power of none

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Nov 19, 2012
I need to find a vet with a low cost to do a neuter and declaw.Does anyone know?
Jana

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Okay, that vet just spent a quarter million dollars to go to vet school (OSU vet school is harder to get into than OSU med school), he has an office and staff to pay, what do you think is cheap?
Golf ball wacker

Delaware, OH

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Im getting my cat done next week all shots and declawed and neutered. At chillicothe animal clinic for 212.00 total
power of none

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Jana wrote:
Okay, that vet just spent a quarter million dollars to go to vet school (OSU vet school is harder to get into than OSU med school), he has an office and staff to pay, what do you think is cheap?
---Ok. Miss know it all Jana.I'm looking $150 ish.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Nov 19, 2012
power of none wrote:
<quoted text>---Ok. Miss know it all Jana.I'm looking $150 ish.
Brad Roll at Maplewood Animal Clinic. To get my cat neutered and declawed it only cost about $150 and he's great. I've always taken my animals there.
Got this

United States

#7 Nov 19, 2012
I actually just called town and country animal clinic for a quote on this about 2 hours ago. They are scheduled out till December for surgeries but, I was told if you schedule now, you get a discount. A declaw is $82-85 (can't remember exact price) and declaw/neuter together was about $115. I have been goin to this clinic for over 8 years and have never had any issues and always get great service! the prices include office fee, pain meds, antibiotics, and overnight stay.
PAINFUL

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Nov 19, 2012
Well I hope that y'all know that when you have a cat declawed, it's like taking their knuckles out....it's very painful for them...and I do know this for a fact because I worked at a animal clinic....I would think twice about doing it, jus'sayin!
power of none

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Nov 19, 2012
I also like my leather couches that is being ripped apart.My daughter and I would like to not get attackd by claws.It freakin' hurts getting scars.She won't remember after awhile.I'm being a responsible pet owner,thank you.
ames

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Nov 19, 2012
Brad roll for sure is by far the best and reasonable in price
Shizznits

United States

#11 Nov 19, 2012
Lisa uhrig Pelfrey or something it was only going to cost $100 to fix my dog try her shes the cheapest I came across and shes great with animals
Soft paws

United States

#12 Nov 19, 2012
No, you're not being a responsible owner. They're literally cutting their entire first knuckle off your cat. It won't remember? Please tell me if someone cut your fingertips off that you'd just forget. It can cause a lot of problems and pain throughout their life!

Two alternatives: don't get a cat and a leather couch. Obviously not an option at this point. So #2 is cat soft paws. Order them from eBay and they're super cheap ($1.50 for 20, a years worth is ~$8. It would take 9-11 years of using these to equal the cost of declawing) and really easy to apply. Very safe, protect your couch and children, and aren't cruel like cutting the knuckles off.
Anal Andy

Dublin, OH

#13 Nov 20, 2012
Soft paws are great. Declawing is horrid. And I can just imagine your leather couch in your trailer. Leather is so 90s.
rvt

Taylor, MI

#14 Nov 20, 2012
Actually im a registered vet tech and i see it as there are thousands of strays looking for homes and if it comes down to the cat getting put back up for adoption for tearing up couches or getting declawed then i think its in the cays besy interest to get declawed..also alot of old people on blood thinners cant have cats scratching at them.
that girl.

Van Wert, OH

#15 Nov 20, 2012
Lisa pelfry is really cheap I took my cat there .

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Nov 28, 2012
Soft paws wrote:
No, you're not being a responsible owner. They're literally cutting their entire first knuckle off your cat. It won't remember? Please tell me if someone cut your fingertips off that you'd just forget. It can cause a lot of problems and pain throughout their life!

Two alternatives: don't get a cat and a leather couch. Obviously not an option at this point. So #2 is cat soft paws. Order them from eBay and they're super cheap ($1.50 for 20, a years worth is ~$8. It would take 9-11 years of using these to equal the cost of declawing) and really easy to apply. Very safe, protect your couch and children, and aren't cruel like cutting the knuckles off.
Although still a little barbaric in a sense, now they use lasers that do not require to harsh removal of claws or a painful recovery.

I worked for a vet after two years of school and they basically, using the old technique, put the cat asleep, pressed on its foot to extend the claws and pulled the out with a pair of surgical pliers one by one. That is cruel and horrid for the cat in recovery.

Now the lasers are a little more humane, but the best things are the caps that go on their claws. They make their claws rounded so they cannot dig into anything and they come in tons of colors.

The couch is saved, your legs and arms are saved, and the kitty is not tortured. You can buy them in bulk on eBay.

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Nov 28, 2012
power of none wrote:
I also like my leather couches that is being ripped apart.My daughter and I would like to not get attackd by claws.It freakin' hurts getting scars.She won't remember after awhile.I'm being a responsible pet owner,thank you.
You are not being a responciable owner your being a selfish one! Having a cat declawed is in humane and should be outlawed! You should just give the cat to someone who cares more about them then a damn couch or a small scratch!
lastone

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Nov 29, 2012
classychazy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not being a responciable owner your being a selfish one! Having a cat declawed is in humane and should be outlawed! You should just give the cat to someone who cares more about them then a damn couch or a small scratch!
---i know one bitch i'd like to declaw

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Nov 30, 2012
lastone wrote:
<quoted text>---i know one bitch i'd like to declaw
Lol! I highly doubt it!
lastone

Chillicothe, OH

#21 Nov 30, 2012
or pump formaldehyde in the bitch

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

#22 Nov 30, 2012
lastone wrote:
or pump formaldehyde in the bitch
Why would you want to kill me for? I have not a clue who you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat Joe's Pizza 24 min Squatch is my friend 7
Tiffany Barnes (Jun '15) 36 min Hah 54
Looking for Michelle Eisner (not sure of the sp... 1 hr Nojoke 4
Falicia jo Rinehart (Feb '14) 1 hr Idk 2
Jerry's Tires on High Street 3 hr Claudia shatz 25
Satanic bible and satanism 4 hr Whatever 109
Druggie 5 hr Big Al 4
Backpage 19 hr Happy Henry 44

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chillicothe Mortgages