MICHELLE

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING SCREWED OVER BY WORK COMP? THE DOCTOR SAYS YOU CANT WORK AND THEIR DOCTORS SAY YOU CAN .AND YOUR JOB WONT LET YOU WORK .SO THEY DONT WONT TO PAY YOU .THE DOCTOR WHO SAYS YOU CANT ONLY BEEN YOUR DOCTOR FOR 5 YEARS .AND THEIR DOCTOR ONLY SEEN YOU TWICE IN TWO YEARS .ANY IDEALS ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS.
Waldo

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Most jobs will make "reasonable accomidations" for those that cannot work their old job. People need to understand that Workmans Comp is not a disability retirement system and typically contributes nothing toward the workers retirement. It is intended to cover expenses while a worker RECOVERS from an injury. If recovery is not possible, it is probably time to apply for PERMANENT disability and get off the TEMPORARY workman's comp roles.

Sadly there are too many people out there trying to scam the system by claiming an on the job injury when there actually was no injury or the employee has recovered from the injury but is still trying to avoid work. There are also certain doctors who are quick (too quick?) to certify people to avoid work in a workman's comp case. When workman's comp sees these doctors names on the employees paperwork, it sends up red flags.

Since: Jul 11

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

I did workers comp fr a drs office for a few years. First and for most, almost all workers comp agencies do not approve a case on the first filing. It's a paper game. As for your job's dr saying you can work and yours saying you can't, request a referral to an actual workers comp certified dr. and go from there. Of course the company dr is gonna side with the company and your dr is going to be more worried about your health than your job. It is going to take time and patience (not easy I know!) on your part. Do your homework and request ALL your records from any dr you see! Also, if your injury is an aggregation of a prior injury (you already have medical records on an injury to the same area), you won't get approved no matter what. Trust me I know. I am a factory worker now and paid almost $1000 out of pocket for therapy because of a bum knee that I know for certain was reinjured from work.... The catch being "REinjured". Good luck!
Yes

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

You must get an attorney, preferably from Columbus, to fight your claim for you. You can't do it on your own.
Oh well

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

MICHELLE wrote:
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING SCREWED OVER BY WORK COMP?
Should have stayed home nd drawn welfare. Then you wouldn't have that problem.
MICHELLE

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

thanks for the input everyone .i do have a lawyer from columbus.and i feel i am getting no where.been dealing with this for 5 years.they have fought me on everything ,told me i had to have surgry .i did last year and it only made me worst off, i have been with the company for 14 years.i begged my doctor to release me .he did with restrictions .not getting 40-60 hours like i use to before i got injuryed.i am lucky to get 20. i work even when my back hurts so bad that i cant hardly move.i just dont get how they can tell me thier not paying me
MICHELLE

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

and cant get help anywhere.be cause i dont have minor kids.and i make to much by one dollar when i am working.
no name

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I know it takes a long time to get any where with them they have you go to the dr and then to hearings and then set around and make sure you are not doing things you should not be doing when a dr says you can't work and you got hurt on a job some one should pay not every one is out to screw the system a lot of people has lost every thing they have and still can't work because of a injury at work the company should pay up
Lowes sucks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Waldo wrote:
Most jobs will make "reasonable accomidations" for those that cannot work their old job.
Ha...ya right. Don't expect Lowes to make 'reasonable accommodations'. My boyfriend worked there for almost 2 years. He had a previous injury but it only acted up occasionally. It acted up really bad one day so he went to the doctor. Doc said he needed to take it easy for about 10 days. Even wrote him a doctor's note that said he had to keep his arm in a sling and do light work. Lowes told him "we're not paying you to just show up and not do your job". And when he told them he HAS a doctor's note they didn't care told him and to not even bother coming in, because there was no other job he could do. Then they fired him for not showing up for work! And when he tried to file for unemployment, the denied him. He fought till the end but they just refused!! He couldn't file for worker's comp because he didn't get injured on the job, it was a previous injury.
I told him to take them to court but he wouldn't.
Anonymous

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

There's Always,Some Reason'ing Behind All Of It "stupid realy"...Can Work,"But I Cant Work",If Im Not When's My Money Commin'...Just Dont Jerk Me Around Cuz Im No Jerk,Just A D***...That Usualy thinkgs Wit Big Head So Sue me......Real Talk...
Ball bat

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Lowes sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha...ya right. Don't expect Lowes to make 'reasonable accommodations'. My boyfriend worked there for almost 2 years. He had a previous injury but it only acted up occasionally. It acted up really bad one day so he went to the doctor. Doc said he needed to take it easy for about 10 days. Even wrote him a doctor's note that said he had to keep his arm in a sling and do light work. Lowes told him "we're not paying you to just show up and not do your job". And when he told them he HAS a doctor's note they didn't care told him and to not even bother coming in, because there was no other job he could do. Then they fired him for not showing up for work! And when he tried to file for unemployment, the denied him. He fought till the end but they just refused!! He couldn't file for worker's comp because he didn't get injured on the job, it was a previous injury.
I told him to take them to court but he wouldn't.
Because he would lose his ass! A reasonable accommodation is something to enable him to do "his job", not "allowing him to do less of a job for the same money".

