Montebello's Broguiere's Declared Dairy Eggnog Tops for Holiday Season

Dec 19, 2009 Full story: blogs.ocweekly.com 7

Broguiere's, by contrast, didn't require any manual manipulation to reach serving consistency. It is very brightly yellow, the yellow of really amazing French toast dip (which idea, in fact, works amazingly well). By itself, it is much too thick; it went down like drinking cold custard. Thinned with a little milk, it was much better, though the milk did dilute the rich, eggy flavor. Where Broguiere's shone brightest, though, was with the addition of rum. It seems made for it, with the eggnog taking the sharp, alcoholic edge off the rum and the rum cutting across the overwhelming richness of the eggnog.

Read more

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Since: Sep 08

Montebello, CA

#1 Dec 19, 2009
My suggestion in thinning the eggnog would be to use regular or heavy cream in thinning it to a drinking consistency if you object to rum, as that doesn't seem to dilute the egg flavor so much.
ytw

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 19, 2009
Okay, this is a creepy coincidence! Last night I was at a family gathering and my sister was raving to our out of town relatives about this delicious eggnog she'd found in Montebello. She couldn't remember the name of the place where she'd bought it until we all figured out she was talking about Broguiere's!

She said it's really, REALLY rich but tastes wonderful. Now I'm going to have make sure I get a few cartons to take with me before heading out of town next week to celebrate Christmas with the family.

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#3 Dec 20, 2009
ytw wrote:
Okay, this is a creepy coincidence! Last night I was at a family gathering and my sister was raving to our out of town relatives about this delicious eggnog she'd found in Montebello. She couldn't remember the name of the place where she'd bought it until we all figured out she was talking about Broguiere's!
She said it's really, REALLY rich but tastes wonderful. Now I'm going to have make sure I get a few cartons to take with me before heading out of town next week to celebrate Christmas with the family.
I was reading your mind, ytw. Now stop thinking about that!
Gigi Fris

Encino, CA

#4 Dec 17, 2011
Hi my friend from out of town loves egg nog. Is it organic? What's the price point? Thanks, Gigi
theolona ranger

United States

#5 Dec 18, 2011
about as organic as you can get
maybe not sea salt, free range eggs and raw sugar but hand mixed the old fashioned way

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Montebello, CA

#6 Dec 18, 2011
Gigi Fris wrote:
Hi my friend from out of town loves egg nog. Is it organic? What's the price point? Thanks, Gigi
They have used locally grown ingredients in the past, but I don't know now. Remember, their style of egg nog is the kind that is made to be mixed with alcohol, milk, or some other liquid. It is VERY thick, and is difficult to drink by itself. It still is rated the best in California, and by some (Charlie Sheen being one of the most famous), in the USA.

Be sure to try the chocolate milk, too! It's also a Sheen recommended product.
Trash talk

United States

#7 Dec 19, 2011
Charlie Sheen thinks it goes better with Coke.
Huell Howser special is very informative

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 29,271
Jason Glenn Halverson 11 hr Andrea 1
Have such sink faucets unexpectedly? 16 hr Doris Kent 1
News Vans Fri CaliforniaGal 1
HorseThief Canyon, Is it really Haunted? (Dec '11) Fri Thom190 15
Anyone need some last minute labor today Fri Thom190 2
News West Covina: Jonathan Alexander Rudolph, 20 (Sep '09) Thu Margaret 3
Chino Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chino Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance