First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 7, 2012
6 more shutdown days in August then a layoff in September. Hello unemployment line.
Anita

Napoleon, OH

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Layoffs are supposed to be small - only those who were hired back as temporary.

“Displaced Denizen”

Since: Aug 12

Powell Ohio

#3 Aug 7, 2012
I have a friend from Waverly who was hired as full time. She tells me it is coming soon.
Lemmy

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Aug 7, 2012
former_roundtowner wrote:
I have a friend from Waverly who was hired as full time. She tells me it is coming soon.
50-75 people.
Jjhh

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Aug 7, 2012
It's driven by the economy - why the surprise??
Sadly Enough

United States

#6 Aug 7, 2012
Yes, recently 20-30 people were Called back as part time employees. In September, those individuals plus a complete total of 50 people will be laid off briefly.
Rolly

Van Wert, OH

#7 Aug 9, 2012
Anyone know how many work there total ?
Mom

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Aug 9, 2012
Rolly wrote:
Anyone know how many work there total ?
Over 1700
Anonymous

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Aug 11, 2012
My husband works there. The lay offs are mainly the 30 some who got hired back as temps, plus some other people. I hope it settles back down after this month. We can't handle the lack of income! But it was expected. It's a factory. What can you do? Shit happens.
soon ex truck builder

United States

#11 Aug 12, 2012
Layoff's in september. Mills pride contracts expire. Including mine. The number will be roughly 250. Don't believe me. Then wait and see. I highly suggest being prepared.
redeye

Port Clinton, OH

#12 Aug 12, 2012
soon ex truck builder wrote:
Layoff's in september. Mills pride contracts expire. Including mine. The number will be roughly 250. Don't believe me. Then wait and see. I highly suggest being prepared.
that sucks being layed off, but dont you all make good money? so unemployment is roughly half of that, it would suck if you had a family and bills, i dont, but id rather be layed off in deer season, not summer
Supply demand

United States

#13 Aug 12, 2012
If u take a look at the breakdown by weeks. It hasn't gotten any better. Only worse. I would be surprised if its only 250. I've heard rumors of twice that
Power to none-

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Aug 12, 2012
whaaaa...unemployment check is hard work living.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15 Aug 12, 2012
Reckon it will be a see and wait what happens game.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16 Aug 22, 2012
My dh works there and im just hoping they decide something soon these shutdown days are killing us..
beggin

Van Wert, OH

#17 Aug 22, 2012
WykedSecrets wrote:
6 more shutdown days in August then a layoff in September. Hello unemployment line.
I heard they're hiring 200 more people. They made a contract with Fedex, Kmart, Sears, JC Penny's, and other store failures.
the truth

Van Wert, OH

#18 Aug 22, 2012
former_roundtowner wrote:
My dad works out there and has for years. A lot of workers don't know anything because it's one big rumor mill. He told me today they were planning on laying off 700 or some. You can't believe everything you hear. However, I do know they have a loss of orders. Ups is about it right now. They're planning on getting more orders though around Nov. Sorry for the ones at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm fortunate for Dupont.
Nurse Betty

Springfield, OH

#19 Aug 22, 2012
Let me take ur tempature
yep yep

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2012
It driven by the owner an ppl changing orders. If you want to know the truth about it.
They came out with the new truck an people changed their minds an want the new truck instead of the ones they had ordered so now those sit, an they don't have enough parts for the new ones.
They keep loosing money because of this.
If Mr owner would run the business the way his dad did, Kenworth would be running just fine...
Anal Andy

United States

#21 Aug 23, 2012
Re elect Obama. He promises to do better ext time. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
..Keep One~Drop One.. (Oct '13) 18 min whatimeisit 5,459
Add a word, Drop a word (Jan '13) 20 min whatimeisit 2,146
Where is that "Sasquatch" guy? 21 min AIPAC mohels 224
Rose at Kohl's 26 min baffled 1
Guardrail man 56 min What 9
Hard Tail (Jun '13) 2 hr Curious 60
Joanna Johnson, jo jo 3 hr Crazy2 90

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance