Chino Hills man commits suicide after sheriff's deputies respond to...

A 29-year-old man took his own life after sheriff's deputies went to his house following a 9-1-1 call. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DoUntoOthers

United States

#112 Aug 5, 2010
This man served our country and for that, he will always be a hero. Soldiers who come home after serving have to deal with so much and don't know how. The government needs to offer more help to those soldiers in need so this doesn't continue happening.

My prayers are with the family. May the Lord give you the strength to go through this tough time. It may seem like an eternity before you find internal healing, but it will come...that is my prayer for you.

To those who can't say one nice thing, your day will come, you won't live forever. For you yourself probably have issues (daddy & mommy issues), which is why you were raised to have so much hatred and no morals. Until you have walked a day in his shoes you should probably keep your mouth shut. He will be getting the burial deserves...I would like to see how many people show up to your funeral. You better pray every day to live another day longer...for hell is an eternity of suffering.
Service Member

Folsom, CA

#113 Aug 5, 2010
DoUntoOthers wrote:
This man served our country and for that, he will always be a hero. Soldiers who come home after serving have to deal with so much and don't know how. The government needs to offer more help to those soldiers in need so this doesn't continue happening.
My prayers are with the family. May the Lord give you the strength to go through this tough time. It may seem like an eternity before you find internal healing, but it will come...that is my prayer for you.
To those who can't say one nice thing, your day will come, you won't live forever. For you yourself probably have issues (daddy & mommy issues), which is why you were raised to have so much hatred and no morals. Until you have walked a day in his shoes you should probably keep your mouth shut. He will be getting the burial deserves...I would like to see how many people show up to your funeral. You better pray every day to live another day longer...for hell is an eternity of suffering.
People will always have both negative and positive things to say. But for all of the hatred in their hearts we shouldn't judge or even wish bad upon them. Judgement is reserved for God. All we should do is pray they are blessed and hope their eyes and hearts are opened. Good will always triumph over evil. Judgement will come for all of us someday and will have to answer for our sins. Ensure you don't condemned yourself by wishing bad upon them in your anger. Let it go, people have the freedom to feel and say what they want...a freedom people like Mike helped keep.
rip

Orange, CA

#114 Aug 6, 2010
I just got the call a couple hours ago that Mike killed himself. I remember him has far back when we where in 6th grade all the way till the end of high school. Wow what a shock. Rip Mike
High School Friend

Riverside, CA

#115 Aug 7, 2010
Praying for the Leo family and for peace for Mike.
Fellow in arms

United States

#117 Aug 8, 2010
yay_sweet wrote:
One less disgusting, lawbreaking, egotistical, hot headed piggie on the streets. Hopefully the current budget crisis will make sure we don't hire a replacement. Good thing he did himself in before he did someone innocent in.
Way to speak about a person that protects you, your rights, your family and friends. Wait till you need someones help, that cop won't be a disgusting, lawbreaking, egotistical pig then will he? You as a matter of fact are the disgusting one. People are mourning here for Christs sake!!
crsfructso2

Los Angeles, CA

#119 Aug 10, 2010
Fellow Officer wrote:
Really?! That's all you have to say? No thoughts, prayers, condolences? Wow! The arrogance! There were relationship problems just like anyone else. Nobody is perfect.
Mike was the greatest person I've ever known. He deployed for his country with the military 4 times. Not only was he a Reserve Deputy but a Military Reservist as well. He was the most giving and generous person I knew. That's why he volunteered his time with the Sheriff's Dept and did his time with the Military. He was a true friend who would help ANYBODY in need. He was NOT a "sick fcuk" or "devil" as you describe him.
He made an error in judgement. Who's perfect?! You? Me? Nobody is! The least you could do is offer condolences for a person/family whom you'll never know to be someone they should make an Oscar Winning movie about...
Mike Leo fought for his country and this is the crap he gets?! Wow! At least he didn't go on a rampage at some mall or some place with a lot of people. But you see, he would never do that because he would never hurt anybody for any reason!!
Keep you ignorant comments to yourself!
A lot of people are ignorant to what goes on in a person's life. They do not know how to empathize. Who knows for sure how Michael felt, how he was thinking, what he was going through. I always wondered the anguish a person feels that he would do something to end his life like this. I have only sadness and compassion. I can imagine his pain and how tortured he was inside. We will never know why he felt compelled to do this to himself. I just know that those who are dear and close to him knew his feelings and his pain. We should just all pray for him and his loved ones.
crsfructso2

Los Angeles, CA

#120 Aug 10, 2010
yay_sweet wrote:
One less disgusting, lawbreaking, egotistical, hot headed piggie on the streets. Hopefully the current budget crisis will make sure we don't hire a replacement. Good thing he did himself in before he did someone innocent in.
You are absolutely a disgusting, narcissistic being. Sad to know there are ignorant people like you in this world.
Really

Victorville, CA

#121 Aug 12, 2010
F*@k you!!
None

Pomona, CA

#122 Aug 19, 2010
willy wrote:
This can't be the whole story. Poor reporting job.
There is more to the story, much more. Another example of not believing everything you read...especially the comments people are leaving...
CastanTruth

Los Angeles, CA

#123 Aug 20, 2010
None wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more to the story, much more. Another example of not believing everything you read...especially the comments people are leaving...
What are your trying to say,that it was someone elses fault,that someone else should have been looking after him ??? This adult man got HIS gun,put HIS finger on the trigger,pulled it and killed himself...END OF STORY.Move on.
someone

Moreno Valley, CA

#124 Aug 22, 2010
These are very mixed feeling post. Who was the girl there at his house? I am assuming an ex or current girlfriend
rachel

United States

#125 Jun 23, 2011
mike was a former boyfriend of mine, we meet each other while we were both serving in the military. he was a great person. it is a tragedy something like this had to happen to such a respected person. people are fast to judge someone without knowing the whole story. if u knew Mike, u would know that he would never harm anyone, and maybe that's the reason he did what ur did. no one will ever onow what he was thinking at that time, but in my eyes he is a hero and always will be. God bless you Mike and I will always love you.
Flame

Los Angeles, CA

#127 Jun 27, 2011
rachel wrote:
mike was a former boyfriend of mine, we meet each other while we were both serving in the military. he was a great person. it is a tragedy something like this had to happen to such a respected person. people are fast to judge someone without knowing the whole story. if u knew Mike, u would know that he would never harm anyone, and maybe that's the reason he did what ur did. no one will ever onow what he was thinking at that time, but in my eyes he is a hero and always will be. God bless you Mike and I will always love you.
Sadly delusional or still brainwashed? If you truly knew Mike beyond the facade he showed to the world you would know he was very capable of hurting others. Though you may have loved him, to say he wouldn't hurt anyone when he used his gun to terrorize several girlfriends, along with other kinds of abuse, is just disgustingly inaccurate. Do not degrade the abuse these women suffered at his hands because you may have some good memories and are clueless as to whom he really was. I think it is you who don't know the whole story and should probably silently consider yourself lucky he didn't chose to hurt you instead of spouting your sycophant nonsense about him being a hero.

A Hero does not bully and terrorize innocent people because he is angry at the world.
A Hero does not physically abuse defenseless women.
And a Hero does not destroy his family because he was going to be arrested and couldn't live in a world where he was not in control.

Distortion is not truth.
confused

United States

#128 Jul 1, 2011
Very interesting comments by all i am very glad someone shed some light at the very end of these posts. I would like to add just one more thing: a hero does not have an affair with a woman while she is still married to another military member.
kristy

Chino, CA

#129 Sep 18, 2012
I know I'm over two years late but I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum. I've known Mike since 4th grade and we went to school together. He was a good kid and never saw the bad in him. I last briefly saw him in 2008 when he was applying for as a police officer at an agency I worked at. I would have never thought this young man would take his own life, but how many of us have?

We will never know the real reason because he is no longer with us. people can only assume what they think may have happened.

The article is no longer available so I was not able to see what was reported. I knew his father and I wished I could offer them my support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr BRUINS FOR TRUTH 28,481
old orange groves off cajalco/I15 (Aug '09) 2 hr MLS 12
Thief breaking into cars in Chino Hills Thu Just me 3
Wanted to buy Geodes (Apr '08) Thu ONTHEMTN 2
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) Wed Hustla gangsters 1,757
Review: Victor HO & Rennie Cheung MD Dec 23 silentkillz1 1
WALMART closed in chino hills.. COPS everywhere... (Sep '10) Dec 22 Nat 9

Freeze Warning for San Bernardino County was issued at December 27 at 2:31AM PST

Chino Hills News Video

Chino Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chino Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chino Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chino Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST