“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#23 May 5, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>For me a higher power is an energy,a power greater than me,its a spiriual thing not religious.
Sounds intriguing enough.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#24 May 6, 2013
undefined apathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds intriguing enough.
It is because you can then open your mind and explore your spiritual side.I suggest going somewhere quiet where your away from people like a cementary a creek maybe the river and just sit quietly with yourself and let your mind wander and be in nature.

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#25 May 6, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>It is because you can then open your mind and explore your spiritual side.I suggest going somewhere quiet where your away from people like a cementary a creek maybe the river and just sit quietly with yourself and let your mind wander and be in nature.
My mind does plenty of wandering on its own. Actually it's rather constantly running around in circles. One of the drawbacks of being intelligent is that you can't really turn your brain off. It picks up ideas and runs with them non stop :D

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#26 May 6, 2013
Yes but if you are in a quiet secluded place in nature let your mind wander,become aware of your surroundings then focus on a sound like water running,birds chirping,etc and try to tune yourself into that.Its very relaxing plus you get some insights about yourself,your spirit,etc.

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#27 May 6, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
Yes but if you are in a quiet secluded place in nature let your mind wander,become aware of your surroundings then focus on a sound like water running,birds chirping,etc and try to tune yourself into that.Its very relaxing plus you get some insights about yourself,your spirit,etc.
Nice offer, but the last thing I need is time alone to dwell on myself. That's how I spent most of my nights during the winter season, and when I evaluate my existence the results tend to wind up less than favorable.:)

Now a days I try to redirect my overbearing thoughts towards amusing ideals. The last one being me laying in bed at night trying to sleep while my brain evaluated Capitalism and offered up solutions to modify and enhance that particular system. Obviously, I can't change Capitalism, but it's nice to have an idea on how it could be improved :D

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#28 May 6, 2013
There is a reason you exisit,you have value and worth.When you take stock of your attributes and your character flaws you can make the necessary changes if so inclined.Channel your thoughts to how you can better the world,your world and others in general.
Reverse evolution

Columbus, OH

#29 May 6, 2013
Chillicothe is a good example of evolution in reverse. Evolution is the creation of more intelligent life forms. So, precisely the opposite of what is taking place in your slum.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#30 May 6, 2013
Reverse evolution wrote:
Chillicothe is a good example of evolution in reverse. Evolution is the creation of more intelligent life forms. So, precisely the opposite of what is taking place in your slum.
That I'm compelled to agree with. Nicely said.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#31 May 6, 2013
Probably all the drugs.

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#32 May 6, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
There is a reason you exisit,you have value and worth.When you take stock of your attributes and your character flaws you can make the necessary changes if so inclined.Channel your thoughts to how you can better the world,your world and others in general.
Maybe, maybe not. I disagree. I think there is no reason for anything, but humans are unique. We have the mental ability to take something without meaning and ascribe a purpose to it, as well as ourselves. So while there is not necessarily a reason for things, we as humans tend to give things a purpose.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#33 May 6, 2013
undefined apathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not. I disagree. I think there is no reason for anything, but humans are unique. We have the mental ability to take something without meaning and ascribe a purpose to it, as well as ourselves. So while there is not necessarily a reason for things, we as humans tend to give things a purpose.
So you think life and things that happen are random,there are no reasons for anything,nothing has purpose or value.
Raine

Waverly, OH

#34 May 6, 2013
I believe that humans have a purpose and there is a reason for everything. I still dont quite believe in evolution but i do like reading and watching on TV the different theories that people have as to how we became to exist

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#35 May 6, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>So you think life and things that happen are random,there are no reasons for anything,nothing has purpose or value.
Yes and no.

Yes - I think we started randomly and without purpose

no - I don't think we are without purpose. I think we decide our own fates, our own way, and our own purpose. Along the way we add purpose to other things and people.

“Dancing with the devil”

Since: May 12

...Dreaming of angels

#36 May 6, 2013
Raine wrote:
I believe that humans have a purpose and there is a reason for everything. I still dont quite believe in evolution but i do like reading and watching on TV the different theories that people have as to how we became to exist
Evolution has been strongly tested, is highly supported, and backed by more than an ample amount of evidence. It's a fact.:D
Raine

Waverly, OH

#37 May 6, 2013
undefined apathy wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has been strongly tested, is highly supported, and backed by more than an ample amount of evidence. It's a fact.:D
Im just sayin i like to hear different theories. I dont really believe in evolution but thats just my opinion. I dont believe in aliens and stuff either lol. But i know that we were created so i guess anything is possible. We just have to believe in something so each for their own :)
just saying

Charleston, WV

#38 May 6, 2013
Reverse evolution wrote:
Chillicothe is a good example of evolution in reverse. Evolution is the creation of more intelligent life forms. So, precisely the opposite of what is taking place in your slum.
Chillicothe is not unique, they face the same problems that people every where in this country face. About "reverse evolution", I think evolution means to evolve, right? Does the fact that we're evolving mean we always evolve in a positive way? I get what you're saying about reverse evolution, we expect that we should evolve to be better than before but that's not always the way. Two steps forward, one step back. It would be nice if we as humans kept getting better but if we didn't have problems to solve we couldn't evolve. Just saying.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#39 May 6, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Chillicothe is not unique, they face the same problems that people every where in this country face. About "reverse evolution", I think evolution means to evolve, right? Does the fact that we're evolving mean we always evolve in a positive way? I get what you're saying about reverse evolution, we expect that we should evolve to be better than before but that's not always the way. Two steps forward, one step back. It would be nice if we as humans kept getting better but if we didn't have problems to solve we couldn't evolve. Just saying.
Thats a good way to look at it i think that by taking the 2 steps forward one back aspect of it keeps us in a constant state of evolution.We supposedly learn by our mistakes if i continue to do something that doesnt work why would i continue to do it?.Evolution occurs when i get that ahha moment and find something that does work that propels me forward.
just saying

Charleston, WV

#40 May 6, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a good way to look at it i think that by taking the 2 steps forward one back aspect of it keeps us in a constant state of evolution.We supposedly learn by our mistakes if i continue to do something that doesnt work why would i continue to do it?.Evolution occurs when i get that ahha moment and find something that does work that propels me forward.
I agree. Ever read that Seagull book yet? Might be hard to find.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#41 May 7, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Ever read that Seagull book yet? Might be hard to find.
I found it online just dont have the funds to buy it.Might check the library since im on vacation this week.
F3 soldier

Waverly, OH

#42 May 7, 2013
Evolution deff skipped Huntington hills

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 min Pope Che Reagan C... 31,165
cover me in poo poo (Jan '14) 21 min Bahahahaaaa 7
black girl that works at arbys 22 min Wildly mild 6
Party This Saturday in Yoctangee 25 min laughing in CA 38
regina thomas 31 min bubbles 14
Megan Oliver baby you're so hot. (Jun '13) 31 min lets_be_honest 31
Roger Williams II 37 min Town Crier 2
•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chillicothe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chillicothe
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••