Pay attention to the Florida Gas Pipe...

Pay attention to the Florida Gas Pipeline Project

Posted in the Chipley Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
FED-UP

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2008
Residents along the Florida gas pipeline, not just in Washington County, but throughout the state need to now turn there focus to the Florida Gas Pipeline. That is about to begin work on a new Natural Gas Pipeline...
Residents West of Hwy77 the new line is proposed to use the North side of the existing pipe... They are asking for 100 feet..50 Permanent, 50 temporary.
Residents from Hwy77 East, they have proposed to do the same thing to the South. 50 feet permanent, 50 feet temporary.

The loss of our land is on the horizon..
Not once Florida Gas Transmission reps offered money for our land... They are talking Easements, Acquisitions, right of ways and if all else fails Eminent Domain......

One meeting was held in Chipley April 24th at the Ag Center, approximately 30 people showed. Representatives claimed the maps were wrong and were subject to change...

Another meeting was held in Crestview last week...7 people showed from Washington County.
WHY?? Were you not aware of these meetings? Have you been given false hopes?

Landowners had better pay attention...

Stop worrying about who is the dumbest commissioner or what this one did to that one...

If your willing to give up your land fine...
I'm not...
People interested in what is really going on.. I will be more than happy to talk with you...
Bunny

United States

#2 Jun 11, 2008
They put a pipeline through our friends property and that friend made a pretty good profit from it and still able to use the land. Guess you have to ask and negotiate the money thing. He was offered one price and later heard a neighbor got a higher price so he went back to the pipeline people and they matched the neighbors price. I'm sure they would be thrilled if no one asked for money but that is unrealistic. How would they like their personal property taken from them?
FED-UP

United States

#3 Jun 11, 2008
Yes that was before on the original pipeline construction.. Land was bought and paid for... Now they are asking for easements, and right a ways...
No compensation....
Just an additional 100 feet of non usable land....
Bunny

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2008
FED-UP wrote:
Yes that was before on the original pipeline construction.. Land was bought and paid for... Now they are asking for easements, and right a ways...
No compensation....
Just an additional 100 feet of non usable land....
Then everyone should get out and fight for their rights. We are in America where people should fight for their land!!! We pay taxes for our land and they should abolish the eminant domain laws! Seems like we are losing all our rights as landowners.
ABC

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2008
Only big corporations have a voice,yes we are losing many rights .Look what happend in Spain with this price of gasoline,here everybody is paying only talking,talking-we need this ,we need that,we can not even talk to our commish.they know better.Now we are going to pay for their trip to Orlando or somwhere and the county is broke.Talk is cheap.
FED-UP

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2008
I'm working on things now... I will be at the next Washington county Commission meeting June 19th at 1PM....... I am scheduled to speak.. I am on the roster, not just a floor speaker from the audience...

More than most know is going on...so I plan on sharing it... I am working on media attention at the same time... Florida Gas in just in the pre-file stage.. But if WE as citizens don't take action NOW!!! We will lose our rights and our land...
I am setting up a website for open forums too...This is ludicrous and I for one am not going to sit still while this happens...

This pipeline is being run from Texas to South Florida...at OUR expense.... with no benefit except to the Gas people....we get the screws and get to pay the taxes...
If you know someone that lives in / or around the gas line let them know....They need to talk to their county commissioners, and make LOTS of noise... I'm not talking just Washington County.. I talking everywhere...

Some I have talked to seem to think they are being paid.. THIS IS NOT the way its going...People are taking the words and reading into what they want to see...

For me I do not wish to sell, or give up my land PERIOD.... as I am sure many others do not... nor do I wish to have anymore encroachment by the pipeline... Yes I purchased the land knowing there was a pipeline there... doesn't mean I want them any closer...

Call me a tree hugger or whatever... But I can guarantee you... I will be sitting in front of a bull dozer if I have to...
Mark

AOL

#8 Jul 25, 2008
I would like more info about this if youhave it. TY
Mark

AOL

#9 Jul 25, 2008
It is going right through our home.
Mark

AOL

#10 Jul 25, 2008
Please let us know how it's going...
FED-UP wrote:
I'm working on things now... I will be at the next Washington county Commission meeting June 19th at 1PM....... I am scheduled to speak.. I am on the roster, not just a floor speaker from the audience...
More than most know is going on...so I plan on sharing it... I am working on media attention at the same time... Florida Gas in just in the pre-file stage.. But if WE as citizens don't take action NOW!!! We will lose our rights and our land...
I am setting up a website for open forums too...This is ludicrous and I for one am not going to sit still while this happens...
This pipeline is being run from Texas to South Florida...at OUR expense.... with no benefit except to the Gas people....we get the screws and get to pay the taxes...
If you know someone that lives in / or around the gas line let them know....They need to talk to their county commissioners, and make LOTS of noise... I'm not talking just Washington County.. I talking everywhere...
Some I have talked to seem to think they are being paid.. THIS IS NOT the way its going...People are taking the words and reading into what they want to see...
For me I do not wish to sell, or give up my land PERIOD.... as I am sure many others do not... nor do I wish to have anymore encroachment by the pipeline... Yes I purchased the land knowing there was a pipeline there... doesn't mean I want them any closer...
Call me a tree hugger or whatever... But I can guarantee you... I will be sitting in front of a bull dozer if I have to...
FED-UP

United States

#11 Aug 1, 2008
Mark wrote:
I would like more info about this if you have it. TY
County commission meetings have been held...
The next meeting with Florida Gas is Sept 3 Wed. at 6PM at the county annex...
Mark what county are you in Washington?
I have had many interviews with newspapers and news crews.. Look at www.Fosterfollynews.com My information is in there on how to contact me...Please do.. We as affected citizens have a group formed we need as many people as possible...
mrs wilson

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2008
FED-UP wrote:
<quoted text>
County commission meetings have been held...
The next meeting with Florida Gas is Sept 3 Wed. at 6PM at the county annex...
Mark what county are you in Washington?
I have had many interviews with newspapers and news crews.. Look at www.Fosterfollynews.com My information is in there on how to contact me...Please do.. We as affected citizens have a group formed we need as many people as possible...
i live in brevard county - we bought our property in 1993 - build a house which has a florida gas transmission line running through it - ABOVE GROUND about a 35 foot extansion that goes over a now non-existing canal that use to run across all property owners - fgt have an attitude of who cares - we have asked them to at least put a guard rail next to it since we do pass by it every day - they say it's not in their budget - hasn't been for the last 50 years - they think they own our property and can come and go as they please - amm working on a way to fight them - but it seems impossible for us - they say you knew the pipe line was there when you bought it and my answer is you might marry someone who has cancer - doesn't mean you still aren't going to fight it - GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT
mrs wilson

West Monroe, LA

#13 Aug 5, 2008
Bunny wrote:
They put a pipeline through our friends property and that friend made a pretty good profit from it and still able to use the land. Guess you have to ask and negotiate the money thing. He was offered one price and later heard a neighbor got a higher price so he went back to the pipeline people and they matched the neighbors price. I'm sure they would be thrilled if no one asked for money but that is unrealistic. How would they like their personal property taken from them?
we have been asking fgt to lower their exposed 50 foot pipeline across our property since 1993 - to think they gave people money is out of reality - they won't even spend money for a guard rail around it - but they have 2.6 million to spend on 568 miles. sorry for your luck - not going to happen - i'm from brevard county - we have old 1950's pipelines exposed - hopefully you won't be reading about in in the florda today if it blows up -
Bunny

United States

#14 Aug 5, 2008
mrs wilson wrote:
<quoted text>we have been asking fgt to lower their exposed 50 foot pipeline across our property since 1993 - to think they gave people money is out of reality - they won't even spend money for a guard rail around it - but they have 2.6 million to spend on 568 miles. sorry for your luck - not going to happen - i'm from brevard county - we have old 1950's pipelines exposed - hopefully you won't be reading about in in the florda today if it blows up -
I should have mentioned that the pipeline our friends made money on was in Mississippi not Florida but I assumed all pipeline companies had to pay you when they put lines through your property.
LIKE TO KNOW

