Murphey: Red Tails spotlight men of a...

Murphey: Red Tails spotlight men of action and magnificent machines

There are 1 comment on the Star-Telegram.com story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Murphey: Red Tails spotlight men of action and magnificent machines. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

Taking the basic fact that long before the civil rights movement, black Americans successfully fought the Luftwaffe in the skies over Europe, it is amazing that the story of these airmen has taken 67 years to reach the screen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

FYI

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 12, 2012
Machine guns are machines too!

CENSORED HISTORY: Black soldiers machine gunned their white officers at WWII airbase.

I reckon we may safely presume that Hollywood will NOT be making a movie, or even a tidy little "History" channel documentary about this late unpleasantness.

What happened at a WWII-era US airfield in Australia that was bad it prompted an emergency visit from US congressman Lyndon B Johnson?

In 1942, 600 black US soldiers were brought to Townsville in Queensland to build airstrips. Shortly after arriving, black soldiers seized control of machine guns and anti-aircraft weapons and began strafing the tents of their white officers.

http://cofcc.org/2012/02/censored-history-bla...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 min Art Decco Man 35,367
AMF Ontario Lanes is new located at 3866 E. Fou... 16 hr AMF BOWLING ONTAR... 40
News Little 'Ladies' online pose a lot of questions (May '10) Sat Let It Snow 40
OmniGo Chino Hills: Omnitrans Bus Route 365 Jan 17 OMNIGO 365 Chino ... 1
Omnitrans Bus Route 82: Rancho Cucamonga - Font... Jan 17 OMNITRANS ROUTE 82 1
Omnitrans Bus Route 67: Chaffey College - Basel... Jan 17 OMNITRANS ROUTE 67 1
Omnitrans Bus Route 84: Chino - Mountain Ave - ... Jan 17 OMNITRANS ROUTE 84 1

Chino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chino Mortgages