fire jurisdiction

Since: Jun 12

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Oct 7, 2012
I was driving home from work today and came upon a closed road due to an accident. There was one vehicle involved, yet there were 2 fire departments on the scene. The car was in Ross County, but Tarlton FD was on the scene with Colerain FD. Was this dispatch error, did Colerain ask for the help or is it common for both counties to send fire departments to a county line road?

I'm curious to know, seemed like overkill with the amount of emergency equipment for what appeared to be a very minor accident
PrettySureHesGay

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Chances are when the dispatch went out Colerian was on another run or no one responded to dispatch so they called in Tarlton to cover. I would imagine when Colerian was freed up they headed to the scene. This kind of mix up can happen from time to time especially when a dept is short handed or only has enough equipment for one run at a time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bernie McCray 11 min Bernie McCray 4
some fathers are so stupid 54 min Michael 4
Eric Betkey 2 hr Isaac S 8
Sarah potts (Sep '15) 2 hr GIRL 11
Ty Brown. Know anything about this guy? 3 hr Jsgejevv 11
Tiffany Barnes (Jun '15) 5 hr Okk 40
Nathan Powell (Oct '15) 5 hr Tasha 13
What is happening in pike county? Mon Noone 71
More from around the web

Personal Finance