Haunted Union cemetery a.k.a. Elizabe...
Casper

United States

#21 Sep 6, 2011
Ghost do exist !!! I am one .....
chilled

United States

#22 Sep 7, 2011
Ewww, that place gives me the eebie jeebies! I've had the cold shifted gust of wind and that was enough for me!

Mike
http://we-need-money.blogspot.com/
dawn c

United States

#23 Oct 16, 2011
Dude I was there and believe me there is no why I'm gonna go back.

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#24 Oct 16, 2011
I would love to have some kind of 'experience' but I have looked at elizabeths grave and everywhere else with no luck.
Geez

Chillicothe, OH

#25 Oct 16, 2011
Went there back in the day a few times. One time my older Brother got the bright idea to pee on a grave. After that the car wouldn't start and all the windows started fogging up except his. Took bout 10 mins for the car to start. Another time my Uncle took pics of some headstones that had been knocked over and "stuff" started happening around the house. Once he got rid of the pics the stuff stopped. Another time we were chased by some people on ATV's
damian

Chillicothe, OH

#26 Oct 18, 2011
Devil worshipers opened a portal by the piled up tombstones...don't hang there at night unless you pray first, it's dangerous.
They used to find all sorts of animal bones at that same spot, used in rituals.

The place is cursed, don't go at night if you don't know what you're doing.

Chillicothe, OH

#27 Oct 18, 2011
Devil worshipers lol. Has anyone actually known any of these "devil worshipers"?
wow

Chillicothe, OH

#28 Oct 19, 2011
elizabeths grave and cry babys tunnel rocks they are awesome places to go to
Racer93

Columbus, OH

#29 Oct 25, 2011
Just visited there last Saturday Oct. 22, 2011. My camera malfuctioned all night, it sounded like a 35mm camera rewinding the film, my camera is digital. My wifes camera did the same thing but she was able to get pictures my were all black. While there my wife and daughter heard movement in the grass around the walnut tree in the back of the cemetary. I heard nothing. She captured many orbs. some of which were red and green mixed while others were green and white. Most of her shots have a glowing hazing effect on the right hand side of them. Once we uploaded to our computer we noticed that this haze on the right side had the same shape but positioned in a different spot of the shots. When you step back about five feet from the screen you noticed that it is an image of a womans face, as though it was following my wife around the cemetary. There's also an image of what looks like a man from the early 1800s resting his foot on the base of a tombstone and has his hand csoosed on the top of a tombstone with his head held down. we did not get a good picture of that tombstone in any other shots so we are planning on returning to see who's grave the man was standing by.
The cemetary feels as though there are spirits hanging around to ward off something evil. I have heard rumor of cult activity close to this grave yard years ago that might have invited some of the evil presense that is there.(red and green orbs are not freindly)
If you venture to any haunted sight always take protection, just carry a small Bible to keep the spirits from going home with you.
damian

Chillicothe, OH

#30 Oct 25, 2011
Racer93 wrote:
Just visited there last Saturday Oct. 22, 2011. My camera malfuctioned all night, it sounded like a 35mm camera rewinding the film, my camera is digital. My wifes camera did the same thing but she was able to get pictures my were all black. While there my wife and daughter heard movement in the grass around the walnut tree in the back of the cemetary. I heard nothing. She captured many orbs. some of which were red and green mixed while others were green and white. Most of her shots have a glowing hazing effect on the right hand side of them. Once we uploaded to our computer we noticed that this haze on the right side had the same shape but positioned in a different spot of the shots. When you step back about five feet from the screen you noticed that it is an image of a womans face, as though it was following my wife around the cemetary. There's also an image of what looks like a man from the early 1800s resting his foot on the base of a tombstone and has his hand csoosed on the top of a tombstone with his head held down. we did not get a good picture of that tombstone in any other shots so we are planning on returning to see who's grave the man was standing by.
The cemetary feels as though there are spirits hanging around to ward off something evil. I have heard rumor of cult activity close to this grave yard years ago that might have invited some of the evil presense that is there.(red and green orbs are not freindly)
If you venture to any haunted sight always take protection, just carry a small Bible to keep the spirits from going home with you.
http://www.ghostsandstories.com/pics-from-gho...

Here is a face photo at the place, I found this on the web. If you notice, it's right above the elizabeth augustus grave (the hole, anyway).

BTW, did you get evps?
Lori

United States

#31 Oct 26, 2011
When I was a kid we went there and we swore we heard stuff but we were just kids lol

Chillicothe, OH

#32 Oct 26, 2011
damian wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a face photo at the place, I found this on the web. If you
Calling that a face is quite a stretch. Go out and take random pictures of a forest when the leaves are in bloom. You will find all kinds of 'faces' from the way the leaves form different patterns, that your mind tries to associate with things (ever look at clouds and try to 'make them out'?)
The Wife

Centerburg, OH

#33 Oct 29, 2011
damian wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a face photo at the place, I found this on the web. If you notice, it's right above the elizabeth augustus grave (the hole, anyway).
BTW, did you get evps?
Damian:

We ventured out there again last night 10/28/2011 and again we have the red and green orbs and white orbs (that look as though they are moving), and also flesh-toned orbs. We took our camcorder, but haven't reviewed the footage yet. In the pictures we have taken, there is a white mist on the right side of my camera, consistant with last weeks photos. I looked at that website you posted, and what is freaky and I will say FREAKY is we have that at night in several of our pictures but it is more clear.

Also, when we were back by the big tree, my husband told us to take a picture right behind him. You can see an orb almost landing on his shoulders and then the next frame it had moved away from him. While walking to the left side of the cemetery where the tomestones lay, my husband got the bright idea to go in and look at them. It got cold and it cold fast as soon as he stepped back in there. We started taking pictures as fast as my camera would, and you can see a face in the white mist in the right of the camera. When he stepped away, the mist disapppeared.

When walking back up towards the front a car was coming down the road. It turned around and stopped at the front of the cemetery. We let them know we were there, but they continued to a grave at the front of the cemetery, placing candles on a gravestone and lighting the candles. At that point knowing what they could be getting ready to do, we continued to our car and left.

There is something there that I cannot put into words. I think there is good and evil. What is odd, it does not mess with my camera (IE by draining the batteries, it just slows the picture taking down. Upon our first and second visit, it is like it follows us females more than it did my husband.

We believe it is not the Elizabeth that hanged herself, it is the other Elizabeth that passed in the 1900s. That is just our opinion.
Damian

Chillicothe, OH

#34 Oct 29, 2011
It seems that people always get orbs under that ceertain branch of the big tree (the branch that kinda faces the tombstone pile, but not exactly.)

It's funny how you phrased that: when Iwas there during the day recently tryint to get evps, I was saying to them that I know some of them are good and some evil (Zach wannabe that I am).

There is some ugly vibe that appears right when you go right by the tombstone pile, not always though.

I think at this point it extremely important that you upload your evidence to a website. From all I have seen, good photos of ghost activity have an uncanny, almost purposeful way of dissappearing, I''ve heared of alot of people have that happen: all the sudden it's not there, for no reason at all. In fact, you should upload everything before viewing it.

A vast collection of cemetery photos (and stories) can be seen at elizabethsgrave.webs.
Damian

Chillicothe, OH

#35 Oct 29, 2011
As soon as you plug your camera to a computer, upload all photos to a folder. Then, go to a file hosting site like megaupload or something and upload the folder to the site.
Or upload them to photobucket or flickr.
Racer93

Centerburg, OH

#36 Oct 29, 2011
Sent photos to the following webpage.

http://www.graveaddiction.com/egrave.html

Check for them to post in the near future.
Damian

Chillicothe, OH

#37 Oct 30, 2011
Looking foreward to seeing what you submitted.

But it's too bad that site owner only updates every 3 months or so. And you can't analize the photos in their actual size of the jpg image (kilobytes) on that site.

On flickr, you can view photos in their actual size, analyze them with the appropriate software, and detect anomalies. I once analyzed a photo of the place someone posted that had a face in it that the person who posted it actually missed.
You don't have a flickr or photobucket acct? It's free.
And, do you know how to use audio analysis/editing software? One good free one is Audacity, and Wavepad has a great 2 week free trial.
Do you think I may contact you somehow?
Racer93

Columbus, OH

#39 Oct 31, 2011
Damian,
send me an email;
[email protected]
Concerned

Chillicothe, OH

#40 Oct 6, 2012
I took a pic of my friend in front of a head stone on a clear night and picked up smoke or fog all around him in the pic that absolutely wasn't there when I took the pic no idea where the pic is now but it always made me wonder wtf was it
Concerned

Chillicothe, OH

#41 Oct 6, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I took a pic of my friend in front of a head stone on a clear night and picked up smoke or fog all around him in the pic that absolutely wasn't there when I took the pic no idea where the pic is now but it always made me wonder wtf was it
was Elizabeth's grave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dayna Gumm (May '15) 7 min Come on 45
Men 30 min Nut Sack 36
Own a "My pillow"? (Dec '12) 37 min Nut Sack 28
The Real Pearl Robinson 44 min Alex Kraft 14
My wife (Aug '15) 55 min John Holmes 21
Other reasons why the cozy was shutdown 59 min Spike General Lee 25
Wreck Monday on RT 23/ Demetrius Powell 1 hr Karma 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chillicothe Mortgages