The Bum on bridge street army clothes...
wow

Chillicothe, OH

#21 May 2, 2012
CrazyPreacherMan1977 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the guy your talking about. He is a legit Vet but is not all there in the head anymore. Ill share the man of his dignity by not sharing his name but a few years ago his wife passed away and then his 2nd wife left him for a scumbag that beat on her that was also slow. This is not the same guy from Portsmouth as seen on TV but if hes staying with "CRACKHEAD Crystal" Ratcliff off and on then thats why hes still out there because shes filling his head with crap and hes more worried about her kids and we need to get the info on where this user is staying because not only is she taking advantage of a SR Citizen which hes close to 65 but also a disabled vet and i want to have these users put in their right place.
You hit it on the nail he is staying with Crystal Ratcliff and Greg ward.
does not like crackheads

Chillicothe, OH

#22 May 3, 2012
Try 376 clay st thats where crystals mom lives
Megan

Chillicothe, OH

#23 May 3, 2012
does not like crackheads wrote:
Try 376 clay st thats where crystals mom lives
Thats where i used to see him at before i moved.
just not right

Van Wert, OH

#24 May 4, 2012
Portsmouth news ran a story on this same man, he "operates" from Portsmouth to Circleville.
If it is not the same man that was pictured buying the big flat screen, they must be twins.
Law enforcement has been called to HIS RESIDENCE just outside Portsmouth two times in the past several years.
He has lived there and used that same address for nine years, that is where he receives his pension and other benefits.
Someone stole scrap metal out of his yard while he was away panhandling.
I don't mind at all helping out anyone when they really need it.
Neither will I be taken for a fool by donating my money to someone that is lying to get it.
His latest sign "anything will help", try buying him some hot food, he won't take it, he wants your cash (been there and done that before the story broke).
I happened to be leaving Walmart one evening, he was counting his "take" for the day, the wad of cash was unbelievable.
does not like crackheads

Chillicothe, OH

#25 May 4, 2012
I know this guy he been living here in chillicothe for about 30 years if not longer
steve

Chillicothe, OH

#26 May 4, 2012
I would like to see them do some news on him.
better view

Chillicothe, OH

#27 May 4, 2012
Mark wrote:
The Bum on bridge street in the army clothes my uncle gave him $500 Dollars figered he would be set for a few days and leave. Because my uncle was in the war and felt bad for him. So he gave him $500 and the guy still stayed didn't leave.. Was also there the next day. He is just scaming people trying to make people feel sorry for him..... HE IS JUST ONE BIG SCAM. PS Then a friend followed him and he has a house! But he says he lives in the woods! People like that makes me sick because their are people that really needs help and people like him ruins it for others that needs help. He has been out there for 2 years now also found out latter he gets 2 checks every month.
This guys name is George, I think. He not only draws Social Security, but he also gets a VA Pension. The VA has talked to him about his "bumming", but he continues to do it. He is not homeless and is taking advantage of people's charity. He probably makes more that my spouse and I do monthly and we would never dream of asking for charity.
better view

Chillicothe, OH

#28 May 4, 2012
just not right wrote:
Portsmouth news ran a story on this same man, he "operates" from Portsmouth to Circleville.
If it is not the same man that was pictured buying the big flat screen, they must be twins.
Law enforcement has been called to HIS RESIDENCE just outside Portsmouth two times in the past several years.
He has lived there and used that same address for nine years, that is where he receives his pension and other benefits.
Neither will I be taken for a fool by donating my money to someone that is lying to get it.
His latest sign "anything will help", try buying him some hot food, he won't take it, he wants your cash (been there and done that before the story broke).
I happened to be leaving Walmart one evening, he was counting his "take" for the day, the wad of cash was unbelievable.
I too, have seen this army bum at Walmart, at the Subway, with a wad of cash. He is not homeless, and he is not the same man they did the story on in the Portsmouth paper. This guy is local...dated my husbands aunt
Nick

Chillicothe, OH

#29 May 6, 2012
They should run a story on him Crystal Ratcliff and Greg Ward. I always though that was against the Law to scam people. The Police can do something about it if they wanted to. I would like to see all of them on the news for scaming people for two whole years.

Since: May 12

Chillicothe, OH

#30 May 7, 2012
just not right wrote:
This man is not from Portsmouth this is a totally diffrent guy that was on the news. He hasnt drove a car in over 7 yrs but something needs to be done for his safety
nate

Chillicothe, OH

#31 May 11, 2012
I seen him a while back and i told him that i was going to give him 10 dollars if he could break a $100.... So guess what he was going to do it and i didnt give it to him.... If he couldnt break it i was going to give him ten dollars....
christina

Chillicothe, OH

#32 Jun 21, 2012
The bum in army fatigues is a piece of sh-t.Yes he stays with Crystal"crackwhore"R atliff,he has also been investigated for child molestation against her kids. But of course Crystal did nothing to help because that would take away from her drug fund.Crystal,Gregg and the bum need to be locked up.I hate people who are nothing but a stain on society.WAKE UP. GET A JOB. And get a freaking life.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#33 Jun 21, 2012
just not right wrote:
Its not tha same guy. Its a different one.
scum

Elyria, OH

#34 Jun 21, 2012
His newest sign says Legally Blind and he wears dark sunglasses. When I see him I always want to roll the window down and say something snotty, but why waste my breath Or hard earned $ on such scum.
should

Lancaster, OH

#35 Jun 22, 2012
Im going to go on bridge st and stand by him since he is "legally blind" and say dont give this guy no money with a arrow pointing at him. LOL :)
just wondering

United States

#36 Jun 22, 2012
christina wrote:
The bum in army fatigues is a piece of sh-t.Yes he stays with Crystal"crackwhore"R atliff,he has also been investigated for child molestation against her kids. But of course Crystal did nothing to help because that would take away from her drug fund.Crystal,Gregg and the bum need to be locked up.I hate people who are nothing but a stain on society.WAKE UP. GET A JOB. And get a freaking life.
is this her sister talking shit about her?
not normal

Chillicothe, OH

#37 Jun 22, 2012
I agree someone needs to contact the VA and get this guy out of there. Afterall he IS a veteran he did fight for our freedom someone needs to fight for him. I knew crystal in school she is a dirty person and I am positive she is capable of talking this guy into this stuff. People should do more then sit around and talk about this guy being a bum.

But another question is I recently seen the Shriners out there collecting money how many of you "saints" gave them money. These guys are wonderful they make sure them kids are taken care of in their time of need. I was just wondering if all u guys helped these guys and then want to complain.

Location hidden

#38 Jun 22, 2012
better view wrote:
<quoted text>
This guys name is George, I think. He not only draws Social Security, but he also gets a VA Pension. The VA has talked to him about his "bumming", but he continues to do it. He is not homeless and is taking advantage of people's charity. He probably makes more that my spouse and I do monthly and we would never dream of asking for charity.
you cannot get VA pension and get Social Security at the same time you can get VA disability and social security, I know I could't get both, pension is income based so if you get social security then you make to much for VA pension.

Location hidden

#39 Jun 22, 2012
scum wrote:
His newest sign says Legally Blind and he wears dark sunglasses. When I see him I always want to roll the window down and say something snotty, but why waste my breath Or hard earned $ on such scum.
Throw something at him, see if he catches it.
Branden

Lancaster, OH

#40 Sep 11, 2012
The bum's name is Joe. He isn't the same guy that was featured in the news story for buying the flat screen TV. Most of you are correct about him staying with Greg Ward and Crystal Ratcliff and some of you are right about why he's out there daily bumming. Joe goes out there everyday, except for Monday's, to bum so that he can give his money to Greg and Crystal. The only reason he doesn't go out on Monday is he gets a check from his beneficiary on Monday. The check is for VA compensation and is administered by a beneficiary or payee because Joe was giving Crystal all of his money at once and then had to go bum in order to support himself and Crystal's drug habit. On the days that Joe doesn't bum enough cash to buy Crystal dope, Crystal goes off on Joe and threatens to make him sleep outside etc., etc.
I feel badly for Joe and would really like to help the man get out of this situation but have no idea as to how I'd go about doing this. If anyone has any ideas or knows the process I'd need to go through to help this man please post them Thanks. Brandon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The local disease... 5 min Gonnagetcha 184
Jessica ferguson 32 min noone 28
Angela Clemente 1 hr HBO 10
Oh "Darling"! 1 hr Dog meat 3
TWD question 1 hr Really 10
White Identity 3 hr TacoTacoTaco 1
cam thomas 7 hr Window Lickers Un... 2
Everybody laughs when a junky dies 14 hr Gonnagetcha 147

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web