Is Sunny HIlls legal now?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Plainview, NY

#21 Apr 10, 2009
OH you can believe that he still has the truck at his house. He doesnt care about the old rule, he makes them up as he goes. I guarantee you a dollar that now he will say he needs the truck to check on the elderly and to help the others make the infamous "3 minute response time". People are finally seeing what the firemen were trying to say. There's more..just stay tuned to the news and topix.
How Long

Plainview, NY

#22 Apr 10, 2009
When are the county officials going to see that they have been taken-in by one guy who makes jobs for himself: First, MSBU Coordinator, when he got fired he made himself Firechief with no State Certification. WAKE UP WASHINGTON COUNTY....
Nice Try

Plainview, NY

#23 Apr 10, 2009
There are no qualified firemen at Sunny Hills. The one called Steffen did not even know that he was pronounced "chief" of the firehouse by the board members. In fact he said he would never even work there. Just another lie...
Billard

Plainview, NY

#24 Apr 10, 2009
he was seen under the hood of the brush truck this morning near 279 headed south he was alone, guess the brush truck is worn out, and it doesn't matter what his title he is going to keep using the trucks and paying himself as long as he is in that fire house with or without a legal title. Come on Al Gothard get him out of this area. Please!!
comment

Chipley, FL

#25 Apr 10, 2009
I thought this man was supposed to be sitting on his rear end answering phone calls.
So why has he just been spotted driving the Blvd in the brush truck and in his driveway now?
Also maybe someone needs to check what was pulled out of the Fire Station yesterday afternoon.
(*)+(*)
-------
baldie

Plainview, NY

#26 Apr 10, 2009
Nice Try wrote:
There are no qualified firemen at Sunny Hills. The one called Steffen did not even know that he was pronounced "chief" of the firehouse by the board members. In fact he said he would never even work there. Just another lie...
I hope Steffen is smart enough to stay away from Sunny Hills fire house until Gothard takes over.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#27 Apr 10, 2009
Dirt Road Rebel wrote:
My question is...
If what I have heard is right.. Should RD or someone dig into all the Fire Depts to check for certifications?.. There is so much ruckus around this, would it not be a good idea?
I'm not a fireman, so explain "hot zone". I don't want to do something that my be considered illegal. I have helped with fires in my area, but I guess I fall under the "good Samaritan" act.
I have never touched any Fire Dept equipment, but I have been out there with shovels and stuff.
If it's close to my home, or someone I know.. I can't just sit and watch...
DRR what I have been understanding is Roger Hagan signed off on many certificates which are no good.
I don't know who is responsible, but it is interesting!

“Nan Thompson!”

Here

#28 Apr 10, 2009
idol time wrote:
<quoted text>
DRR what I have been understanding is Roger Hagan signed off on many certificates which are no good.
I don't know who is responsible, but it is interesting!
Hmmm. Certificates for all fighter fighters in the area?
I guess I'm lost... Is Roger Dale an instructor of some kind???

If not why would HE be signing any certificate..
Normally an instructor, teacher or school representative signs things...
Or does his title of EOC director allow this?

Location hidden

#29 Apr 10, 2009
I have been able to obtain a copy of one he signed, along side the instructor, so I am not sure why the certifications are no good.
I am curious to how many were signed off on, and how many are and are not what they portray to be.
Seen Glen Zanetic, And Sam Rudd are the two mentioned so far.
Been there talked to him

Plainview, NY

#30 Apr 11, 2009
I have presonally spoken to the instructor and can tell you that he signed off on the classroom part of the certificates. The men/women in the class then had to go to a live burn instructor and a first responder class and then bring those completions back to the original instructor and he would submit the records to the state. He says now the records were never brought to him and he never submitted them to the state. This had to be done in order for the state to decide they could sit for the test. According to the instructor, he went to the EOC office and signed his side of the certificates and they were to be held until their office had proof of completion of the rest of the classes. However, they were handed out instead to the class participants saying they had completed the 160 hr class. It was a huge mixup.However, that certificate was a completion certificate NOT a state certification as SH and Wausau have both tried to pass it off as. I understand there were about 5-7 people in the class and I assume they all received the certificates.
sweetness

AOL

#31 Apr 11, 2009
i live in sunny hills and have listened to this topic about about glen, close to four years now .QUESTION/// 1-WHO HIRED OR PUT HIM IN THIS POSTION TO BEGIN WITH ? 2-WHO DOES HE REPORT TO?3-WHATS HIS YEARLY SALARY COUNTING BENEFITS 4-WHAT FUND DOES HIS SALARY COME OUT OF AND IS THIS A COUNTY POSITION?
Clyde Bumgardner

Mobile, AL

#32 Apr 11, 2009
All foolishness aside here folks I have kept silent on this issue, because up until today it did not concern me, but now it does. You see people in Sunny Hills have become concerned that maybe their homes aren't as safe as they once were. I heard about how Mr. Gothard was asked to leave, and now it seems the entire department has been replaced? My tenant informed me that he will not be resigning his lease this year, because of the fact that he fears he can't count on the fire department. I couldn't argue with him, he saw the news, and he knows that people aren't certified ... I wished him well... People this has hit me in the pocket book now, and I would simply request that the people in charge of all this, whoever that may be, get a handle on it. How about you get the certified volunteers back, like Mr. Gothard, restore some honesty and stop all the foolishness. I'd like to thank all certified volunteers, because keeping your training up shows you take a serious job seriously. What's it going to take for you people to get the training you need? I'm worried not so much for my property as I am for the safety of the men and women who fight the fires. I don't want anyone to get hurt putting out a fire at one of my rentals just to save property that has insurance anyway. Money is one thing, but you people take your lives into your hands every time you go out! Get trained, get certified, and I don't want to hear how you've been doing it for 20 years, you might have been doing it wrong for 20 years for all you know.

Wishing you all continued success,
Mr. Clyde Bumgardner
Truth

Yuma, AZ

#33 Apr 11, 2009
sweetness wrote:
i live in sunny hills and have listened to this topic about about glen, close to four years now .QUESTION/// 1-WHO HIRED OR PUT HIM IN THIS POSTION TO BEGIN WITH ? 2-WHO DOES HE REPORT TO?3-WHATS HIS YEARLY SALARY COUNTING BENEFITS 4-WHAT FUND DOES HIS SALARY COME OUT OF AND IS THIS A COUNTY POSITION?
ronnie b. finch
who is in charge

Panama City, FL

#34 Apr 15, 2009
Tell me this is a joke..... Josh Tracey is the latest on the list of sunny hills firemen? It absoutley can not be. Tell me this is pure rumor.....P_L_E_A_S_E_........ .
IN GENERAL

Youngstown, FL

#35 Apr 15, 2009
Wish I could say he is not, but seen a roster yesterday, and his name was there.....a long with his father!
Huh

Plainview, NY

#36 Apr 15, 2009
I wonder if the county and EOC is aware that they have been put on the roster as it is my understanding that they have to have the physical and drug screening done by the county prior to being added to roster. Can't just fill it with names without going through the proper channels.
complaint

West Monroe, LA

#37 Apr 16, 2009
SH and Wausau do it all the time. Those chiefs dont need the EOC to tell them what to do. They make their own rules and nobody gonna tell them different. Between the two of them wasting money you could probably fund another substation fire department in the county. But hey, the county lets em do it, so have fun chiefs wasting our money and screwing us over.
Ben Dover

Plainview, NY

#38 Apr 16, 2009
Coordinator
Administrator
Firechief
con man
adjuster
house photographer
first responder (CPR) only
snake & cat catcher
liens & foreclosure champ
SO MANY TITLES TO BE PROUD OF
private eye

Plainview, NY

#39 Apr 16, 2009
Ben Dover wrote:
Coordinator
Administrator
Firechief
con man
adjuster
house photographer
first responder (CPR) only
snake & cat catcher
liens & foreclosure champ
SO MANY TITLES TO BE PROUD OF
you forgot a big one and many of them "JUDGEMENTS"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 1 hr Norman VN 1
what's wrong with this been Holland 4 hr Who Flung Poo 2
Holmes County 911 Operator 21 hr nice people 3
Boat Lake (Jun '08) Wed Voter 719
The Who? Wed anonymous 62
Clerk of Court Office (Feb '15) Tue Monitor man 70
Young's Piggly Wiggly - Chipley PRICES ARE UP Tue Grocery man 5

Chipley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance