Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201811 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Spud romneys

Monrovia, CA

#160645 Sep 24, 2012
How many knees does it take to bring suds to his knees?

motherjones.com
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160646 Sep 24, 2012
When cornered, America's first African president tells my Homosexual and non-Homosexual friends and the lesbians that he "accepts full responsibility". At the same time, though, and apparently as a means of speaking to his fellow Africans in some kind of code, he continues to blame past White presidents for the failures of his economic and racial schemes. This, even though he has had almost a full term to correct those problems.

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160650 Sep 24, 2012
Judge Moniters wrote:
<quoted text>I am just curious, what about the Mexican, Jews, Asians, European, and Americans who support the Democratic party? What about the white Americans and old people, who are on welfare, social security, disability and are Republicans and part of the 47% and 90% who are dependent on corporations, big business or the government.
Judge Moniters.

You make a good point. When one takes to account all the clever ways the ruling political class has devised to "rebate" taxes and "entitlements", the 47% figure is obviously understated. Evidence is that after the Africans took control of the Government, they indebted the hard working minority of Americans who pay taxes with 10 $Trillions of debt beyond the outrageous amount of taxes they collect. The current Africanized economy is clearly unsustainable beyond the spending of previously accumulated wealth.

Ronald

Ronald
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#160651 Sep 24, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Moniters.
You make a good point. When one takes to account all the clever ways the ruling political class has devised to "rebate" taxes and "entitlements", the 47% figure is obviously understated. Evidence is that after the Africans took control of the Government, they indebted the hard working minority of Americans who pay taxes with 10 $Trillions of debt beyond the outrageous amount of taxes they collect. The current Africanized economy is clearly unsustainable beyond the spending of previously accumulated wealth.
Ronald
Ronald
George Bush was AFRICAN!!!?

BTW: I found a website you and your buddy "judge moniters" will enjoy: http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/home.asp

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#160652 Sep 24, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I agree, but I'm here in CA. so my only reason to vote are on the Prop's.
Yea, I know you're in California......so am I......and even the props aren't necessarily worth voting on!!!
Chain links

Monrovia, CA

#160656 Sep 24, 2012
Just four minutes, come on Willard Mitt Romney you can reply faster than that.

motherjones.com
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160657 Sep 24, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: I found a website you and your buddy "judge moniters" will enjoy: http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/home.asp
Frank Rizzo.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/8hrwhfh

Ronald
Willards a fake

Monrovia, CA

#160658 Sep 24, 2012
I can prove it, you see Willard Mitt Romeny moved his lips - a real LDSer wouldn't move them.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160659 Sep 24, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Rizzo.

Sorry. Re: post # 160657, source should have read:

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9dtnpw2

Ronald

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#160660 Sep 24, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>We now have the greatest foreign policy disaster in American history.
And the obsequious media focuses instead on Mitt Romney's words at a private fundraiser, not the president's.
Remember Obama's obsequious speeches in Cairo and Istanbul in the spring of 2009? Do you remember what he said to the Arab world? How he appealed to the politicians and the so-called "intellectuals" in the Arab Muslim world?
How Obama came up with lies about Arab enlightenment while Europe was supposedly in the "dark ages"?
There was no enlightenment in the Arab world in that time.
How about the contemporary Arab world, where women are abused and homosexuals are killed? What about the death of intellectualism? The lessening and cheapening of human life?
Look at the Arab world's barbaric legal codes, the marriage of children, the economic practices at every level of Muslim society.
None of this was mentioned by Obama in 2009.
Instead he flattered them. He made up important Islamic contributions to America and to the world we live in.
The fact is: Obama made a disgrace of himself and cheapened America in the Muslim world.
And it's come home to roost.
Fun facts:
While Europe was mired in the Dark Ages, Islamic intellectualism was busy inventing things like medicine and algebra, and sharing sublime poetry. This was the result of the free flow of ideas across the length and breadth of the Islamic world. Europe didn't really catch up until the 18th century.
Of course, once we did catch up, we also quickly surpassed them, as by this time, the Islamic world lost any advantage it once had and eventually sank into the barbarism that characterizes it today.

#160661 Sep 24, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that christian love Arizona is famous for!
And on that note... did you hear about the diabetic woman who died in an Arizona jail after being told to "suck it up"? Sick to the point of vomiting all over herself, she slipped into a coma. By the time anyone bothered to take her to a hospital, she was deep in a diabetic coma from which she never recovered.

#160662 Sep 24, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Separation of church and state DOES exist in the Constitution. First Amendment.
Don't ask for an exact quote, because if you're going to play the "exact quote" game, there is no "right to own a gun" either.
And the fact there isn't a requirement that you be born in the US to be president hasn't slowed the birthers down any.
One could argue that the right to own a gun is merely a substitution of equivalent words for the right to keep and bear arms. After all, The only way to keep the weapon is to own it. Otherwise, the gun shop is going to demand it back...
;)

#160663 Sep 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so confused. Never read Vattel have you? The founders did, and so has the SCOTUS.
"Vattel, who, though not very full to this point, is more explicit and more satisfactory on it than any other whose work has fallen into my hands, says
"The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights."- The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)
Like I said Rose, go study, you need it- a LOT!!
I am a bit behind is reading all of these posts, so this may have already been said, but you just proved Rose's point...

"those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights."

Of course, the correct language now would be "...condition of their parents...", since mothers have the same rights as the fathers.

Since: Aug 12

Dickson, TN

#160664 Sep 24, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>What would you do if one of your kids turns out to be gay?
what if they already are ?lol Idk why would it matter they are babies and I'd probably not mind my girl being with a man

Dickson, TN

#160665 Sep 24, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does.
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:" Isaiah 40:22
A circle is flat. And the heavens are in no way like a curtain, they virtually 100% empty space. But I am willing to let that one go, poetic license...

However, at one point Satan takes Jesus to the top of a mountain and shows him *all* the kingdoms of earth. That would only be possible if the earth is flat.
Pangea

#160666 Sep 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE in the CONSTITUTION..
It was a fabrication of the SCOTUS in 1961.
But I do like your nonsense, that somehow the very men who drafted the document violated it because they didn't comprehend its meaning until the SCOTUS figured it out in 1961.
You're a moron.
Liar. The actual phrase comes from Thomas Jefferson, writing to reassure a Baptist church that the government was not going to interfere in their rituals and superstitions.n His exact phrase was "...a wall of separation between church and state...", so it looks like SCOTUS was merely enacting the will of the men who drafted that document rather belatedly.

For that matter, 1961 was most certainly NOT the first time that such separation was required by SCOTUS.

Dickson, TN

#160667 Sep 24, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
<quoted text>what if they already are ?lol Idk why would it matter they are babies and I'd probably not mind my girl being with a man
*not being

Dickson, TN

#160668 Sep 24, 2012
I'm more worried about my children being free thinking self expressing artist then who they have sex with . If my son was a homeless drunk hetero I would be sad if he was a gay folk singer I would be proud if he was a bisexual homeless drunk Folk singer I wouldn't know what to think

#160669 Sep 24, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant be that stupid, your lifestyle and mine are like day and night, your cult wants to teach the gay lifestyle in public schools, that's just the start of more waste to come, we will all be better off if you just live your lives the way you have been, I don't have a problem with that. It is you gays that always feel victimized
Well, since some of those children are gay, they NEED to be taught that what they are (or will be) feeling is just as natural as what anyone else in their class is feeling. Then too, some of those kids may be in a family with two dads or two moms, and their classmates need to understand that there are some families that are like that, just like some families have a mom, a step-dad, a dad and a step-mom. Or one parent and a grandparent. Or only one parent. Or no parents, but grandparents. Or parents, grandparents and a random assortment of a few uncles, aunts, and cousins all in one house.

#160670 Sep 24, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Pangea
Pangaea broke up LONG before humans evolved...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake Jewish con man Ari Crockett in my home! (Jan '12) 1 hr Ben 15
Local Politics Do you approve of Dennis R. Yates as Mayor? 19 hr smellyballs 2
News Mother arrested after 2-year-old son is found b... (Dec '07) Thu Bree 8
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,767
Shooting in Cherryville!!!!! (Apr '07) Wed lilsexy2u 328
southern California drought Wed Hollywood 2
News Shooting suspect found dead inside home near Co... (Jan '10) Wed jean WH 13
More from around the web

Chino Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]