Man Freed by DNA Found Guilty in Slaying

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 19, 2007, titled Man Freed by DNA Found Guilty in Slaying. In it, Newsday reports that:

Lawyers for a man who spent 18 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit say he has been wrongly convicted for a second time, this time in the murder of a photographer whose charred bones were found in a burn ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Juice

Patchogue, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2007
Doesn't he have a free pass coming afte the last case?
John

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2007
Do you mean something like a "get out of jail free card" in the board game Monopoly?
Huh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Mar 19, 2007
A free pass for what? TO MURDER?
Huh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Mar 19, 2007
And, to suggest that the police planted the DNA and moved bones without any evidence is criminal. The nephew even admitted to helping the Uncle murder the girl, but of course recanted. The murderer should get the death penalty and the attorney should be disbarred.
John

United States

#6 Mar 19, 2007
Rayver wrote:
Hey V.P. dick cheny got a free pass. DID he not?
What are you referring to?
Brett

Madison, WI

#7 Mar 19, 2007
Huh wrote:
And, to suggest that the police planted the DNA and moved bones without any evidence is criminal. The nephew even admitted to helping the Uncle murder the girl, but of course recanted. The murderer should get the death penalty and the attorney should be disbarred.
That's implying every attorney that defends someone should be disbarred. He will win his appeal. The Judge was inept in this case. You can't rely on the nephew because he has no brain matter. Once again Avery will be back in court sooner than you may think!
HUH

AOL

#8 Mar 19, 2007
Brett wrote:
<quoted text>
That's implying every attorney that defends someone should be disbarred. He will win his appeal. The Judge was inept in this case. You can't rely on the nephew because he has no brain matter. Once again Avery will be back in court sooner than you may think!
"The lawyers claimed the blood came from an unsecured vial from Avery's appeals in the rape case. They also claimed the bones were moved to where they were found."
THIS QUITE AN ALLEGATION. THAT IS WHY I SAY WITHOUT PROOF, TO MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT IS CRIMINAL.1234
Brett

Madison, WI

#9 Mar 20, 2007
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>
"The lawyers claimed the blood came from an unsecured vial from Avery's appeals in the rape case. They also claimed the bones were moved to where they were found."
THIS QUITE AN ALLEGATION. THAT IS WHY I SAY WITHOUT PROOF, TO MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT IS CRIMINAL.1234
When he gets his appeal, the vial of blood will once again be tested along with the blood in the vehicle for ETNA. The Judge should of just let the defense test it and that would of been the end of it. There will be other things that will come out in his appeal! There is nothing criminal about making such a statement. 12345!!!!!!!
John

United States

#11 Mar 20, 2007
CCa wrote:
<quoted text>I am refering to when cheny shot a friend in the FACE while hunting for quails one day. His friend died.
Are you talking about Harry Whittington; when did he die?

Since: Mar 07

United States

#12 Mar 20, 2007
CCa wrote:
<quoted text>I am refering to when cheny shot a friend in the FACE while hunting for quails one day. His friend died.
You sir, are an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paperback version of novel by Doug Bornemann ju... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Marilyn 1
Debut novel by Stockbridge native Doug Bornemann (Jul '14) Jul '14 Marilyn 1
News Congressmen Ribble, Pocan team up in push for m... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rodger Cone 1
News Night for Women event planned in Chilton Oct. 16 (Oct '07) Sep '13 Emanuel 3
News Paranormal activity investigated at Chilton's C... (Apr '10) Sep '13 Breanna 4
News James Pittmon of Appleton charged with sexual a... (Feb '11) Jan '13 yall wrong 12
News Former New Holstein school administrator Nelson... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Reezer81 1
More from around the web

Chilton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]