Holmes County / Public Works / Road Department (Oct '10) Aug 16 wondering 9
Civic Association leader CAUGHT Aug 15 almost there 25
News Andrews, Kennedy to face off in Aug. 1 election... Aug 15 true true true 9

Chipley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance