Ticks on the rise in Chino Hills Stat...

Ticks on the rise in Chino Hills State Park

There are 6 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Ticks on the rise in Chino Hills State Park. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

There's an unusually large population of bloodsucking ticks in Chino Hills State Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

Rick Blakley

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2010
I don't know what "rural parts of the Park" means exactly, but I have this weekend (April 2) and last hiked 15 miles each time through deep grass (up to 24" tall) wearing shorts and have picked up no ticks. In fact, I have hiked many dozens of times in the Park over the years and have picked up no more than three ticks in all that time. So I'd really like to know where these infestations are located because I personally have seen no evidence for them. I've encountered more rattlesnakes than I have ticks!
tickman

Chino Hills, CA

#2 Apr 2, 2010
now thats just nasty, reminds me of los angeles
Sharon Ramirez

Ontario, CA

#3 Jun 19, 2011
My husband and I just hiked Sidewinder to Lower Aliso to the equestrian center and back on Bane Ridge. There were TICKS on Sidewinder. We sat down at the equestrian center for a couple of minutes and had several ticks on us immediately. When we got home we found 5 ticks on me and 3 on my husband. I washed our clothes and found more dead ticks. Yuck!!! We too have hiked the park many, many times and never encountered anything like this before.
Olivia

Placentia, CA

#4 May 28, 2012
We just went hiking with our dogs today and they got ticks and I got a tick. There are tons of them. Be careful and make sure you do an inspection!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#5 May 29, 2012
Natural fires that fire fighters wrongfully keep extinguishing are natures way of controlling ticks by eliminating and keeping lower brush and high grass from harboring them. I think maybe you need to start doing control burns where ever and when ever possible. In the damp fall and winter when the grass has lost its full body, its potential to burn hot. When winds are more capable of dispersing the smoke.
It is working here for us in the Butte county aria.
TAC

Yorba Linda, CA

#6 Jul 14, 2012
I went today and my dog snuck his face into a small bare bush and came out with 15-20 ticks on his face. He was in there for less than 1 second before I pulled him out. We were able to get the ticks off of him but I noticed one on myself later. The ticks are not only in the brush they are all over the ground

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,779
News Alta Loma High School teacher found dead on New... (Jan '10) 11 hr haaam 250
Adelanto elementary school teacher arrested in ... 15 hr karen ball 1
News Michael Jackson's Onetime Neverland Lists for $... 16 hr Octopus 2
News Ontario woman to stand trial in husband's slaying (Dec '08) 17 hr so saddened by th... 161
News Maternity tourism websites target pregnant Chin... Mon PeanutButtercup 2
Barnes & Noble Bookstore Sun PeanutButtercup 1
More from around the web

Chino Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]