Officials address truck stop concerns

Officials address truck stop concerns

There are 23 comments on the Chillicothe Gazette story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Officials address truck stop concerns. In it, Chillicothe Gazette reports that:

Concerns about traffic congestion and the potential effect on surrounding businesses and homeowners were among the issues raised during the latest meeting Monday evening about a proposed truck stop expected to be built off East Main Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chillicothe Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Was a trucker

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2012
And those issues are what? Perhaps the city of chillicothe is blind to the fact that this city is poor and getting poorer by the minute. Truck stops a money explosion for the city, it brings in money to local stores and restaurants. If the officials stay on top of issue to be created a truck stop would be great for the local economy.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 27, 2012
Was a trucker wrote:
And those issues are what? Perhaps the city of chillicothe is blind to the fact that this city is poor and getting poorer by the minute. Truck stops a money explosion for the city, it brings in money to local stores and restaurants. If the officials stay on top of issue to be created a truck stop would be great for the local economy.
That's what I said on the other post!
Was a trucker

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2012
What other post? I must have missed it.

Since: Aug 12

Greenwich, OH

#4 Nov 27, 2012
They want to complain about traffic congestion on East Main Street, but don't hesitate to slap another fast food restaurant down on Bridge Street. Its just another excuse to resist change on the part of city council.
Anonymous

United States

#5 Nov 27, 2012
TheHorsesMouth wrote:
They want to complain about traffic congestion on East Main Street, but don't hesitate to slap another fast food restaurant down on Bridge Street. Its just another excuse to resist change on the part of city council.
Well to be honest they're right it will create a problem with traffic there. With two lights so close together there's not a whole lot of room for trucks to pull out to the light. It would be an issue now that I've thought about it but if they were to bring in someone with driving experience I'm sure the problem could be resolved.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Was a trucker wrote:
What other post? I must have missed it.
Find it?
Was a trucker

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2012
peacegirl2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Find it?
Yes I did

Location hidden

#8 Nov 28, 2012
Was a trucker wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did
Okay good!
truckers wife

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Nov 28, 2012
Chillicothe need's a truck stop! There are a lot of trucker's that go down 23/35 and need a safe place to park, when their 11 hr drive time is up. The truck stop would definitely help with getting some jobs here in Chillicothe. There are some really nice and respectful truck driver's out there and all they want/need is a safe place to park, so they can get something to eat, and a nice hot shower.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 28, 2012
truckers wife wrote:
Chillicothe need's a truck stop! There are a lot of trucker's that go down 23/35 and need a safe place to park, when their 11 hr drive time is up. The truck stop would definitely help with getting some jobs here in Chillicothe. There are some really nice and respectful truck driver's out there and all they want/need is a safe place to park, so they can get something to eat, and a nice hot shower.
I agree!!
Trucker

Van Wert, OH

#11 Nov 28, 2012
Have you considered the noise levels coming from a truck stop all night long with engines running, gears grinding, brakes, gear changing. All them are full past capacity all night long you can not find a parking place in one at night.Packed with trucks running and reefers running all night long.
It is not a quite place to be around.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 28, 2012
Trucker wrote:
Have you considered the noise levels coming from a truck stop all night long with engines running, gears grinding, brakes, gear changing. All them are full past capacity all night long you can not find a parking place in one at night.Packed with trucks running and reefers running all night long.
It is not a quite place to be around.
So ur against it?
Trucker

Van Wert, OH

#13 Nov 28, 2012
Neither. Just pointing out some facts about truck stops. It is a place with lots of noise 24/7.
Truckers Wife 2

Grand Blanc, MI

#14 Nov 28, 2012
truckers wife wrote:
I agree!

Most truckers are not what people perceive. There are more good than bad.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 28, 2012
Trucker wrote:
Neither. Just pointing out some facts about truck stops. It is a place with lots of noise 24/7.
Where they are wanting to build it , shouldn't disturb many neighbors, unless I'm thinking about a different spot.
Was a trucker

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2012
Brad wrote:
In Chilli the ones makin the money will be the lot lizzards, dope dealers and hotels.
I hope u were a trucker at one point if not ur talking about something u know nothing about. I was a driver for 8 yrs and the lot lizard is nearly as common as u think. As far as the drugs, well if the city dose its job and patrols the area and enforces loitering laws drugs and prostitution won't be a problem.
Was a trucker

United States

#19 Nov 28, 2012
I agree that chillicothe has become over run with trash and its a shame I was born and raised here. I love this town I only wish the good people who live here could do what's needed to run the drug dealers welfare bums and whores out of here. That don't mean I don't won't chillicothe to do what's needed to bring new industry and money in.
Eastender

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Nov 29, 2012
I believe the area they have chosen is too small. Take a drive down 35 East any Week day morning. The exit ramps at Richmond Dale will have 2 to 5 trucks sitting there. The Jackson Rest area will be full to overflowing. The Valero Truck stop will be so full it is gridlocked. US 35 is a major truck route coming out of the Carolinas and this area is at the limit of a driver's range before he must take a mandated break. Truckersa re the life blood of this country and more are needed every day but to jam them into the limited space that is available on Main Street is just wrong. A bigger and better location would seem to be around North Bridge and 23 or South Bridge and Three Locks. Both areas have large open areas that could be turned into a mega truck stop.
Truckers Wife 2

Grand Blanc, MI

#21 Nov 29, 2012
Yes, but the 23/35 crossroads are right at
Main St.
truckers wife

Chillicothe, OH

#22 Nov 29, 2012
The 23/35 split would be perfect but if they could get a bigger area that would of course be better. As for the noise from the semi's that noise is really no worse than what you hear from half the vehicle's in town anyway. At this point a place for the truck driver's to park safely and be able to get something to eat and a hot shower would be great and appreciated I'm sure. I've been on the road with my husband and when your 11 hour drive time is up, you need a safe place to park and unfortunately they are few and far apart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chillicothe transit news 37 min Ned Franzel 4
On the hunt 42 min Chet Frooma 3
Add a word, Drop a word (Jan '13) 55 min Princess Hey 3,001
Stonerock 1 hr Rage 2
Trump Arrests 2000 MS-13 gang members today 2 hr Gonnagetcha 217
how young is too young for a vibrator? (Jul '11) 2 hr Huma Abedin 57
Alyssa Sparks 2 hr Daddy 8
News Former award-winning principal indicted on sex ... 11 hr Burgoon 40

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web