Freed man convicted of murder

Freed man convicted of murder

There are 2 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 19, 2007, titled Freed man convicted of murder. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A man who spent 18 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit was convicted Sunday of murdering a photographer, whose charred bones were found in a burn pit outside his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Thanks INNOCENCE PROJECT

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 19, 2007
From 2005

Keith Findley, director of the Wisconsin Innocence Project, which represented Avery, and another member of the task force, also spoke in favor of the bill, on behalf of the State Bar Criminal Law Section.

Findley noted that, nationwide, there have been 162 convictions overturned because of DNA evidence, although there is no way to know how many innocent people are in prison.

Noting that 25 percent of sexual assault suspects today are excluded by DNA evidence, Findley stated that, in cases without DNA, 25 percent of suspects are likely innocent as well.

http://www.wislawjournal.com/archive/2005/091...
mandah

Beaver Dam, WI

#2 Sep 19, 2011
Okay steven avery is innocent of all charges. There was evidence once again planted on him. I sat in jail with him, and he is a very caring guy we had long talks in jail. For a matter of fact steven avery was not even at the junk yard when he supposly murder theressa. His brother earl, his nephews, brenden, bobby and blaine, played the major roles in it. I think that there should have been a little more investigation going on with them. And honestly I know steven out of jail it he would never do something like this. People really need to ask themselves why would an innocent man just get out of prision for sitting 18 years for a crime that he didnt commit go and do something so stupid. Steven Avery is innocent once again. He is getting the raw end of this once again. Hold your head up Steven there are alot of people who believe that you didnt do anything. Its just people hating. Dont let people get to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our nurses near you (May '17) May '17 facebook surfer 1
News Plea deal for two in glued penis case (Dec '09) Jan '17 Captain Phartington 41
New German Heritage Book by Sherwood Native (Jan '17) Jan '17 Marilyn 1
News Men charged in theft of 90 big-screen TVs (Sep '08) Oct '16 nemesis 2
News 'Making a Murderer' probes a true-crime puzzler (Dec '15) May '16 Faylinn Byrne 13
News Night for Women event planned in Chilton Oct. 16 (Oct '07) Sep '13 Emanuel 3
News Paranormal activity investigated at Chilton's C... (Apr '10) Sep '13 Breanna 4

Chilton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chilton Mortgages