Disappointed !!!!!
Chipley Fan

Chipley, FL

#1 Sep 13, 2012
I think it sucks that Chipley is al about TIGERNATION.
Where was the TIGERNATION tonight , I can tell ya where they we not at and that's at the JV game [aaginst Bonifay. These guys are our future VARSITY and TIGERNATION is NO where to be seen. If Chipley TIGERNATION DON'T Care enough about JV now and can't come out and support the JV team now why show up when they are VARSITY.It makes me sick to know that we only have 18 boys on JV giving all they can with only the SUPPORT of their parents..
TIGY

Chipley, FL

#2 Sep 15, 2012
Dear Chipley Fan,
When your son does something productive on the football field to play on FRIDAY nights, he will have a crowd. JV is kinda like the minor leagues. Nobody shows up for them either. So until your son produces at a level in which Chip can utilize on Friday nights, enjoy your 50 fans that show up. Be thankful to even have a JV team instead of complaining about no fans being at the games.
Chipley Tiger

Chipley, FL

#3 Sep 15, 2012
Chipley Fan wrote:
I think it sucks that Chipley is al about TIGERNATION.
Where was the TIGERNATION tonight , I can tell ya where they we not at and that's at the JV game [aaginst Bonifay. These guys are our future VARSITY and TIGERNATION is NO where to be seen. If Chipley TIGERNATION DON'T Care enough about JV now and can't come out and support the JV team now why show up when they are VARSITY.It makes me sick to know that we only have 18 boys on JV giving all they can with only the SUPPORT of their parents..
I for one would have to say that I have set as you do now and watched my son play with very few spectators in the stands. This is not new to the way that High School Sports are. Not just football but also the others as well. I believe that the biggest issue with the JV not having many spectators is due to the fact that they play on a work and school night. I as well as many others are able to make it to a Fri. night game because I can relax knowing that I do not have to get up and go to work the next day. I see the same problem in every church in the area as well. Many show up on Sunday morning but not as many on Sunday night and 10% of the church shows up on wednesday night. Do not be disheartned over this matter but rather be encouraged that although we may not show to watch your son play we still enjoy looking at the scores and seeing when they beat the socks off of the other teams and will soon be a varsity tiger playing under the Friday night lights. Go JV Tigers!
Chipley Fan

Youngstown, FL

#4 Sep 18, 2012
TIGY -- I didn't say that my son played on JV my son plays varsity . I was just saying that JV is the future varsity and they too need the support of the TigerNation. To see the look on the parents faces is and was sad we go to help cheer the guys on so when they do make it to varsity they'll know they had supporter's from the start. I've supported from Pee Wee thru Middle School and now High School and will continue to do so.
TIGY

Chipley, FL

#5 Sep 19, 2012
Cool?
Who cares

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Jv is just a way for those that can't play ball. Sorry, but I have more to do than support players that could not cut it with the big kids. Screw tigers all around anyway
Geewhiz

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Who cares wrote:
Jv is just a way for those that can't play ball. Sorry, but I have more to do than support players that could not cut it with the big kids. Screw tigers all around anyway
JV is for 9th and some 10th grade players. Some years there is no JV due to a low number of boys going out and in this case everyone is on varsity. Get your facts straight before coming on here and humiliating yourself.
Opinion

Trenton, FL

#8 Sep 20, 2012
I feel we need to go back to the way it was. 9th and 10th graders were for JV as well as the cheerleaders. 11th and 12th was. Wraith as well fr the. Cheerleaders. I do not believe a girl coming into high school should be on the varsity squad. Brush are with 12th graders and are getting into too much at such an early age. Same with the boys. And what is up with all these state laws to get high school students to graduate ASAP. In 2 years if possible. What happened to bonding. Getting to k is your classmates so that in 30 years you are excited about seeing the people you spent most of your life wih since day care. We are pushing these kids to grow up too soon. We all turned out fine and we didn't have all this. Actually I can't think of about maybe 8 in my class that did not have a successful life and career. Let's get back to the basics. The kids can't be kids anymore.
Just Sayin

Chipley, FL

#9 Sep 21, 2012
I don't think it matters if the child is in 9th grade or not, if they are the best athlete out there for their position, then they earn the right to be on varsity. As far as kids getting into too much at an early age, that goes back to the parents for not laying the law down at home. Put responsibility where it's due and stop playing the blame game.
parent

Panama City, FL

#10 Sep 27, 2012
It's bad that the coach couldn't even have ice for the JV game today and one of the players dads went and bought ice so they could have cold water.. Get it together Coach and show JV they are important too.
and to tigy what makes you think varsity plays any better than JV.. wow they won 1 game half of those boys playing this year couldn't cut it with Armstrong
because he weeded the butt kissers and weak ones out.
Chipley Fan

Youngstown, FL

#11 Sep 28, 2012
AMEN !!!
Real Florida Magazine

Naples, FL

#12 Sep 28, 2012
View photos from the Chipley, Florida vs. Walton County Junior Varsity football game on October 27, 2012 at http://www.RealFloridaMagazine.org/ .
do you support

Panama City, FL

#13 Sep 28, 2012
when a kid takes an exam? do you support everything that goes on in school? that is a kid's
way of letting off steam. nobody supported me in track, I just did it...parents today don't feel like going to school to support a sport. do you support mom everytime she cooks for thanksgiving?
stay the heck out of the kitchen and school.
Chipley Fan

Panama City Beach, FL

#14 Sep 28, 2012
do you support wrote:
when a kid takes an exam? do you support everything that goes on in school? that is a kid's
way of letting off steam. nobody supported me in track, I just did it...parents today don't feel like going to school to support a sport. do you support mom everytime she cooks for thanksgiving?
What the heck are you talking about?
tigger

Chipley, FL

#15 Sep 28, 2012
do you support wrote:
All I got out of this whole statement was "mom cooks for Thanksgiving"....Lets eat!
Red Dawn

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Nov 25, 2012
All I can say is your Tiger nation will not matter much loner. Look to your family and the people that next to you. Revolution is coming. Are you ready?
Mary

United States

#17 Dec 14, 2012
To "just saying ". I was. Ot trying to take responsibility off the kids. What I am saying you have 9th grade girls who make varsity cheering. I meant they start hanging with seniors getting rides from them and learni f about things that the time is not right for. I have seem ka y a girl that this has happened too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 7 Ron Marasco Wed Ryan Michaels 20
Ryan Nation Wed jeff p 5
Ron Marasco Wed Karen Walker 1
News Florida - Girls Gone Wild Founder Sentenced For... (Apr '07) Nov 21 Servicedoglili 8
Holmes County Superintendent Nov 21 Atomic Power 31
Policeman (Jul '09) Nov 20 Concerned 60
Officer Otis makes Cottondale Ghost town (Feb '13) Nov 20 cop too 21

Chipley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chipley Mortgages