ross county fair sucks
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
toot

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2014
everything you do cost $$$$$ all other countys around here once you pay to get in thats it and if you camp there its megga bucks $$$$$
Hum

United States

#2 Aug 5, 2014
toot wrote:
everything you do cost $$$$$ all other countys around here once you pay to get in thats it and if you camp there its megga bucks $$$$$
Get a job
toot

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2014
Hum wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job
got one but the ross county fair still sucks
funfair

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Aug 5, 2014
went last night got my eyes full and my tummy all for $20.00. Im going again tonight!
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Aug 5, 2014
funfair wrote:
went last night got my eyes full and my tummy all for $20.00. Im going again tonight!
Eyes full? Didn't know the biker rodeo was back in town this early. The sweat hogs at that event can fill the eyes of the entire state. lol and...for $20.00 you barely had enough to cover your own expenses unless you skated by on one of the many free passes that are out there. Think about how much it costs a family.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Aug 5, 2014
toot wrote:
Actually $225.00 (30 amp service) or $300.00 (50 amp service) for 10 days is a bargain for campers. I know some who only come to camp and could care less about the fair.. That's part of my problem. If you have children who MIGHT participate in a 4H event in a few years, you had better get on the waiting list now and expect to be placed in the worst location in the far reaches of the campground. Your young children may have to walk the full length of the campgrounds several times per day to care for their animals. Even thou this is a "junior" fair, kids are NOT given any priority for camping spaces or their location. I guess it would be too complicated to set aside enough spaces for the kids that are close to their projects before giving spaces to those who are just there for the party.
jesus

United States

#7 Aug 5, 2014
The almighty dollar. That's all it's about.
ned

United States

#8 Aug 5, 2014
toot wrote:
<quoted text>
got one but the ross county fair still sucks
It has always SUCKED!! What else is new?

“Loving husband of Mrs cowface”

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe OH

#9 Aug 5, 2014
Ever went to Pickaway, Pike, Fayette, & other surrounding county fairs? Ross Co Fair is like a State Fair compared to other smaller counties. Be grateful for what we are fortunate to have here at home.
Yes

Clyde, OH

#11 Aug 5, 2014
Scioto county has the best county fair around this area, with awesome entertainment.
nobody

United States

#12 Aug 5, 2014
If you don't like it don't go.enough said..........
funfair

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Aug 6, 2014
went again last night,$5.00 to get in,$6.50 for burger ,fries and drink at the lions shelter,got my eyes full(crafts ,animals,antiques) then spent another $8.00 for a mountain dew and an elephant ear. ran into some folks i went to school with had a good time.going again tonight!!!
Blah

Taylor, MI

#14 Aug 6, 2014
I'm so tired of hearing everyone complain about the camping situation. You got a spot, be happy. If not then sign up for one. They make money on those who come back year after year. And if you keep coming back you will be rewarded with better spots. As far as the fair goes, yeah the entertainment could a little better, but this is still one of the better fairs around.

Chillicothe OH

#15 Aug 6, 2014
Had a great time at fair again tonight. We had never given thought to enter any garden vegetables or flowers before. So with no extra effort before hand we went to our back yard gardens & dug & picked a few things. We wound up winning 7 ribbons for the first time. Won 1st place largest white potato, 2nd place largest red potato (I ate the bigger one last week) & all these other ribbons can't remember like 1st place blue ribbons for Sunflower & Marigold. We had no clue of what or how to enter, but some how won anyway. I was even surprised my Okra won 2nd since we had eaten all the good Okra the other day & only had young tender 4" ones left to enter. Our biggest mystery was how we only got 2nd for our fresher big carrots & how the judge gave 1st place blue ribbon to what was obviously very aged store bought carrots. Someone entered fake carrots... for shame... for shame. Overall Great Fear fun though!
Fairly scared

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Aug 6, 2014
Lots of thefts of campers' coolers. Heard a yr or ago someone peed in beer bottles capped them back and put in cooler. next morning the little thieves had stolen them. Surprise!!
John Q Public

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Aug 7, 2014
Do you have to pay to get in, plus pay to see the grandstand entertainment...?

Chillicothe OH

#18 Aug 7, 2014
John Q Public wrote:
Do you have to pay to get in, plus pay to see the grandstand entertainment...?
Yes $5 at gate,$5 at grandstands, & $5-$6 for most food concessions. Parking is free.

Since: Apr 14

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Aug 7, 2014
Went out today. I can't say that I enjoyed it.
I've never been a fan of the fair but, I know there are plenty of people who love it.
It's been a few years and I was very surprised to see the improvements that have been made. I can't complain about the cost because it looks like they're putting the profits back into the fairgrounds.

My kids have been out there every day and they are having a good time. They spend about $20 a day and that's not bad. They east, drink, and get to watch whatever is going on in the grandstand.
It would cost them just as much if not more by going to a movie for a couple of hours.

I went out and stayed for a few hours. It was mid afternoon so there wasn't a lot going on. I had some great food and talked with a few friends. Like I said, I've never been a fan but I don't think it sucks. It's just not my thing. However, with as much as my kids are enjoying it, and the how cheap it is to camp, I'm considering getting a camping spot soon. I could have a good time sitting in the camp ground, grilling out, and drinking a couple if cold ones while the kids run around.

It's very affordable and the money is being spent the right way.
Yep

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Aug 7, 2014
Yes wrote:
Scioto county has the best county fair around this area, with awesome entertainment.
Ross county misses the boat when it comes to live talent. They tried booking some big acts for a while. They had to sell the tickets for months in advance just to guarantee they would be able to pay for the talent. Than...the weather gets them.

Ross County has made many improvements but what they still need is a large indoor multi-purpose and year round building similar to the Roberts Center that would really set Ross County apart from the rest.
RLW

Piketon, OH

#22 Aug 10, 2014
The Ross Co Fair is a JOKE!!!!!! They have the BIGGEST camp ground of any county fair in the state, you have to pay to get in, you have to pay to see the awful grandstand entertainment that they have, plus you have to pay extra to ride anything. I mean REALLY????
The Ross Co. fair board makes more money than any co fair in the state, and they make you pay extra for rides, no big name entertainment, or semi big name entertainment. Its a JOKE. Even the Pike Co Fair had a Nashville Recording act this year. The people running the Ross Co Fair are a JOKE just like the fair is. They are going to tell you that the reason they cant have any live entertainment is because they are "still paying" from where Lynard Skynard cancelled a show there a few years ago. That fair and the people running it are a JOKE, always have been, and always will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dealers 1 hr Tim 40
SWF seeking new experience ...bi-curious 1 hr Shyone 2
Bridge st. Valero Gas station Girl with crazy c... 2 hr Shyone 5
Raciest Walmart employee 3 hr Xemployee 6
Sarah Marie Parker 3 hr 3 of spades 21
kandi depugh or kandi Thompson???????? 3 hr mykel 1
Luke Feeney Speech at the Democrat Convention 3 hr I am with Hillary 2

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance