Dog's owners hope to change state rab...

Dog's owners hope to change state rabies shot law

There are 25 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Dog's owners hope to change state rabies shot law. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

California residents are required by state law to get their dogs vaccinated for rabies, but Sam and Cecilia Gadd are refusing to do so - they fear the shots could kill their pet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ChiBell

Encino, CA

#21 Mar 29, 2012
Whoever wrote this is must be mentally challenged. People like you follow along cluelessly in life and mess the world up for the rest of us. If there is no longer a need for a potentially harmful vaccine, then don't force people or animals to have it. More and more research is revealing the dangers of vaccines. Get a clue and do your research before you open your mouth!
Concerned wrote:
If you don't want to obey this law, then give up the dog to an adoption service.
Laws control our society. Without them, we're no better than a 3rd world nation.
Put the rest of the pet owner's interests above your own, and stop thinking you have a "right" to an exemption.
ChiBell

Encino, CA

#22 Mar 29, 2012
This entire statement cannot be more rediculous! Has nothing to do with the subject. Whoever wrote this is clueless and worse off mindless. You obviously do not like animals (probably including the people variety). I have a theory about people who do not like animals...they are evil inside, have no feelings, and in this case no brains either...because mindlessly following laws that have no basis to reality is retarded!
Resident wrote:
What a bunch of hooey! You think you're all so "special" because you own a pet? I've had dogs and cats all my life. Each and every one always had their shots, on time.
Do you also think you have the right to speed down a freeway, because you're late to work? Hey, why you're at it, why stop for a red light? People have been hurt when stopped for a red light, so next time, just drive on through!
Some of you really do demonstrate your lack of respect to our nation's laws, along with your lack of intelligence.
Owing a pet requires a responsible owner. Do you license your dogs and cats, or does the double standard apply to you there, also?
VetsLuvMoneyAndP ower

Fort Worth, TX

#23 Jul 15, 2012
Gia wrote:
Why not a compromise - provide an exemption if the owner providers documenation of a rabies titer blood test in lieu of the vaccine.
Titer testing is mostly simply a gimmick to rake in lost revenue from lack of vaccination sales.
As a former veterinary technician I implore you to read "How to Afford Veterinary Care Without Mortgaging the Kids"
Whether or not to vaccinate should be up to the owner not the government and not a veterinarian.
Hank

United States

#24 Jul 16, 2012
Get a cat!
Dexter

Alpharetta, GA

#25 Sep 21, 2012
It sure would help me if I could vaccinate for rabies at home. Everytime I have to take my dog to the vet he throws up and has diareaha in my car. In addition he get so nervous that all his hair starts falling out. By the time we get home I am ready to sell my Volts Wagon. I am a nurse and I certainly know how to give a shot. I would gladly pay off the vet with a greed fee to be able to vaccinate at home and avoid exposing poor Winston to the trama of the trip to Dr. Killhim's office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alleged gang member pleads not guilty in Upland... (Jan '09) 1 hr DezNDaniel 13
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,717
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 4 hr Joe escandon 1,802
News Dr. Gott: Seeking way to clean digestive system (Jun '10) Fri healer 10
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Thu Well Well 4,839
News San Bernardino, others cracking down on panhand... (Oct '10) Jan 18 RGregory0321 76
visiting a graveyard Jan 17 DaviscpO 1

Chino Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chino Hills Mortgages