United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9601 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Beloved

Chesapeake, VA

#4600 Mar 30, 2013
Eyes on Christ,

I think one thing that is easily forgotten is that when you have been raised somewhere from birth or have been taught something all your life, it is very difficult to accept that that is not the truth. It is all youíve known and all youíve heard. It has become your mindset. Add to that your family and all other relationship and pretty much your whole life as you know it residing within that same framework, and it is humanly almost impossible to change that thinking. Praise God He can. Thatís why prayer is so important. There is a place for debate, and I am grateful there is, but God is the one that can let the scales fall of our eyes the best.

In a cult-like setting God does that in my experience often by people getting hurt, disappointed or disillusioned, or seeing their loved ones go through something difficult within that cult-like environment, which starts them to question things. Attacking or trying to convince the members by arguing, or denigrating them for believing something that is so blatantly wrong and obvious to us, will often only make them more determined to defend what they've been taught.

As far as the Lord never dwelling in sinful territory, I would say that the Lord never dwelled in territory where sinful practices are condoned. I think this is probably what you meant as well. We are all sinners, and need Jesus every day. 1 John 1:9 states ďIf we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness,Ē so He can continue to dwell with us. But we cannot ignore sin, cover it up, or take it lightly and continue in it or act as if itís not all that bad.
Praise the Lord, He is the Lamb that was slain, and He is risen!
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4601 Mar 31, 2013
Beloved,
You hit it on the nail.and yes...that it's.exactly
what I meant. Jesus has died and is the first to be resurrected without any sin. He is the example of how to live our lives.

All my life as a House of Prayer member, I rarely indulged in Bible reading. In order to understand what God wants from us as humans is to READ THE SCRIPTURES (not yelling, just emphasizing). Bibles were so rare in the House of Prayer that they were rarely found in the sanctuaries for quick grabs. When you really concentrate on how service is conducted, nobody expects the Bible to be used so when a preacher decides to actually address a scripture by asking the congregants to open their Bible to the verse, most members sit there looking at him; unprepared because opening the Bible is unexpected. Sad to admit, but the bishops never encouraged it either. I disagree with the bishops many visits when they do not take the time out to ask the members to pull out their Bibles and teach it to them. Which makes them mere talkers and not teachers....it has destroyed many souls. I would like to point out that this past Friday in Spartanburg, SC Bishop Bailey pointed out Jeremiah 7:28 and explained it something like this.....God took the truth away and Jesus brought the truth back. I may be somewhat off with his explanation of that verse , but it was explained some where in these terms. However it maybe, that was incorrect.....in studying the book/ CHAPTER ( again, just emphasizing) God simply stated to Jeremiah that the people sins have multiplied further and further away from the truth, and now their sacrifices and pleads mean nothing to God. He wants us to know the truth and practice it. He wont just take it away. He desires humans interest in the truth. It was the peoples ongoing decision over generations to part from His ways. Bishop Baileys explanation was another form of misleading (not.saying purposely), scare tactic, and proof of not studying. I pray that Bishop.Bailey changes his mind and heart about how this journey really should be. The bishop should be studying with his councilmen who should study with the pastors who should study with the elders who should teach the members scriptures correctly and show them how to study full stories and chapters fir understanding. Everyone gss to study Gods word. No one person is given the word..it has to be studied. And Jehovah....Yahweh is so PRECIOUS and good that He will give it to anyone who continues to sincerely search for the TRUTH.
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4602 Mar 31, 2013
Sorry for the many errors. Swyping by phone can be challenging.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4603 Mar 31, 2013
@silver &gold and any other hop believer. How can you justify the hop traditions when you do not know your history? Your own hop history? How can you say your right when you have never experienced anything else? It is imposiible to be objective and you have nothing to compare your faith too. Question for the whole page. Did you know that McCollough was Grace biological son? Did you know that apostle lattisaw is mcCollough illegitimate son? These are facts and I am sure you will refuse to believe this. Btw I'm sure as a hop member you were told that daddy grace had one son and he died. However it is known that daddy grace had at least 60 children whom many are still living today. Some attend hop events. Did you know these things? I'm almost sure cultastic did, btw nice manual script.

Location hidden

#4604 Mar 31, 2013
At eyes on Christ. Bailey wll never teach the truth, because the true gospel will reduce the financial program drastically. His methods is to scare you into doing what he want you to do. God is love wisdom and understanding. He is not so complicated. Understand the more you are at the hop the less you are away with your family. Even when you go to the hop as a family it is not encouraged for husbands and wives to sit together. Mainly because it is encouraged for married people to seek out others to have sex. And there is no boundaries, wives will sleep with the husbands band friends and like wise for the men. It is a true den of thieves. Councilmen are sleeping with one another, that's abomination. Please as hop member, tell me how can you defend that? When bailey was asked by me what is it we do for the people his answer to me was God put the house of prayer in the poor neighborhoods so that the poor people could be bless when they walk or drive by. What a load of shit. So I asked well can the poor come in and get a free meal. He says I'm sure someone might buy them something. So because he is close to me...I told him he was full of shit. Yes I did... And he laughed for those of you who want to know what he said to me.
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4605 Mar 31, 2013
One man leadership wrote:
At eyes on Christ. Bailey wll never teach the truth, because the true gospel will reduce the financial program drastically. His methods is to scare you into doing what he want you to do. God is love wisdom and understanding. He is not so complicated. Understand the more you are at the hop the less you are away with your family. Even when you go to the hop as a family it is not encouraged for husbands and wives to sit together. Mainly because it is encouraged for married people to seek out others to have sex. And there is no boundaries, wives will sleep with the husbands band friends and like wise for the men. It is a true den of thieves. Councilmen are sleeping with one another, that's abomination. Please as hop member, tell me how can you defend that? When bailey was asked by me what is it we do for the people his answer to me was God put the house of prayer in the poor neighborhoods so that the poor people could be bless when they walk or drive by. What a load of shit. So I asked well can the poor come in and get a free meal. He says I'm sure someone might buy them something. So because he is close to me...I told him he was full of shit. Yes I did... And he laughed for those of you who want to know what he said to men.
Interesting! He seriously laughed? Out of curiosity, close to you in what way......family, friends, pastoring?
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4606 Mar 31, 2013
@One Man Leadership,

The reason I asked about your close relationship to him is because I recently heard of another casual conversation that the bishop had with a member. This goes to leaning an understanding for the "House of Prayer or no prayer" members that "Daddy" is a straight up man with as many human tendencies and errors as the next person. He can't get to the level of Jesus purity and love especially if he refuses to give up receiving honor, praises, and money from people. Jesus was humble in all his ways. Luke 22:24-27 simply put......Jesus explained the one with the most authority should act like the least; be of service to others so others can learn and do the same for one another. Bishop should be giving others drinks of water, visiting the sick, helping the old lady acroes the street, getting out of the chair and teaching little children without taking money from them. He is a man who shoukd nit be worshipped or name used to seek to be saved. Satan is having a ball watching confused worshippers calling a mans name to be saved. What a slap jn the face of the real and true Holy One.

Location hidden

#4607 Apr 1, 2013
Fam...
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting! He seriously laughed? Out of curiosity, close to you in what way......family, friends, pastoring?

Location hidden

#4608 Apr 1, 2013
I totally agree. It's a shame that people are fooled. I will say this he is not alone The house of prayer is not the only one. Jakes have also went on record accepting the name daddy as a org name as well. Modern day worship is a lucrative business. Remember this if the road to heaven be straight and narrow and the road hell is wide and broad. Surely riches in the name of God is not on the straight and narrow path.
Eyes on Christ wrote:
@One Man Leadership,
The reason I asked about your close relationship to him is because I recently heard of another casual conversation that the bishop had with a member. This goes to leaning an understanding for the "House of Prayer or no prayer" members that "Daddy" is a straight up man with as many human tendencies and errors as the next person. He can't get to the level of Jesus purity and love especially if he refuses to give up receiving honor, praises, and money from people. Jesus was humble in all his ways. Luke 22:24-27 simply put......Jesus explained the one with the most authority should act like the least; be of service to others so others can learn and do the same for one another. Bishop should be giving others drinks of water, visiting the sick, helping the old lady acroes the street, getting out of the chair and teaching little children without taking money from them. He is a man who shoukd nit be worshipped or name used to seek to be saved. Satan is having a ball watching confused worshippers calling a mans name to be saved. What a slap jn the face of the real and true Holy One.
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4609 Apr 1, 2013
Fam...<quoted text>
Ok. Although, I already know the answer...but for the sake of many others reading this blog.......
With what you know about your family member (bishop) past and present....would you serve him, seek his name, consider him as a master, refer to him as the master with the key, doctor in the sick room, lawyer in the court room? Should he be judging the amount of money that members give him by placing them in a public compromising position stating if they beat others or not even in his love gift to him (greed manipulation)?.etc? You know how the system work.
Matthew 23:9 states do not call anyone on earth Father, for you have one Father and He is in Heaven. Which means not to elevate, look up to no other man that places him in the place of our Heavenly father.-----Jesus gave concise instructions, but it seem like the HOP keeps making their own. One more thing Ive learned and want to share....the letter from the Daddies was all unnecessary! Here's why? Recall the answer in Revelations 22:18-19. Now, are the letters revelant or official? What about the HOP Bibles that were sold approx 12 years ago for $40? I got ripped off..my Bible fell apart in less than a year. The HOP business is going to be exactly what it is....a business. Anyhow, the boyfriend to the world (Daddy Grace).started that letter trend to make his congregations feel like he was a real leader and in control when all he needed to do was refer them to Gods inspired Book. Makes you wonder...is God inspired Words not enough so you have to go and alter, add to it? Naw!!!! Not to me. Gods Word is great and is enough for me! He covered everything!!!!
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4610 Apr 1, 2013
I totally agree. It's a shame that people are fooled. I will say this he is not alone The house of prayer is not the only one. Jakes have also went on record accepting the name daddy as a org name as well. Modern day worship is a lucrative business. Remember this if the road to heaven be straight and narrow and the road hell is wide and broad. Surely riches in the name of God is not on the straight and narrow path. <quoted text>
So true!

Location hidden

#4611 Apr 1, 2013
No I do not follow him. I will say for the most part that the hop had a good blueprint for being a strong religious organization, but like daddy grace son told me He let the fame and glitz go to his head so he became intoxicated with the praise of the people. His predecessor did little to change it but Madison did try to reduce the significance of daddy by saying it only meant he was a servant of God. Of course before this daddy grace was suppose to be God and McCollough was like Santa Claus. People believe he knew when you were bad or good. I know better now, I will not take from the three previous bishops as they did more good than harm. Although they had vices and problem much like the folks of the bible.
And in order to understand grace and the beginning of the hop you must know a great deal of the industrial revolution period. You cannot judge a man by the standard you know of today but by the principles of his time. Having said that most modern day religions preachers, elders, and bishops have stolen more tha 60% of their methods from the hop. Again you must study religions to know this as the Hop has stolen 74%of it methods from the Catholic Church
Also know that the hop was not for poor black people in its original form. They just happen to fall prey by being ignorant and looking for hope for a better life. Remember in the days of grace "n-----" was still hanging from trees. The hop was a safe haven. There not one uhopfap that was ever bombed by the kkk and believe me if you have travelled below the mason Dixon line you would marvel at that as well seeing some of the locations of the churches. I'm just saying. However today hop produces very little good. Again that is my humble opinion.
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Although, I already know the answer...but for the sake of many others reading this blog.......
With what you know about your family member (bishop) past and present....would you serve him, seek his name, consider him as a master, refer to him as the master with the key, doctor in the sick room, lawyer in the court room? Should he be judging the amount of money that members give him by placing them in a public compromising position stating if they beat others or not even in his love gift to him (greed manipulation)?.etc? You know how the system work.
Matthew 23:9 states do not call anyone on earth Father, for you have one Father and He is in Heaven. Which means not to elevate, look up to no other man that places him in the place of our Heavenly father.-----Jesus gave concise instructions, but it seem like the HOP keeps making their own. One more thing Ive learned and want to share....the letter from the Daddies was all unnecessary! Here's why? Recall the answer in Revelations 22:18-19. Now, are the letters revelant or official? What about the HOP Bibles that were sold approx 12 years ago for $40? I got ripped off..my Bible fell apart in less than a year. The HOP business is going to be exactly what it is....a business. Anyhow, the boyfriend to the world (Daddy Grace).started that letter trend to make his congregations feel like he was a real leader and in control when all he needed to do was refer them to Gods inspired Book. Makes you wonder...is God inspired Words not enough so you have to go and alter, add to it? Naw!!!! Not to me. Gods Word is great and is enough for me! He covered everything!!!!

Location hidden

#4612 Apr 1, 2013
Most current hop members if not all, cannot tell you one physical, carnal, tangible thing that the hop has done for them. This is why one of bailey prominent guards was stealing the tithes. I can only think that he saw what was happening around him and he wanted a piece of the money

Now bailey told the councils members in Miami that he want his money. Now I have a question for hop members. If it is his money why do you say tithes is God's money unless you agree that he is God? Just saying!
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4613 Apr 1, 2013
Most current hop members if not all, cannot tell you one physical, carnal, tangible thing that the hop has done for them. This is why one of bailey prominent guards was stealing the tithes. I can only think that he saw what was happening around him and he wanted a piece of the money
Now bailey told the councils members in Miami that he want his money. Now I have a question for hop members. If it is his money why do you say tithes is God's money unless you agree that he is God? Just saying!
Well......there you have it! Most members heard him say things like this before, but fail to understand or use their logic. Instead, they get caught up in making their tongues move, and their body twitch. All the while, the big time people keep eyes on the money and you will never see them get "caught up"! They leave that up to the blind. Them tithes, G-class, love gift needs to be watched over. The blind don't notice.
My GOD is AWESOME

Alexandria, VA

#4614 Apr 1, 2013
U haters have nothing better to do than to hide behind e-mails and bad mouth the House of Prayer. Gossip is a SIN and is are a lot of devils on here. At the HOP we are all about Gods work! We do not worship DB nor does he allow us to! DB is saved by Gods power DIVINE and God moves and speaks through him. We are very proud to have such a God fearing, no-nonsense leader. By the way, service was AMAZING yesterday. I am still on CLOUD9. He got up just for me! He didn't get up for you all to be sitting at home on your wide bootys slandering the name of HIS HOUSE. May God continue to bless you all and Happy Easter!
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4615 Apr 1, 2013
My GOD is AWESOME wrote:
U haters have nothing better to do than to hide behind e-mails and bad mouth the House of Prayer. Gossip is a SIN and is are a lot of devils on here. At the HOP we are all about Gods work! We do not worship DB nor does he allow us to! DB is saved by Gods power DIVINE and God moves and speaks through him. We are very proud to have such aa God fearing, no-nonsense leader. By the way, service was AMAZING yesterday. I am still on CLOUD9. He got up just for me! He didn't get up for you all to be sitting at home on your wide bootys slandering the name of HIS HOUSE. May God continue to bless you all and Happy Easter!
Correction:
Let me help you straighten it out.......
Lies are sins. Gossip is completely different from sharing truths to help. If you do not want to learn what's really going on then remove yourself from the blog as no one intends to insult nor cause pain; but to reveal truths. Recalling Jesus asking us to go out and teach to everyone. Love also includes revealing that which is correct and not allowing your neighbors to live by false doctrine. However, Jesus did say if they don't reasonably accept, then walk away.

Location hidden

#4616 Apr 1, 2013
What is Gods work? What have you done that you can say is God's work?
My GOD is AWESOME wrote:
U haters have nothing better to do than to hide behind e-mails and bad mouth the House of Prayer. Gossip is a SIN and is are a lot of devils on here. At the HOP we are all about Gods work! We do not worship DB nor does he allow us to! DB is saved by Gods power DIVINE and God moves and speaks through him. We are very proud to have such a God fearing, no-nonsense leader. By the way, service was AMAZING yesterday. I am still on CLOUD9. He got up just for me! He didn't get up for you all to be sitting at home on your wide bootys slandering the name of HIS HOUSE. May God continue to bless you all and Happy Easter!
Eyes on Christ

Winter Park, FL

#4617 Apr 2, 2013
My GOD is AWESOME wrote:
You may not realize that your worshipping him, but there are many ways in which you show God that daddy means more to you than anything else....Remember, we are made in the image of God. The Almighty Great and Perfect One looks at you just giving Daddy EVERYTHING! This hurts Him to see humans that he blew breath into giving them life, blood, and His precious lamb ....His son....and watch people giving Daddy all your love, honor, and sacrifices.....

Heres just.a few things that Daddy Grace could have stopped but was too intrigued by the praises to do so:

1."Oh....sweet Daddy, how I love you...you have always beem so true..."

2. "Let every soul in the building stand and raise your right hand and say Lord...oh Lord....we thank you, and praise you for sweet....sweet DADDY...."

3. Let a Queen or Usher please come address the house: Let us all clap our glad hands for Precious Daddy......"

4. Before I call the first one on the program tonight, I must give honor to the one that is the savior in the land today...you can call him when you need him......I speak of no other....sweet, sweet.....sweet....and precious Daddy....."

5. "Tonight somebody is going to be saved. If you neef help, you dont have to search no more! Just look to the throne of Grace. Just look at him! Dont he look good...."

6. "Calling Dad, hes my rock! Callin Dad, he's my rock! Yes, he is my rock! Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy,.Daddy. I call Dad, hes my rock!"

7. "I thank and praise the Lord for Daddy" I thank Him and praise Him for.."

8. Lord!.Daddy, I thank ya!"

9. "Now, get down on your knees and call the name.....Say "Daddy!".Daddy! " Call him louder if you wasn't to be saved. Seekers should stay on their knees and call him! " Song:." Well...I rolled amd I rolled, rolled all night long. I rolled and I rolled until I found the Lord. My soul....could nit rest....." I said Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!..Daddy all night long! Daddy, Daddy, Daddy....until I found the Lord..."

10. "And...in Jesus I pray and through and by precious Daddy Bailey. Amen

Note: Im not picking at anyone for this has been my life too. I love my family and friends so much. Im hoping something clicks for understanding.

I post this helps someone to consider changing up their praises a bit. I also hope and pray Bishop Bailey heart is touched to transition the members to worship God in all things through the name of Jesus as the Good Book states.

Location hidden

#4618 Apr 2, 2013
Wow...enough said. Great job! There is not hating in this. This is the matrix. It is clear why some folks don't want to be awaken after they have spent their entire life being aloof. But these writings hurt because their eyes have never read the truth. And they come back to this post because they know this to be true. But they fight it because they don't want to realize they have been brainwashed. But it's ok. God will forgive you. Just praise Yahweh. And not daddy. Understand that when you call on the name daddy you have broken the first commandment.
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not realize that your worshipping him, but there are many ways in which you show God that daddy means more to you than anything else....Remember, we are made in the image of God. The Almighty Great and Perfect One looks at you just giving Daddy EVERYTHING! This hurts Him to see humans that he blew breath into giving them life, blood, and His precious lamb ....His son....and watch people giving Daddy all your love, honor, and sacrifices.....
Heres just.a few things that Daddy Grace could have stopped but was too intrigued by the praises to do so:
1."Oh....sweet Daddy, how I love you...you have always beem so true..."
2. "Let every soul in the building stand and raise your right hand and say Lord...oh Lord....we thank you, and praise you for sweet....sweet DADDY...."
3. Let a Queen or Usher please come address the house: Let us all clap our glad hands for Precious Daddy......"
4. Before I call the first one on the program tonight, I must give honor to the one that is the savior in the land today...you can call him when you need him......I speak of no other....sweet, sweet.....sweet....and precious Daddy....."
5. "Tonight somebody is going to be saved. If you neef help, you dont have to search no more! Just look to the throne of Grace. Just look at him! Dont he look good...."
6. "Calling Dad, hes my rock! Callin Dad, he's my rock! Yes, he is my rock! Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy,.Daddy. I call Dad, hes my rock!"
7. "I thank and praise the Lord for Daddy" I thank Him and praise Him for.."
8. Lord!.Daddy, I thank ya!"
9. "Now, get down on your knees and call the name.....Say "Daddy!".Daddy! " Call him louder if you wasn't to be saved. Seekers should stay on their knees and call him! " Song:." Well...I rolled amd I rolled, rolled all night long. I rolled and I rolled until I found the Lord. My soul....could nit rest....." I said Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!..Daddy all night long! Daddy, Daddy, Daddy....until I found the Lord..."
10. "And...in Jesus I pray and through and by precious Daddy Bailey. Amen
Note: Im not picking at anyone for this has been my life too. I love my family and friends so much. Im hoping something clicks for understanding.
I post this helps someone to consider changing up their praises a bit. I also hope and pray Bishop Bailey heart is touched to transition the members to worship God in all things through the name of Jesus as the Good Book states.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4619 Apr 2, 2013
Beloved wrote:
PS. Gee-Tee, and others, I am truly very sorry for the sexual abuse that happened to you. And Cultastic, my condolences for the passing of your mother.
I appreciate your kinds words. Thank you for the wisdom in your posts. Brilliant

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul 25 Musikologist 21
Debate: Gay Marriage - Salisbury, NC (Jul '10) Jul 24 tHOMA5 60
Haunted by the scars on Erica Lynn Parsonsí sca... (Oct '13) Jul 22 glasses needed 27
Debate: Marijuana - Salisbury, NC (Aug '10) Jul 4 Bobb 19
cute black chick in east spencer that lives abo... (Feb '13) Jul 4 Tony Miles 2
Faith Music Thread (Nov '14) Jun 30 Musikologist 2
Cleaning job Jun '15 Lorie Pyrtle 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

China Grove Mortgages