Two dead in ambulance crash

Two dead in ambulance crash

There are 226 comments on the Chillicothe Gazette story from Mar 14, 2012, titled Two dead in ambulance crash. In it, Chillicothe Gazette reports that:

A crash on Hospital Road near Delano Road killed ambulance driver Cody King, 21, of Chillicothe, and Barbra McWhorter, of Chillicothe, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chillicothe Gazette.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
kara

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Mar 14, 2012
Horrible loss

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2 Mar 14, 2012
kara wrote:
Horrible loss
Actually, most people would say that his death saved the taxpayer's the expense of a negligent homicide trial. The civil trials against the ambulance operator and the estate of the decedent driver will be interesting, though.
Wondering

Chillicothe, OH

#3 Mar 14, 2012
My deepest symphony to all of the victims of this tragedy but if a sharp lawyer looks into the way this company dispatches their ambulances OUT OF COLUMBUS, they'll find a lot of problems with scheduling and see that the drivers are ALWAYS behind schedule. It's only a guess that the drivers are being pressured to make up the time. I know from personal experience that they this company has a lot of problems making ANY scheduled appointments and non-scheduled transports are left hanging until they can get to it. Sometimes it is late in the evening for transports that were scheduled early in the morning. It would be interesting to know what time the patient was scheduled to be at her appointment and how far behind she was at the time of the accident. The families of everyone involved will recieve large and quick settlements on this one but money will not sooth the hurt from the loss of families loved ones.
Corky

Van Wert, OH

#4 Mar 14, 2012
Two people lost their lives here and you people are sounding lke a bunch of money grubbers....and you richard are eat up with ignorance.

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2012
I would say he was moving at a pretty good clip if he slammed on the brakes and was still going fast enough to cause that much damage to the ambulance.

A terrible incident that could have easily been avoided, especially since they were not transporting an emergency
kara

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Mar 14, 2012
He was on a schedule! It is not his fault this happened and if it was he's dead now so he got what was Coming right??! His fault or not! He didn't deserve 2 day! His family reads this and it will be reported as cyber bullying which is against the law in ohio!
Jennifer

Memphis, TN

#11 Mar 15, 2012
My cousin lost his life today. Who the hell cares what time the appointment was scheduled for. I drive 2 Lane Highways all the time, and if someone decides to turn and you looked away for just a short minute, you will be hitting the brakes with a quickness. The fact that the ambulette (As some jackass in a prior report had to make clear that this wasn't an ambulance, wtf cares) is a large, heavy vehicle. It doesn't quite stop like your Honda Civic.
A lot of things in this world could of been avoided, but does talking a bunch of shit make it go away? The impact would not have done as much damage if it was not for the lumber on the truck that when through the windshield and hit the victims in the head.
Moving at a pretty good clip huh? My cousin is not out of Columbus, he is from Chillicothe, so why would he drive to Columbus and then take a patient to Chillicothe? I haven't confirmed that nor do I GAF.
Unless you have something nice to say, keep it to yourself. Cody never, NEVER, touched drugs and alcohol, he has always been a good kid. He had a dream of becoming a fire fighter, and it was his world to make sure he knew what was going on in surrounding areas if his services could ever be needed. Seriously. That's enough. RIP CODY AND BARB ;(
random

Lancaster, OH

#12 Mar 15, 2012
Weird you say he never touched drugs or alchy lol cause all his posts on his facebook wall talk about "loving his co workers for being his DD" lol theres 2 posts talking about him being trashed.
Jennifer

Memphis, TN

#13 Mar 15, 2012
@ Random, I didn't mean he never touched alcohol, who the heck hasn't. I guess I should state, he was a good kid with a good heart. Drugs def not and he was not an alcoholic or anything. Nice You must be perfect. Oh, well, I'm not, and actually you would be the first perfect person I've ever heard from, to congrats to you mr/mrs RANDOM.
Jennifer

Memphis, TN

#14 Mar 15, 2012
@ did you notice that he was asked if he was going out that night and he stated that he would have to find a D.D. I mean really dude. When I was his age, I wasn't looking for a D.D. He had his shit straight, so stop hatin
random

Lancaster, OH

#15 Mar 15, 2012
Well next time you shouldnt state something when you know its not true. Just bc you're an idiot and drove drunk doesnt mean everyone else does.
Jennifer

Memphis, TN

#16 Mar 15, 2012
Who cares you won't even reveal yourself coward

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Mar 15, 2012
Not sure how you turned my post into something it wasn't?? I feel bad for all involved. It was a terrible accident, and just that, an ACCIDENT.

Calm down. And good luck on anyone's "cyberbullying" lawsuit lol

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Mar 15, 2012
Jennifer- In one post you blame the size of the vehicle, the other vehicle and the load on the back of the other vehicle. The sooner you stop looking for someone else to blame, the sooner you can start healing.

No one left their house that day planning to hurt that kid. Blaming everyone and everything else is just going to make things worse, as you are discovering
Jennifer

Memphis, TN

#19 Mar 15, 2012
I am not blaming anyone or anything for the crash, I am setting the record straight that there other factors involved other than just that its the drivers fault he was speeding. Thanks for the grief counseling though. I really need that input to help me.

My statements are that I miss my loved one. Blaming my cousin, the driver, for his faults, he was on human as all of us our. We all make mistakes in life. I am trying to just clear up the record that Cody King, the driver of the ambulette, was a good person, with a good heart, and would never put anyone's life in danger on purpose. So attack me if you must. I still miss my cuz and really, I was just kidding, your grief counseling didn't really help me, but I am a strong person and I think I got this. Thanks though!

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Mar 15, 2012
Sorry but this accident is cut and dry. I don't know if this young man was in a hurry, because he was running behind or was distracted by something. This accident was caused by him and only him. We ALL have been distracted by something while driving and sometimes when we drive long distances or are constantly running back and forth we become fatigued and complacent. This was a huge tragedy for those families that lost there love ones, but it does not give anyone to blame anyone else other then the driver of that squad. May God bless those families that lost their family and God bless Carl Derth the driver of the Carter truck. I am sure this is tearing him up inside as well.

Since: May 10

United States

#21 Mar 15, 2012
I also read where the ambulance driver had NO license to drive!!! Is this true? If so, why was he allowed to be driving an ambulance of all things?
Jennifer

Memphis, TN

#22 Mar 15, 2012
That statement was later taken back as the guy who had a previous dui and no license was a different Cody king, a little younger than the subject driver. And I do realize, I should probably no longer follow this, as I guess the facts that are that it was my cousins fault, I guess I will just have to deal with that. But he did have a valid license and no previous dui. I am so sorry to Barbara's family. My heart goes out to them as well
Laura

Columbus, OH

#23 Mar 15, 2012
no, he had his license. i don't know where you read that, but he did have his license and honestly this post should be deleted. jennifer lost her cousin, kara lost a friend, and i lost my boyfriend. nothing is to blame. and if you want to know the truth, they think brakes may have been a factor. people need to grow up! if you didn't know cody, then get the f.ck off because the family doesn't need this right now.
kara

Chillicothe, OH

#24 Mar 15, 2012
random wrote:
Weird you say he never touched drugs or alchy lol cause all his posts on his facebook wall talk about "loving his co workers for being his DD" lol theres 2 posts talking about him being trashed.
cody was a dd for ppl! So what if the boy had drank or not! He saved lives everyday! Wait till my dad here's about this site! He will have it terminated!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Better get your AR-15 now 3 min Gonnagetcha 92
Billy Graham is dead 1 hr joanna50 4
Anyone know anything about a girl named Amanda ... 1 hr almostfuckedher 9
Tire shop massieville 3 hr bullshat 23
Germanic Mutts 4 hr Scrotus_maximus 4
Hunting with AR-15 in OHIO 5 hr 2nd Ammendment Al 12
Glatfelter Being Sold? 5 hr Dudley Doright 41
Gonnagetcha 12 hr Hall of Fame 458

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web