Landmark water tower to be demolished

Mar 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington County News

The water tower that has been a Chipley landmark for the better part of a century needs to be demolished.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2013
Funny to me

Geneva, AL

#1 Mar 9, 2013
what about the new tornado siren that was just put up about a month ago on the tower? another waste of money
Warsaw

Chipley, FL

#2 Mar 9, 2013
I think it's funny Jim Morris was at that mtg and just a couple of years ago he didn't mind sending his employees with the city up that tower to hang Christmas lights. And now he says it's a hazard kinda funny don't you think now he and his son is in the tank business he wants it down. Also kinda funny news said Cain and rustin was not for it but it amazes me when Jim steps up and says it's time for it to come down they suddenly jump on the wagon. I kinda guess who will get the job on removal and install of a new tank and paint.
old man

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#3 Mar 10, 2013
He has been in the tank business for many years.
Tank man

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2013
Tear it down. Its time to clean up. Cost is no object. Just make the citizens pay more. I like Republican Boards. They make me rich!
Student

Enterprise, AL

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Why not have a professional independent engineer make the decision as to the safety and the need for such an immediate removal?
old timer

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#6 Mar 11, 2013
List it on E Bay and let someone buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Candidates legal info 2 hr Uncalled for too7714 36
2014 Football season 7 hr concerned 15
Who will be the next sheriff of Washington County? 7 hr Jethro 5
Pate gets the message 15 hr yep 16
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Fri Sur 13 Beat 2,959
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Thu Liberal forever 2,121
NFCH is a joke, too big for its britches Thu maybe for this 4
•••
•••

Chipley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chipley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chipley News, Events & Info