Union twp fire department

Union twp fire department

Posted in the Chillicothe Forum

FireMedic

Huntington, IN

#1 Sep 23, 2011
What are your good and bad stories about this fire department in Ross county.
FireMedic

Huntington, IN

#3 Sep 24, 2011
There is some truth about the above statements. Union is staffed with an excellent day crew Monday to Thur 7am to 4pm ...Fri to Sun 7am ti 11pm. very good group of well trained fire and ems people on staff. volunteers pick up after they go home. they are aways looking for people to volunteer. stop by and pick up an application. the va will aways have a in house fire department on the grounds. thats required by the goverment. plus they are reaching out to support Union twp on fire runs when requested. listen to scanner land and you will hear them. day crew and the volunteers some time do not get along. some like to the stir the pot of crap, because they like the smell. the others have one thing on there mind, give back to the community where they live. thanks and NEVER FORGET.
Watcher

Fort Jennings, OH

#4 Sep 24, 2011
ALL Volunteer Fire Departments/squads need help and if you can volunteer some time, that's great. If you are lucky, you will not fall victim to the "clics" that often try to run the Departments from behind the scenes. Never heard anything bad about Union Township which would prevent you from appling for memebership. Check it out, ask for a tour, have them answer your questions, ask to attend their meetings which should be open to the public.

Yes, the VA Fire Department can be closed. In Ohio alone, the Dayton, Brecksville and Cincinnati (Fort Thomas, KY Division) VA's also had Fire Departments at one time. They were closed after the local community Fire Departments were able to provide coverage. Dayton gave up a piece of land for a new Fire Station, Fort Thomas gave land for a city park and the Brecksville VA paid a yearly fee to the community Fire Dept for their fire coverage before the Brecksville VA closed. At one time there were over 100 VA Fire departments nationwide, today there are 15 or less. If Union Township was a full time Department, the VA would no longer need their own Fire Department and could afford to pay a small precentage of what it now costs them to operate the VA Fire Department. I know the local VA Fire Department is actually responding on mutual aide calls now. Great while it lasts, but that could stop tomorrow. Hope it doesn't but their is no requirment the VA respond outside their own boundries. Additionally, when the VA is out covering their surrounding community, who is covering the VA? The answer is NOBODY. Without specific knowledge of the VA such as floor plans and location of OS&Y valves, none of the Volunteer Departments could be expected to substitute for the VA. It would be like sending one of our Volunteer Departments into downtown Circleville without local guidence. They would probably find the fire without difficulity but would have no knowledge of local resources.
Watcher

Fort Jennings, OH

#5 Sep 24, 2011
Think about this one. The Chillicothe VA Fire Department probably costs over to $750,000 per year to operate in salary, benefits, training, equipment, etc. Can anyone convince me that the Union Township Trustees would turn down a third of that to provide 24/7 coverage of the VA and, in the process, provide more coverage for thier own community? The VA would maintain a few "Fire Inspectors" to do the internal tests, inspections and training of external Fire personnel about how the VA systems work. I'll even bet the VA would also provide space for a new Fire Station directly on State Route 104 for a reduced yearly contract. They have a nice field between the VA and RCI/RCC that has county water, sewage treatment, natural gas and electrical service within close proximity to the largest concentration of people in Ross County (prisons and VA) plus easy access to the North end of Chillicothe/Adena RMC. You can just about expect the entire area will eventually be annexxed into the city of Chillicothe and they definitely will not pass up a deal for free acerage in such a prime location.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2011
Where is everyone getting all thier information from?
plprcrazy

Van Wert, OH

#7 Sep 26, 2011
PLEASE anyone can tell that all but the last comment were made by the same person. Next time try to vary your writing style and tone. You did a horrible job of the topix technique of "fake back and forth" comments. So transparent.
ps this is not a statement to support or deny the validity of your statements just a comment on your approach.
FireMedic

Huntington, IN

#9 Oct 11, 2011
One trouble maker gone....Who's next

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 12, 2011
?
KCR1

United States

#20 Mar 15, 2013
Is this the department covering franklin circle?
Drs

Chillicothe, OH

#21 Mar 18, 2013
Probably!!
Info

Columbus, OH

#22 Mar 18, 2013
Only when Twin Township calls for Mutual Aid from Union Township.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I despise hill jacks 24 min Window Lickers Union 75
Is Something Wrong With My Catchphrase? 35 min ALPHA Enough 4 U 9
Where's the guys interested in BBW 1 hr CardioLardio 5
Who mod that piece ifvshit Frank Davis 3 hr Its me 2
Lunbeck rd 3 hr Dark Carnival 17
Judgemental jerks on SOBB 3 hr Twiztid Juggaletfe 11
Short haired blonde on 2nd 4 hr Kasi suupp 6

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance