Caregiver Fired Over Hidden Camera Video

Caregiver Fired Over Hidden Camera Video

There are 61 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Sep 15, 2009, titled Caregiver Fired Over Hidden Camera Video. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A home health care provider faces a criminal investigation after the mother of a 16-year-old cerebral palsy patient used a hidden camera to record her behavior, 10TV's Maureen Kocot reported on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wickeddreams

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 15, 2009
This breaks my heart:( there wouldn't be no investigation if this was my child,they would be arresting me for beating the h** out of the caregiver!!!!!!!!!!
cynthiaberry

Whitehouse, OH

#2 Sep 15, 2009
I have been a caregiver for special needs individual for over 27 years. Not because it is a job, but because of my love for others.
This is such a sad story that it really breaks my heart reading of the creulty inflicted on this young woman. Thank God she was able to communicate to her mother in her own way, what a remarkable young woman. I truly hopes the caregiver will be prosecuted.
HOMER

Pickerington, OH

#3 Sep 15, 2009
The caregiver needs to do a little time behind bars to think about what she did wrong. Plain an simple.............
CHUCKO

Watseka, IL

#4 Sep 15, 2009
This care giver slimebag, I use a lenient description, should be caned, tsered, and the ---,------ her! Sad to read of this horrible incident.
Dee

Plymouth, MN

#5 Sep 15, 2009
I am so glad her Mother recognized by her daughter's reaction that something was not right. This Mom is really tuned into her daughter. Best of luck to both of them!

I hope that the caregiver is prosecuted to the fullest extent. What a horrible thing to do.
Rob

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 15, 2009
people, this happens all the time. and not just with special needs. children, old people, etc. if you have someone in your life you care about and you absolutely cant be there for yourself you should also buy a nanny cam. and Wickeddreams...i wouldn't beat the care giver, if you are gonna get arrested anyway, kill the female dog!
Chris

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2009
Wow - this supposed caregiver really needs her @$$ beat!
Amanda

Springboro, OH

#8 Sep 15, 2009
I feel deeply for this girl and her mother. The absolute despair that poor girl must have felt when mom went away and this unkind person came and shook her little world! Iím so glad mom got the nanny-cam!! Who knows how long this would have continued and how it might have escaladed. Itís a shame that people like this ďcaregiverĒ somehow slip in on the groups of real CAREgivers and give these wonderful help groups a bad name.

Iím with Wicked & Rob, I would have been hard put to have mercy on the likes of this person.
parent

Zanesville, OH

#9 Sep 15, 2009
Rob wrote:
people, this happens all the time. and not just with special needs. children, old people, etc. if you have someone in your life you care about and you absolutely cant be there for yourself you should also buy a nanny cam. and Wickeddreams...i wouldn't beat the care giver, if you are gonna get arrested anyway, kill the female dog!
I've got your alibi! " I swear Officer SHE DID fall hard enough on that bat to break her neck in 16 places"!!
sulee

Galloway, OH

#10 Sep 15, 2009
From the article: "The caregiver -- who is not being identified because she does not face charges..."

Huh? Why ISN'T she facing charges?
Dumb

Grove City, OH

#11 Sep 15, 2009
She be dead ........
bigdaddyoldman

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 15, 2009
i hope someone catches this woman outside ,,throws a blanket over her head and beats the crap out of her,, two broken legs ,,two broken arms ,,justice would be served
no nonsense53

Columbus, OH

#13 Sep 16, 2009
I know the feeling. when my mother was in the nursing home and with hospise care she was mistreated and not cared for properly. i wonder where do they get these people from and what are the hiring practices.
Blue Collar

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 16, 2009
Honestly.....this poor girl didn't need that. I can just imagine what she went through. Good job by her mom!!
Jenz

Columbus, OH

#15 Sep 16, 2009
bigdaddyoldman wrote:
i hope someone catches this woman outside ,,throws a blanket over her head and beats the crap out of her,, two broken legs ,,two broken arms ,,justice would be served
Then leaves her in a bathtub unable to move... while they take a nap.
another mom

Delaware, OH

#16 Sep 16, 2009
I am in tears thinking about what I just saw. Why do people do things like this? If you are burned out, then move on and get a job doing something else.
Dove

Columbus, OH

#17 Sep 16, 2009
People get these jobs most of the time because there are no background checks or personal references used. I took care of children with special needs and I did it because I love children and I feel bad that some are in this condition. My special needs children always loved me and wanted to be where I was at. I am glad that the mother noticed how her daughter reacted to her caregiver. I think this caregiver should have to face charges for her actions. May God give the Mother and daughter strength and encouragement to carry on. This is very bad to do to anyone's child.
Marcy

Columbus, OH

#18 Sep 16, 2009
WOW, Well with just Jamies actions this is over now, and that woman has probably ruin that child to trust another care giver. My prayers are with Allison and Jamie.
New Lex

Dublin, OH

#19 Sep 16, 2009
I don't see why this person won't be charged. Because if it was you and you did that or smacked your own child who isn't disable, you be in jail with charges on you. I think alot of charges should be filed and she lays in jail for a long time. My prays are with you .
Robert

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 16, 2009
The worst part is it wasn't the story that sickened me the most, it was the comments on here.

People wonder how someone could commit horrid acts like this. We contemplate how a person could be this heartless. It is not that surprising when you read some of the comments on here. In a society that teaches we should beat people to show that beating people is wrong is bound to lead to acts like this. A cruel act is still a cruel act regardless of how it is directed act.

I am not saying the person who did this to an innocent child is in the right and should not be punished. I am merely stating that the aggression and rage people are showing on here towards a stranger shows a severe lack of restraint in those two area of our culture. Screaming about physical abuse to someone that you do not like will only teach your children to do that same regardless of the reasons. I am sure that this person had a parent that screamed about someone getting "what they deserved" in the same manner I am reading on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shasta--what is known and unknown 10 min be kind 147
If America continues to turn on The Holy Bible ... 18 min woopwoopindabutt 16
Kristine Moran 24 min Brittney 35
Starting to change? 25 min Hipst 2
..Keep One~Drop One.. (Oct '13) 26 min Gardenpartyguest 3,555
MPW worker at Kenworth 1 hr Tru dat 27
do you think that it is bad only in chillicothe? 1 hr mexicano 14
Mr Moore arrested again ?? 3 hr Woo-boy 47
Melissa a Speakman OD'd 4 hr ---Tbay--- 12
Best song lyrics ever 8 hr meow 44