welfare bums- how do they afford such...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#161 May 7, 2012
for the poor wrote:
tonyd so i guess you are among the strong and smart and i take it also wealthy
Not wealthy. Not even in the middle third. But my pleasures are cheap, so I am "richer" than most.
and the rest of us are weak and stupid or did you say you get a check from the government?
Nope. I didn't say that. There are few stupid people but even fewer weak ones... Most just have to identify and learn to use their strengths.
what are you really? you are probably "down here with the rest of us" if you are so strong and smart why are you complaining?
I didn't say I was strong and smart (I figure I'm about average.... using what I'm smart about to supplement what I'm weak in, and vice versa). Just that the strong and smart will thrive, no matter what you try to do to them. You'll only be shooting yourself in the foot, which is stupid. Penalizing the wealthy only makes things worse for the non-wealthy every time it's been tried.
oh you are perfect that's the reason. and yes i am among the working poor. glad your life is so great and you have the time to degrade other people.
Not degrading, educating. And I have problems just like everyone else, but I don't try to shift the consequences of MY problems onto someone else. I OWN every one of my problems... until it is squashed.
yes poor people have adictions some may have learning disablities,low self-esteem, problems with their self worth, and may become hopeless,
So take it upon yourself to counsel and teach them. Don't just throw (someone else's) money at them.
and sometimes they might sell their foodstamps to get their car fixed or for whatever problem that has arisen.
One who does so should be put in PRISON, just as I would be if I embezzled from my employer because my car broke down (Committing crimes is STUPID, no matter what the reason (or I should say "excuse")).
look beyond your neighbor smarta#%.
My neighbors are smart, hard-working, honest people.
wendy3000

Chillicothe, OH

#162 May 8, 2012
" you could make alot of friends "

There is no way a person with an education would say "alot" or "alllot" or "allotte" instead of "a lot". This is something that is driven home early on in one's academic journey.

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

#163 May 8, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text> you can tell by my writing that i m uneducated? but yet you spelled meat instead of meet . smh . you are assuming i draw a check ? get outta here with that . you assume too much . if i read every post you ve writen on topixs i d be here for a month . you are always trolling around on here . is there a thread that doesn t have "classytrashy " on here ? don t yo have a facebook ? you could make alot of friends over there and not be a miserable person you come off as.

Have you never heard the old adage “making ends meat”? Its “meat” as what you consume. Not “meet” as in you are just meeting someone. This saying came around during the great depression. It was a reference to what cut of “meat” a poor person could afford to buy. Of course the end of the meat is cheapest so that is where the saying came from.
I do not write on every forum on this site. I may post on seven or eight threads this includes the news threads. However I could post on everyone if I felt inclined to do so, it’s really none of your business.
truedat

Chillicothe, OH

#164 May 8, 2012
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody was talking about "everyone" and I believe most of us made that clear. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't try to put it on.
You're a d ick
truedat

Chillicothe, OH

#165 May 8, 2012
Lost in my own Mind wrote:
I get so tired of seeing the children going around all dirty from not getting a bath, wearing same dirty clothes day in an day out. Mommy walking around nail an hair done, expensive clothes, driving a nice car. Something is wrong with this picture.
Also the children not being paid any attention too. There is so many sick ppl in this world... WATCH YOUR CHILD!!!!
I go to school an have a job. My nails aren't done or hair done all the time. I don't have a big screen tv nor do I have cable, or a car. No medical insurance an I am a diabetic.
Then they still complain about their lives. FOR REAL!!!!
Get a job or go educate yourself, stop having babies, or using your child's money an food stamps for drugs or what ever you want.
When my kids were younger they are the ones who got the new things. I just started doing things for myself about 2 yrs ago, an still do for my kids an now my grandson... Even though they have their own lives an moved out. That's a parent.. Not just having a child...
Why are you so sure that these women you see on welfare? Most of the women I know who look and act like that have jobs and...surprise! They're still trash.
Provider

Warrenville, SC

#166 May 8, 2012
for the poor wrote:
because the richer you are the more power you have, the more power you have the more opportunities you can take advantage of. meanwhile the poorer you are the less power you have, the less power you have the less leverage you have to be given what you deserve. the rich have the power to take advantage of the poor and thus increase their standing by decreasing the standing of those who can not afford to lose the crumbs they are given
Nope sorry the poor and the rich have more opportunities in life than the middle class. My parents (both with high school diplomas) worked full time when I was growing up. We weren't dirt poor but we did not have any of the finer things in life. If I wanted clothes that didn't come from Kmart I had to work for them. If I wanted a car and gas money and money to go our with friends I worked for it. Farm work, yard work, manual labor. I did that from about 12 on up. I worked in the tomato fields almost every summer until I left for college. My parents made just enough money that I didn't qualify for any government grants or income based scholarships. I did earn a few achievement scholarships but they didn't pay my entire undergrad bill. I had to take loans out for all my education. Loans which I'll be paying back for 30 years. My student loan repayment is more than most people's mortgage payment in Chillicothe. I've served my country in the military and I continue to succeed all because I've worked hard. Trust me I have sacrificed a lot. No children. I put off getting married to have my career. I just bought my first brand new car two years ago (first car I has bought in 10 years!) and I still don't own a home. I could really use the extra money I use for loan repayments or a tax refund (which I haven't gotten in over 10 years I actually pay income tax because I make too much).

Now let's see if my parents were rich I would have no bills except mortgage and car payments. My school would have been completely paid for by mom and dad. If I was poor or my parents were lazy welfare abusers or I had popped a kid out at 16 I would have gotten:
- free tuition to any state school
- free daycare for my child while I attended school
- my books would have been covered by grants
- my housing in college would have been had dirt cheap because it would have been subsidized by the government
- I would have had awesome medical coverage for free all through school (Medicaid) I had no medical insurance except for catastrophic plans
- I would have had food stamps to feed myself instead of living off ramen noodles and spaghetti

So I think you're wrong. The poor have many more opportunities than the middle class. Unfortunately most don't use the paths and opportunities to get themselves out the poverty lifestyle because it requires a little effort.
forcryinoutloud

Chillicothe, OH

#167 May 8, 2012
I'm SO sick of listening to people bit*$ about "my tax dollars...my tax dollars!". You're little tax dollars are definitely not paying for all the things you assume they are. Your "tax dollars" are barely enough to cover the price of a meal...so get off your high horses.
Welfare, like anything else in America, is, of course abused at times. More often Fha not in this town it would seem. Get over it! You have to pay taxes. The government does what they want with them...no matter what piddly little website you want to cry to that day. Not happy? See which other country might be right for you. In America, we hall people. Not sure what happened to that but all the crying around about it is old.
TonyD2 - you sound like such a bitter man! What happened to you to make you so angry all the time? Breaking down everything someone says and analyzing it when you don't agree? Does that make you feel superior? If so, congrats. Your work here is done. Ill pray for you and hope to God you are never in a situation that requires YOU to ask for help.
I'm very sure that being the "intellectual" that you are you will have an awesome comeback to "put me in my place". But I don't come back that often so ill save you the trouble and just anticipate it...ready?
You sure told me.
Excuse errors I'm on a phone.
Provider

Warrenville, SC

#168 May 8, 2012
Oh forthepoor here is the brooks article I was talking about where the study shows republicans give more to charity than democrats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21k...
forcryinoutloud

Chillicothe, OH

#169 May 8, 2012
for the poor wrote:
provider you are in there with tonyd you think you are perfect too. you make a great pair.
My sentiments exactly. What worries me is that "Provider" is probably either a doctor or a dentist. Imagine...if that's true...then how does he treat the people he despises so?
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#170 May 8, 2012
you know what makes me sick is the people on here that get their jollies from judging other people. they actually get some kind of sick pleasure from it. i thought only God can be the judge. of course they will respond and be in denial but they are the ones that have low self-esteem. when you degrade and put other people down you are trying to set yourself above others so you can feel better about yourself. these are not nice people or else they would not be on here saying the things they do. they are bored and miserable within their sevles. they will say they are happy but we know different don't we? they tell on themselves with their words of criticism. as you may notice it is all about them. i do this, i do that,i, i, i. why can't you be like me. some even call themselves a teacher. a teacher of what? be like you? i don't think so. so get off your high-horse you are not as smart as you think you are. HA!!
tbay

Chillicothe, OH

#171 May 8, 2012
for the poor wrote:
you know what makes me sick is the people on here that get their jollies from judging other people. they actually get some kind of sick pleasure from it. i thought only God can be the judge. of course they will respond and be in denial but they are the ones that have low self-esteem. when you degrade and put other people down you are trying to set yourself above others so you can feel better about yourself. these are not nice people or else they would not be on here saying the things they do. they are bored and miserable within their sevles. they will say they are happy but we know different don't we? they tell on themselves with their words of criticism. as you may notice it is all about them. i do this, i do that,i, i, i. why can't you be like me. some even call themselves a teacher. a teacher of what? be like you? i don't think so. so get off your high-horse you are not as smart as you think you are. HA!!
I completely disagree with everything you have said. From my experience, people who tell it like it is deserve to be commended for such honesty, and morals. The topic on here was about people on welfare, and how they afford such nice things. For those of us that get up and bust our ass everyday to come on this thread and say that it DOESN'T bother us would just be a straight up damn lie! In my opinion, birds of a feather flock together, so I'm taking it that your one of the one's that doesn't work, or provide for your family. Just keeping it real with ya. If you're so damn concerned with the judging of others, why don't you take a look at yourself. Did you just not judge someone else? Just saying.
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#172 May 8, 2012
check out how many I's are in what Provider has to say. told you so

Chillicothe, OH

#173 May 8, 2012
forcryinoutloud wrote:
<quoted text>
My sentiments exactly. What worries me is that "Provider" is probably either a doctor or a dentist. Imagine...if that's true...then how does he treat the people he despises so?
I believe "Provider" is a she and I think (not positive) she is a nurse practictioner. A nurse who has the schooling to write prescriptions and see patients for minor aliments and going over discharge orders with a patiences. These type of nurses are invaluable for keeping cost down for patients. What she writes on here is her own feelings and opinion she has that right. Where her job is concerned she most likely is professional and kind. Most people do not spend the time or the money to just do this type of job. They do it because they care about others and are good hearted people. She is NOT saying all people receiving assistance are worthless. Why is it so hard for you all to comprehend this? After what she sees day in and day out you should cut her some slack. I personal think she has brought up good points within this debate.
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#174 May 8, 2012
there are no docters or anyone with high paying jobs on here. they wouldn't waste their time talking to these creeps."GET A LIFE CREEP OOOOS"

Chillicothe, OH

#175 May 8, 2012
for the poor wrote:
I agree that God will be the one that judges us. Why is it that you think it is sickening to debate and throw out other options to help others get a leg up? No one is saying all poor people are worthless, but there are those who make a living off the backs of hard working people. Is it you don't believe this to be true? I do not believe anyone is downgrading anyone they are giving there own opinions as to how they see thing just as you are doing. I am very happy in my life, but I am only a teacher to my children. It is my duty to guide them in the right direction and make sure they are hardworking, law abiding citizens. In my opinion that is what a parent is supposed to do. If you live off welfare and are not trying to better yourself what are you teaching your child? That it is okay not to go to school after high school or go into the military to make a life for yourself. You lead by example children are what they live, see, and feel. It is up to you to help them better themselves.
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#176 May 8, 2012
tbay you call it honesty and moral i call it hateful. where you get it that they afford such nice things. what i have heard on here is trivial. yes I WORK. i guess you will be up there sitting next to God also. we are all just trying to survive. like i said before if you think someone has more than you go sell some weed and buy that extra something you are so envious of.
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#177 May 8, 2012
no better yet tbay sell some weed and get your nails and hair done B$$ch!!
tbay

Chillicothe, OH

#178 May 8, 2012
for the poor wrote:
tbay you call it honesty and moral i call it hateful. where you get it that they afford such nice things. what i have heard on here is trivial. yes I WORK. i guess you will be up there sitting next to God also. we are all just trying to survive. like i said before if you think someone has more than you go sell some weed and buy that extra something you are so envious of.
Good advice, NOT. I'd rather work doubles before selling drugs. Period.
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#179 May 8, 2012
classycrazy you are not helping anyone by being on here. your opinions are nothing but criticism. you don't think people on welfare know about options and are not trying to better themselves. people are not perfect and we all have our downfalls. you get a gov. ck and are so afraid you will be put in the same catagory and judged along w/ the same people you are critizing so now you want to be the GREAT ADVISOR and MOTHER TO ALL. get off your a$$ and if you see someone in need, help them. you will feel better about yourself. you probably have a pretty big a$$ from sitting on it all day long on all of these forums.
for the poor

Chillicothe, OH

#180 May 8, 2012
and i have the right to my opinions also. i just think differently than you ppl. you can not think beyond yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I voted for Donald Tump 5 min Window Lickers Union 142
Backpage 1 hr Happy Henry 34
Stephen Spencer (Thief) 1 hr Lame 13
John Doss 1 hr GetALife 6
Stephanie horsely repost 1 hr Gumballhead 1
Satanic bible and satanism 3 hr joanna50 72
Priorities people!! 5 hr Amy 5

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance