Chino Hills man commits suicide after sheriff's deputies respond to...

A 29-year-old man took his own life after sheriff's deputies went to his house following a 9-1-1 call. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Fellow Officer

Victorville, CA

#3 Jul 30, 2010
Really?! That's all you have to say? No thoughts, prayers, condolences? Wow! The arrogance! There were relationship problems just like anyone else. Nobody is perfect.
Mike was the greatest person I've ever known. He deployed for his country with the military 4 times. Not only was he a Reserve Deputy but a Military Reservist as well. He was the most giving and generous person I knew. That's why he volunteered his time with the Sheriff's Dept and did his time with the Military. He was a true friend who would help ANYBODY in need. He was NOT a "sick fcuk" or "devil" as you describe him.
He made an error in judgement. Who's perfect?! You? Me? Nobody is! The least you could do is offer condolences for a person/family whom you'll never know to be someone they should make an Oscar Winning movie about...
Mike Leo fought for his country and this is the crap he gets?! Wow! At least he didn't go on a rampage at some mall or some place with a lot of people. But you see, he would never do that because he would never hurt anybody for any reason!!
Keep you ignorant comments to yourself!
Garageboy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Jul 30, 2010
Whats going on? so sad.
willy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Jul 30, 2010
This can't be the whole story. Poor reporting job.
Another cop

Chino Hills, CA

#6 Jul 30, 2010
This is an enormously sad story. Mike's family are proud, patriotic American's who have served this country and the state of California for their entire lives. They have given back ten fold. It is easy to make such insensitive comments when you only read the few lines that the editor / report choose to use to describe such a horrible incident. We all should look deeper into our own lives, draw our friends and family closer and pray for the Leo's as they try to make sense of something which is impossible to grasp.
Fellow Officer wrote:
Really?! That's all you have to say? No thoughts, prayers, condolences? Wow! The arrogance! There were relationship problems just like anyone else. Nobody is perfect.
Mike was the greatest person I've ever known. He deployed for his country with the military 4 times. Not only was he a Reserve Deputy but a Military Reservist as well. He was the most giving and generous person I knew. That's why he volunteered his time with the Sheriff's Dept and did his time with the Military. He was a true friend who would help ANYBODY in need. He was NOT a "sick fcuk" or "devil" as you describe him.
He made an error in judgement. Who's perfect?! You? Me? Nobody is! The least you could do is offer condolences for a person/family whom you'll never know to be someone they should make an Oscar Winning movie about...
Mike Leo fought for his country and this is the crap he gets?! Wow! At least he didn't go on a rampage at some mall or some place with a lot of people. But you see, he would never do that because he would never hurt anybody for any reason!!
Keep you ignorant comments to yourself!
Bravo 23

New York, NY

#7 Jul 30, 2010
r u kidding wrote:
What a sick fcuk..Glad no one has to deal with this devil anymore.
I won't even go here.
Fellow officer

Folsom, CA

#8 Jul 30, 2010
Sick fcuk? You guys make me sick. Instead of asking what could drive someone to do this, you make stupid comments. How about you wash your mouth out with buckshot? This way we can call you a sick fcuk or devil. But unlike you, we're not like that. Unlike you dumb asses, we have compassion and respect for the dead no matter who it is, or how they died. He was an only child and willfully deployed to Iraq and was willing to sacrifice him self for the well being of others. He didn't ask to go through that. He didn't ask for some girl to rip his heart out. But hey, what would you know about duty and sacrifice. He served his country and his community honorably and faithfully without asking for anything in return. But what would you know about service, commitment and honor? Mike was a great friend, a brother, loyal to his community and a hero in our hearts. He dedicated his life for others. He was an example for others cops to look up to. I served with this man and grew to know him as a brother. Trying serving you chumps, try doing something for others, try learning how to sacrifice for others instead of flapping your gums about something you know nothing about. You guys are a disgrace! Instead of going out on a rampage, he took his own. Maybe a bad call, but who are you to judge? Who are you?
Another Fellow officer

Glendale, CA

#10 Jul 30, 2010
D_avid, I think you're missing the point here. The family's world just got turned upside down but instead of simpathazing, people have the nerve to judge. Mike was a hero, not because he was a cop, or even for being in the military ensuring your freedom to mad mouth him. He was a hero because he dedicated himself to serving people like you, he sacrificed a lot for this country and his community so you guys can talk down about our "self righteous hero BS". But, when you're in trouble and there's no fire do you still call the fire department or the police. We're there because people like you won't be. No one likes cops until they need one! We should honor the memory of someone who dedicated his life for you, instead of attacking those who defend that memory. It doesn't matter how he died, only that he did and we lost a great man whether you agree or not. Noone's perfect, but at least there're still good people in the world who would gladly lay down theirs so you can go home to yours! What would the world be without cops and firefighters? Who would you call for help? These men and women go through he'll without expecting anything from you. Think about how you honor those who live and die for you.
dix suckers

Corona, CA

#12 Jul 30, 2010
the responding deputies are at fault. who's to say the man wasn't going to ambush the deputies? The deputies should have gone with theman to make sure there werent weapons in the house. Deputies need to be fired and held criminally resposible.
John Q Public

Glendale, CA

#14 Jul 31, 2010
People, people...Again, regardless of what you think, we shouldn't judge. Unless you were there or going through what he was going through we shouldn't judge. We all have our moments of weakness. Put your self in his shoes...you're having girl issues, wife issues, kid issues, financial issues,etc...you're entire life feels like it's crumbling down, how would react? Suicide is one leading causes of death for people in law enforcement, medical and firefighters, these people are not alway or mentally unstable. This could happened to anyone regardless of what you do. People go through many dramatic incidents in throughout their lives and they effect people differently...Everyone has their breaking point. It doesn't make bad people or unstable. It just make us human with limits. Cops are not bulletproof, and even they need someone to help them, but cops don't have to many outlets. Instead of criticizing, we should find ways to support them not put them down. Cops and firefighter don't have people they can turn too, like you do. A little compassion and understanding would probably be better than saying things like on less****to feed...and the responding deputies didn't screw up. They didn't see him as a threat because that's not common practice for a 911 hang-up. They only investigate first and if everything looks okay and nothing feels out of the ordinary, then there's no cause to for alarm. Have you ever had an accidental 911 hang-up? what did the cops do when they got there? Be careful how you judge people, you will be judge by the same measure.
Fozzie

Chino Hills, CA

#15 Jul 31, 2010
Just to educate the public and people like "Darn", reserve deputies have full-time jobs in a profession and then volunteer their own time out of the goodness of their hearts and put their lives on the line to insure the safety of the community in which they volunteer. They may be doctors, truck drivers, teachers, electricians, or business owners. Some are so giving that they are also military reserves as well. They are trained with the same classes as regular deputies. They are indispensable during emergency incidents where more manpower is needed such as wildfires, earthquakes, etc. since law enforcement has to deal with the incident AND still perform everyday law enforcement activities that are on-going despite the emergency incident. What have you done to give back to your community, Darn? Get educated before you post.
Kim

San Diego, CA

#16 Jul 31, 2010
What's with all the suicides in Chino Hills recently?
End Times

Chino Hills, CA

#17 Jul 31, 2010
We have just lost two little kids(brothers) only few days ago and now a reserve police officer with bright future.

We can't figure out this life...

God help us...help us to depend on you for everything.

Let's all pray for the families/fellow officers all suffering from this big loss/tragedy.
Location

Chino Hills, CA

#18 Jul 31, 2010
My condolences to the Leo Family and God Speed Mike!
Sad

Chino, CA

#19 Jul 31, 2010
This is so sad. A young man, now gone. May God provide peace for the family and friends.
Jones

Ontario, CA

#20 Jul 31, 2010
I feel sorry for Chino Hills city residents.
My prayers are with you people.

May God Bless Chino Hills!
2cents

Chino Hills, CA

#21 Jul 31, 2010
almost 50 years ago a neighborhood kid killed himself - still wonder now and again - sorry for all concerned
well

Brea, CA

#23 Jul 31, 2010
End Times wrote:
We have just lost two little kids(brothers) only few days ago and now a reserve police officer with bright future.
We can't figure out this life...
God help us...help us to depend on you for everything.
Let's all pray for the families/fellow officers all suffering from this big loss/tragedy.
Who is we? Were they your family? They lived in Chino Hills and you live in Long Beach?
Mike

Grand Terrace, CA

#24 Jul 31, 2010
D_avid wrote:
I urge everyone to back off a bit. I think Mr.'Fellow Officer' is next to blow a fuse and his meltdown may involve tracking down some post contributors and levelling his form of self righteous 'cops are heros' BS justice on you.
Step away from your computer, buddy. Put you gun away, have a few beers and think of the tickets you can write tomorrow. Everything will work out.
Hopefully you're his first stop. That would be doing everyone a favor. J/A.
Officer

Victorville, CA

#26 Jul 31, 2010
People, people! Relax... There is such a thing as disturbing the peace, even on the internet. There's no need to bad mouth or threaten each other. Your IP address can be very easily traced back to your residence. So relax with the un-needed threats. Good grief! You'd be better off not saying anything instead of fighting it out in court.
mike d

Chino, CA

#27 Jul 31, 2010
Fozzie wrote:
Just to educate the public and people like "Darn", reserve deputies have full-time jobs in a profession and then volunteer their own time out of the goodness of their hearts and put their lives on the line to insure the safety of the community in which they volunteer. They may be doctors, truck drivers, teachers, electricians, or business owners. Some are so giving that they are also military reserves as well. They are trained with the same classes as regular deputies. They are indispensable during emergency incidents where more manpower is needed such as wildfires, earthquakes, etc. since law enforcement has to deal with the incident AND still perform everyday law enforcement activities that are on-going despite the emergency incident. What have you done to give back to your community, Darn? Get educated before you post.
Well said. I agree 100%. People like "Darn" and "r u kidding" are probably both on welfare. Not only don't they give anything back to the community, they're probably the first ones to suck up our tax dollars. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Leo family. May he rest in peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Chosen Swallower 29,078
Nelson, Boyer, Santoro on top in early Glendora... 10 hr Oar house 19
Students Find Teacher Hanging From Classroom Ce... 14 hr Red_Forman 18
Pastor charged with bigamy (Apr '10) 15 hr Tamela Lynn 24
Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) 18 hr Harbor area 43
Agents target industry helping Chinese women ha... Tue Who Guessed It 9
Cathy Torrez murder in 1994 (Jul '07) Tue JUSTICCATHY 10

Chino Hills News Video

Chino Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chino Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:35 am PST