No work, no pay. Why is that so hard to cram into some peoples' heads. I guess with some people you need a bigger ball bat.
Lowes sucks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

He didn't expect them to pay him to not do his job. But they should not have fired him either. What he did expect was for them together to come up with a solution. They should have either moved him to another department temporarily, one where he could comply with the doctor's orders and still work. Or let him take medical leave, which is required of them to offer as stated in the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993. Hell, he would have been willing to use his vacation days if he had to. Which by the way he had accumulated almost 2 weeks of it. But the bottom line is, they acted unprofessionally and illegally when they fired him, because of an injury.
So are you an employee of lowes? Manager maybe? Or just an @sshole? Seems I struck a nerve..you were pretty quick to jump in and defend lowes. If you are a manager then I understand your why you're such an @ss. All the higher ups in that place are stuck up and think their sh#t don't stink.
Shot gun

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Lowes sucks wrote:
He didn't expect them to pay him to not do his job. But they should not have fired him either. What he did expect was for them together to come up with a solution. They should have either moved him to another department temporarily, one where he could comply with the doctor's orders and still work.
There is no requirement in any law in the US to provide "light duty" work for an employee. If he cannot perform every one of the required functions of his job, the employer doesn't have to make other work for him.
Or let him take medical leave, which is required of them to offer as stated in the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
If he worked at least 1250 hours in the last year, and it's unpaid. And it's the employees obligation to apply for it.
Hell, he would have been willing to use his vacation days if he had to.
Then he SHOULD have.
But the bottom line is, they acted unprofessionally and illegally when they fired him, because of an injury.
Is that why they fired him? Or did they fire him because of attendance or insubordination. Is there a paper that says "you are being terminated for "xxxx"?
you were pretty quick to jump in and defend lowes
I defend employers who don't want to pay someone for "not working" when the reason wasn't that employer's fault.
Why

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

I feel that WC is just another way for those to sit on their a$$ and draw money doing nothing. Insurance companies offer a policy that you can pay a little extra for that in the case you get injuried and can no longer work or provide for your family they do it for you. It's a great worry free policies. And no, I am no insurance salesman. .
No workee no money

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Why wrote:
I feel that WC is just another way for those to sit on their a$$ and draw money doing nothing.
It started out as a legitimate way for people to be compensated if they were injured on the job, but like every program that was created to help, some people take advantage...

In my opinion anyone caught improperly getting benefits, they should be instantly executed, because the entitlement mindset is IMPOSSIBLE to remove.
Paco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Judged:

I'm a Mexican and I have great job with great pay
Hahaha

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Paco wrote:
I'm a Mexican and I have great job with great pay
Sorry living off the handouts your anchor baby receives and living off the women you pork while doing odd work under the table is not a job.

Welfare and food stamps are not types of jobs either but several people in this state act like they are.
mia

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

there is so many different opions on here. lets get real .does work comp really pay you when you are injured without a fight? no they dont.
Nickels

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

mia wrote:
there is so many different opions on here. lets get real .does work comp really pay you when you are injured without a fight? no they dont.
Most places of employment offer short term disability insurance that is very cheap and would work out great if you need to be off for a few months due to illness or surgery. It covers the gap between short and long term disability if need be. Also as others have mentioned aflac and other plans are available to pay your bills if you are off work. The premiums are less than $50 a month usually too. People just don't plan for emergencies and then when they happen it's woe is me.

Have enough in your savings to live on for 6 months if you need to and have some sort of short term disability coverage. Always be prepared.
mia

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

some people can not get insurance due to prexisting medical condition and make a dollar over the limit to get a health card these people fall between the lines and are being screwed. and how can you save any money when uncle sam takes it and the rest bills and food .so tell me whats your other solution is. because my aunt has a heart condition and can not work the 40 hrs like she used to due to a back injury at work had surgry it did not help her it made her worst and now she has restrictions and can only work 20 hrs a week .cant pay rent and getting ready to be on the street. and cant get insurance because of her heart and cant get any health card either and work comp fights her on everything.and while she wins her hearings she has to suffer and wait to be paid which takes forever.but she stills works even though she cant hardly move.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chillicothe Forum right now

Search the Chillicothe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
online gazette 3 min Der Fuehrer 4
the palumbos 6 min Rach 14
wet panties (Dec '12) 8 min Der Fuehrer 117
buddy rider who is he 22 min Cuz 7
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 min Reality Speaks 29,096
Josh lett? 25 min Cuz 4
Hair salon run by 23-year-old to open Aug. 1 45 min bobby 26
Shawnee valley campground 10 hr cowface 38
Chance Copp 11 hr Sebastian 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••