Pedestrian killed in Chino Hills car ...

Pedestrian killed in Chino Hills car crash

There are 48 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 27, 2010, titled Pedestrian killed in Chino Hills car crash. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A 20-year-old Chino Hills man was struck by a car and killed Saturday. Jason Tennies was was walking west on Eucalyptus Avenue west of Chino Hills Parkway at 3:25 a.m. when a Nissan Pathfinder struck him, San Bernardino County coroner's officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rammy

Diamond Bar, CA

#45 Oct 1, 2010
Anyway who knew Jason would only say good things about him. Jason always had a smile on his face and was so kind to everyone. I remember when he was in the play It's a Wonderful Life. He played the big brother to my daughter. He was so good to her!! I know he was that way to many people. I just feel an emptiness to know that I will never see that smile, hear his witty comments, or enjoy his sense of humor. I know his family must be missing him terribly because he sure knew how to light up a room! He is someone I will never forget because he was the type of kid that leaves a mark on all those around him!! RIP Jason.
a family member

Carson, CA

#46 Oct 3, 2010
A note to the relative of the driver:
I was disappointed that your family member didn't come to Jason's farewell. I think it would have been helpful, and David explained the situation very well.

Enough rumors. Enough judging.

I hope that Jason's tragic death will help everyone he touched understand that this could happen to any of us. I hope that it will help open hearts to the plight of others, whatever troubles they may have.

How easy it is to say "I'd never do that" or to keep the tragedy at arm's length by believing Jason was different from you. Seeing how much he was like all of us can help us feel compassion for him and for ourselves.

All we have is each other.
Chino Hills Resident

La Puente, CA

#47 Oct 8, 2010
I guess it can happen to anyone at anytime. Sometimes people are just walking and have so much on their mind, they don't realize what they are doing. If you are really thinking about something and have a lot of things on your mind, YES, you can start crossing the street, not realizing that you could possibly get hit by a car.

I don't know Jason or his family or the driver but just maybe this poor guy had a lot on his mind and that's why he was out for a walk at 3:30 in the morning. Maybe he just had to clear his head. And maybe he just started to cross the steet without realizing it.

As a driver, it is very important to drive carefully and pay attention (I am not saying that this driver wasn't).

It's unfortunate and a terrible tragedy, god bless everyone who was involved or hurt from this accident. We pray for you!
Linda Tennies

Chino, CA

#48 Oct 26, 2010
I am Jason Tennies' mom and I want to clarify a few things. First, I would like to say how sorry I am to the driver. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I want everyone to know that our son was a wonderful person. He was a student, teacher,(taught math at Kumon)and a guitarist. He wrote beautiful music and was very creative. He was a very kind and gentle person.

He developed schizophrenia literally overnight. We brought him to 3 different physchologists and they all told us he was not a danger to himself or others. Five days later he was gone.

The Daily Bulletin will be printing an article that will clarify more questions. If you are angry- and we are, be angry at the disease. It affects one out of every hundred people. It strikes young men around 20.

Once again, I am so sorry for the pain of the driver. Please know our son had a disease, and would never have done this horrible thing if his brain was working properly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Linda Tennies
A neighbor

Indio, CA

#49 Nov 7, 2010
This story hits close to home. I live near Jason's family, but I do not know them. I have an 18 year old son, who is a musician and has struggled with mental health issues. My heart goes out to Jason's family and friends. People who have dealt with a child's mental health issues are the only ones that can have any semblance of an understanding of what the family has had to go through, up until Jason's passing. It makes parents feel totally helpless and, as a parent, you can feel like a failure because you can't help your own child.

As for Jason's tragic and untimely death, I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that must be on Jason's family, friends, the truck driver, and everyone that encountered this special kid. I'm a grown man and this story made me cry. I hope that Jason's family will find some peace and find happiness in all of the wonderful experiences that they had with Jason during his life.
JGreen

Chino, CA

#50 May 31, 2011
RIPJT wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel sorry for the driver???? Really!!!! Jason Tennies was a wonderful person! Nobody is saying that this is not a sad thing for the driver, but why not feel sorry for him. For what he was struggling with..for not feeling like he could get some help...for not knowing how much everyone truly loved him! Feel sorry for his family and friends!!!!! People need to stop being so god damn hypocritical when none of you even really know what happened!!!! Nobody was there and none of you were him so instead of criticizing be sympathetic! RIP my friend Jason...we all miss you already!
Yeah, it's somewhat sad what happened to THE GUY but I feel worse for the driver! Was the guy so messed up in the head that he didn't once think how him jumping in front of a random car might turn that Driver's life to crap and possibly scar him for life knowing that he ran someone down!? Seeing a tragic accident like this is enough to scare people away from driving for the rest of their lives, but to be the one to have hit the guy!? That is horrific! Truth be told, that fool who jumped out in front of the car chose a cowardly way out of life. And of all the ways one could (heaven forbid) commit suicide, he had to choose a way that would turn an Innocent man/woman's life Hell.

The bulk of my condolences go to the family of the driver.
JGreen

Chino, CA

#51 May 31, 2011
I now feel for both parties and their families...now that I learned that there was a disease involved.
Sorry for the above statement...I should have read the facts first before posting.

All the best to both families involved!
Linda Tennies

Moreno Valley, CA

#52 Aug 14, 2011
I am Linda Tennies, the mother of Jason Tennies,and once in a while I check the posts. Yes my heart goes out to the driver. And yes my beautiful son had schizophrenia ( a break that lasted five days) We took him to many mental facilities and psychologists in the five day period, but they all deemed him not to be a danger to himself or others. He was talking to the dead, the moon, and thought people were aliens. We had him drug tested - and the result were negative. After his death we had an autopsy down and toxocology reports - no sign of a tumor or drugs. Please know schizophrenia is a genetic disorder and usually occurs for men around 20. My husband and I have dedicated the rest of our lives on educating people regarding these disorders. We will never rest till people understand.
JGreen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's somewhat sad what happened to THE GUY but I feel worse for the driver! Was the guy so messed up in the head that he didn't once think how him jumping in front of a random car might turn that Driver's life to crap and possibly scar him for life knowing that he ran someone down!? Seeing a tragic accident like this is enough to scare people away from driving for the rest of their lives, but to be the one to have hit the guy!? That is horrific! Truth be told, that fool who jumped out in front of the car chose a cowardly way out of life. And of all the ways one could (heaven forbid) commit suicide, he had to choose a way that would turn an Innocent man/woman's life Hell.
The bulk of my condolences go to the family of the driver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 26 min LMAO phart 34,206
Dirty snapchat!! (Oct '16) 12 hr Imjustjuliieee 8
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 23 hr Duke 1,830
News Mana s body found inside refrigerator on Ontari... Sep 17 Jeannette 1
Fake Jewish con man Ari Crockett in my home! (Jan '12) Sep 13 Kal 24
News Water stock offered on Web (Jul '08) Sep 12 Nathan 11
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Sep 12 Madmother 121

Chino Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chino Hills Mortgages