daughters of ruth shelter

daughters of ruth shelter

Posted in the Chillicothe Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whats wrong

United States

#1 Aug 29, 2012
This place is a joke. At one time it was ran right and had the right idea. No one wants to work there because of the way they get treated. Everyone is quitting and residents are walking out because it's not worth the trouble and they are being treated bad. I thought this way backed by a church. What a joke this place has no respect for anyone
Bee Killer

Lancaster, OH

#2 Aug 29, 2012
I don't think it is ran by any church. It is a private non-profit with a board of directors. The church next door rents them the property they are using, but the church is not on their board of directors and not responsible for the program they run there.
Bee Killer

Lancaster, OH

#3 Aug 29, 2012
Many local churches, as well as individuals, support them thru donations. But as far as I know there is no one church who runs or organizes them.
whats wrong

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2012
Bee Killer wrote:
Many local churches, as well as individuals, support them thru donations. But as far as I know there is no one church who runs or organizes them.
well I think maybe people might want to check things out and see where their donations are going before they donate and ask the volunteers and people that stay there how they are treated. Sad to see a great idea go so bad
users

United States

#5 Aug 29, 2012
Bipolar it is treatable!!! Lol
users

United States

#6 Aug 29, 2012
This is what happens when u put the wrong people in charge. This place will not stay open. Sooner or later they are going to be in a law suit and closed down. Even homeless shelters have to obey the laws. U can't treat people any way u want. U may get away with it 4 a long time but somewhere along the way someone is gonna stand up 4 their rights.
just sayin

United States

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Bee Killer wrote:
I don't think it is ran by any church. It is a private non-profit with a board of directors. The church next door rents them the property they are using, but the church is not on their board of directors and not responsible for the program they run there.
Well the board of directors needs to take a board to their director and run her off before its too late. What a waste

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Aug 29, 2012
What is supposedly going on there? Why do you say they will be in a law suit?

Since: Jul 12

Arlington, VA

#9 Aug 29, 2012
How can anyone bash a place like this, help me understand?
just sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Aug 29, 2012
regulater wrote:
How can anyone bash a place like this, help me understand?
Apparently u know nothing about this place except what u think u know about it. I was fooled 4 a while 2
thyrui

Jackson, OH

#11 Aug 30, 2012
stayed there once they did nothing but help me in a time i needed it badly, they just dont get enough donations to hire help they depend on volunteers, and yes a lot of talk behind each other's backs but id def stay there again if i was ever without a place to stay again
just sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#12 Aug 30, 2012
thyrui wrote:
stayed there once they did nothing but help me in a time i needed it badly, they just dont get enough donations to hire help they depend on volunteers, and yes a lot of talk behind each other's backs but id def stay there again if i was ever without a place to stay again
Must have been under old director

Since: Jul 12

Baltimore, MD

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Who is the director?
just sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Aug 30, 2012
regulater wrote:
Who is the director?
brandy morris

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Aug 30, 2012
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
brandy morris
Wait....what, as in Brandy overly morris?
just sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Aug 30, 2012
82Angst wrote:
<quoted text>Wait....what, as in Brandy overly morris?
yes why

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Aug 30, 2012
No reason really, glad she is doing well
:(

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Aug 30, 2012
I worked there and it Is a very good place for residents but workers are not treated well I had called the director because I had a concern about one of the other workers she pretty much gave me a lecture and told me that no matter no resident would be any type of friend and I also don't believe it's right to have a resident be a overnight shift I mean everyone else has to share a bedroom why does she get one of her own how is that right for any other resident ..
just sayin

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Aug 30, 2012
[QUOTE who=":("]I worked there and it Is a very good place for residents but workers are not treated well I had called the director because I had a concern about one of the other workers she pretty much gave me a lecture and told me that no matter no resident would be any type of friend and I also don't believe it's right to have a resident be a overnight shift I mean everyone else has to share a bedroom why does she get one of her own how is that right for any other resident ..[/QUOTE]
your post is confusing
users

Chillicothe, OH

#21 Sep 1, 2012
[QUOTE who=":("]I worked there and it Is a very good place for residents but workers are not treated well I had called the director because I had a concern about one of the other workers she pretty much gave me a lecture and told me that no matter no resident would be any type of friend and I also don't believe it's right to have a resident be a overnight shift I mean everyone else has to share a bedroom why does she get one of her own how is that right for any other resident ..[/QUOTE]

someone there needs anger management !!!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attorney Jennifer Ader 4 min Visceral Entropy 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Jan '13) 31 min Dan Snow 2,158
Dustin Caplinger 1 hr Yup 10
Christopher Columbus Statue to be taken down in... 2 hr Darryl Causey 2
Pretty crackhead named Mandy 2 hr Sled 11
Helen DER ferry (Jan '17) 2 hr wheres that soup ... 56
Ashley Mullins 3 hr Dodge Challenger ... 15

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chillicothe Mortgages