Landmark water tower to be demolished

Landmark water tower to be demolished

There are 6 comments on the Washington County News story from Mar 8, 2013, titled Landmark water tower to be demolished. In it, Washington County News reports that:

The water tower that has been a Chipley landmark for the better part of a century needs to be demolished.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington County News.

Funny to me

Geneva, AL

#1 Mar 9, 2013
what about the new tornado siren that was just put up about a month ago on the tower? another waste of money

Chipley, FL

#2 Mar 9, 2013
I think it's funny Jim Morris was at that mtg and just a couple of years ago he didn't mind sending his employees with the city up that tower to hang Christmas lights. And now he says it's a hazard kinda funny don't you think now he and his son is in the tank business he wants it down. Also kinda funny news said Cain and rustin was not for it but it amazes me when Jim steps up and says it's time for it to come down they suddenly jump on the wagon. I kinda guess who will get the job on removal and install of a new tank and paint.
old man

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#3 Mar 10, 2013
He has been in the tank business for many years.
Tank man

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2013
Tear it down. Its time to clean up. Cost is no object. Just make the citizens pay more. I like Republican Boards. They make me rich!

Enterprise, AL

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Why not have a professional independent engineer make the decision as to the safety and the need for such an immediate removal?
old timer

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#6 Mar 11, 2013
List it on E Bay and let someone buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Washington County Sheriff/Ambulance Met... 19 hr dangit man 16
gang stalking (Apr '12) Oct 6 anonymous pete 151
Chipley High Football Oct 6 hound dawg 3
Black and white dating?? (Nov '10) Oct 5 Mulatto 113
Dick at Margaritaville. Oct 5 Vacationer 1
Sunny Hills Civic Assoc. Oct 4 get rid off civ ass 47
CRA Director Ted Everet Oct 4 Fed up Ted 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chipley Mortgages