Panama City, FL

#15 Aug 5, 2008
I AM JUST CURIOUS AS TO HOW SAFE THIS PIPELINE IS. WHAT MEASURES DO THEY TAKE TO MAKE SURE THERE WILL BE NO LEAKS, EXPLOSIONS, ETC. IS IT IN INSPECTED YEARLY ?
3 mile island

United States

#16 Aug 5, 2008
LIKE TO KNOW wrote:
I AM JUST CURIOUS AS TO HOW SAFE THIS PIPELINE IS. WHAT MEASURES DO THEY TAKE TO MAKE SURE THERE WILL BE NO LEAKS, EXPLOSIONS, ETC. IS IT IN INSPECTED YEARLY ?
You people sound like a bunch of Democrats. Pipelines mean progress and help for those in need. Life can't stand still. What cost a dollar 10 years ago costs 2 dollars today...that's life. If you charge me $10 to clean my home 10 years ago, should I get upset when you want to raise your rate to $15.
acp

United States

#17 Aug 6, 2008
Hey island ,it has nothing to be democrat or green party,or...Not everything means progress,we the people in the name of it are destroing the planet.Don't you remember Bush give 5000$ for SUV so we can drive with a bigger car and the oil from Irak supposed to pay the bills.Now they are talking about drills.Here in Fl.we have a lot of sun why the solar system for a small house costs about30000$.It is the election year and politicians after they are elected only talk: democrats,republicans talk,and talk and talk.It is ONE country do what is good for us the people so don't tell me everything means progress.
mrs wilson

Bossier City, LA

#18 Aug 6, 2008
they did pay $1 in 1959 for their right of way and i am sure that hasn't changed - never payed to have my house cleaned so yea i am proud to be a democrat - and you also get to pay the property taxes while they make the money - gee get it money - they take over your property and they make the money - not you - that is real progress - for who - certainly not you - once it is done it will be done - forever - it will always be going through your property - read up on pipeline explsions - it's not pretty -
LIKE TO KNOW

Panama City, FL

#19 Aug 6, 2008
Who has to pay the property tax on the pipeline right away? I don't believe in knocking economic growth as long as honest people do not have to give up their land and continue to pay tax on something they cannot use. I heard you cannot even plant a tree, flowers, etc. on your own land, but you have to pay the property tax. Let the company who has right away start paying the tax, and you will see things change. The rich keep getting richer, at the working mans expense. 3 mile Island grow up, if it affected you, you would be upset to.
GO GAS

United States

#20 Aug 6, 2008
FED-UP, it sounds to me like you need some cheese with your whine. The gas line will go,because the needs of the many out weigh the wants of the one. FGT will pay you a fair price and if you keep your mouth shut and play your cards right, you could get more. Oh I am sorry, that is what is probably all about anyway, the sweakie wheel gets the most grease. You are not going to lose you land and you can plant grass and let the cows graze on it. In a time when this country needs all the domestic oil and gas we can get, and you want to gripe, give me a break. I bet you are going to vote for Obama too. I know I am in the presence of bunch of tree hugging, owl kissing, snail darter loving, save the whales and polar bears too. I think I am getting sick to my stomach. DRILL MORE WELLS, LAY MORE PIPELINES,BUILD MORE REFINERIES AND TELL THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS TO BITE A HOG
OMG

United States

#21 Aug 6, 2008
No,we need more conservation,recycling,nuclear power and more.What is wrong with you people I 'm reading the names, bunch of this ,bunch of that.NOBODY,NOBODY deserves that I always was sure that everone is allowed to have his own opinion but looks like everyone wants to give a lesson,and it doesn't mean a good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joel Orlando--- what is the whole story 3 hr Thedogatemypaper 1
Glen Zanetic (Mar '13) Thu get rid off civ ass 553
Clerk of Court Office Thu New to Sunny Hills 14
Joel orlando fired,resigned or retired which is... Tue BabydAddys mama 5
Mike Collins Tue Life long resident 24
zee zee Jun 30 CrystalMeClean 11
Joel Orlando! Good coach or good timing! Jun 25 Football time 9
More from around the web

Chipley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE