Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Judged:

Well I just want to say I had a problem with the service department. It seems my car had something strange going on and it was difficult to get to the bottom of. It took quite a bit longer and more money of course to fix it. I contacted Bart and he listened and acted very professional. I got my car back and so far so good. I would like to say Andrew in the service department is great. I know this isn't what you thought it would be. Life is not perfect but it's Great !! Herrnstein's isn't perfect either but this time they were Great !!
LivinInColumbusN ow

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Judged:

I too have had only good response from Herrnsteins. We've purchased 3 new cars and 2 used cars in the last 10 years from the dealership behind Lowes and the new Hyundai site up 23. To be sure, a couple of the cars had issues pop up, but the dealership promptly took care of the problems. Once, when they couldn't repair the car as quickly as they had anticipated, they loaned me a car, a new model year car at that, for a couple of days to minimize my inconvenience. I'm sorry to hear others have had bad experiences with them, but I for one, will keep going back to Herrnsteins because they've always done right by me and I have been given no reason to believe they won't continue doing so.
myopinion

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

will NEVER shop there.
Zeek

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

They will not fix anything. A complete joke. Stay away from Herrnsteins. I went to make another appointment for my vehicle. It had a few things still wrong with it. The same things as the previous appointment. The same things that they wouldnt fix the first time. The lady at the desk was into it with other customers.(arguing) They where not happy people. After they stomped out mad as hell, it was my turn. My front winshield was leaking and I had several mechanical issues. The lady preceded to tell me that getting an appointment with the glass company that they use may take a couple of weeks. I told her that thats fine but what about the mechanical issues. She told me that she couldnt make an appointment for my vehicle until she got ahold of the glass company that they use. The mechanical issues needed attention right away. She didnt care. She said that I would have to wait til next Monday when she could contact the glass company. I said lets just forget about the glass and pretend I didnt say anything about the glass. NOW, can I get an appointment for my vehicle. Guess what she said. She told me she would have to wait until Monday when she could contact the glass company. WOW! I just walked out in amazement. Its really funny!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Zeek wrote:
They will not fix anything. A complete joke. Stay away from Herrnsteins. I went to make another appointment for my vehicle. It had a few things still wrong with it. The same things as the previous appointment. The same things that they wouldnt fix the first time. The lady at the desk was into it with other customers.(arguing) They where not happy people. After they stomped out mad as hell, it was my turn. My front winshield was leaking and I had several mechanical issues. The lady preceded to tell me that getting an appointment with the glass company that they use may take a couple of weeks. I told her that thats fine but what about the mechanical issues. She told me that she couldnt make an appointment for my vehicle until she got ahold of the glass company that they use. The mechanical issues needed attention right away. She didnt care. She said that I would have to wait til next Monday when she could contact the glass company. I said lets just forget about the glass and pretend I didnt say anything about the glass. NOW, can I get an appointment for my vehicle. Guess what she said. She told me she would have to wait until Monday when she could contact the glass company. WOW! I just walked out in amazement. Its really funny!
I certainly can't speak to your problems. Sounds like you are having serious problems, but I am one of the people who've never had problems with the dealer. They've worked on my cars for years and years and have always done right by me. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
Wally Gator

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Norse is really bad. Went in for a warranty problem and came away with over $500.00 in estimates for UNNEEDED repairs. Went to two other mechanics and they could not find the problems Norse said existed and, even if there was a problem, would fix it for a quarter of what Norse wanted. One mechanic made the repairs to a customer's vehicle that Norse said was needed and saved that customer almost $600.00 in parts and labor over Norse's estimate. The mechanic even told the customer that many of the repairs were not needed but the customer insisted that they be completed. Worse yet, when the customer went back to Norse about two months later with another warranty problem, Norse still claimed that most of the repairs still needed to be made.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

What does this have to do with Herrnstein's ???
Nourse Fan

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Wally Gator wrote:
Norse is really bad. Went in for a warranty problem and came away with over $500.00 in estimates for UNNEEDED repairs. Went to two other mechanics and they could not find the problems Norse said existed and, even if there was a problem, would fix it for a quarter of what Norse wanted. One mechanic made the repairs to a customer's vehicle that Norse said was needed and saved that customer almost $600.00 in parts and labor over Norse's estimate. The mechanic even told the customer that many of the repairs were not needed but the customer insisted that they be completed. Worse yet, when the customer went back to Norse about two months later with another warranty problem, Norse still claimed that most of the repairs still needed to be made.
Maybe it's the mechanic who works there. Sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing or he is giving high prices so they will go somewhere else and he won't have to work on the car.
Wally Gator

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Nourse Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's the mechanic who works there. Sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing or he is giving high prices so they will go somewhere else and he won't have to work on the car.
Anyone willing to pay over $200.00 to replace a fan belt including $20.00 just to throw it away which they call "recycling"? I have the repair estimate and my mechanic has asked for a copy so he can frame it in his shop. He'll change the same belt for a maximum of $50.00 (parts and labor). It's just a rip off.
Wally Gator

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Judged:

Wow wrote:
What does this have to do with Herrnstein's ???
Nothing, but wanted to show that all dealerships are out to rip you off. You would think that they would want their auto repair to do a great job for a fair price so it would put more people in their showrooms wondering around while their cars were being repaired. A great experience with a repair would also also make me feel much better about buying a vehicle from the same dealership. Otherwise, I'm going North for a better selection and a much better deal than I will ever see in Chillicothe. My family was a loyal buyer for the old McCallister dealership, than they went to the big city high pressure tactics. If I'm going to play the game, I may as well play the game in a dealership that has what I am looking for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chillicothe Forum right now

Search the Chillicothe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police investigation 12 min Yup. 15
Roger Jones and wife (Feb '13) 41 min net kay 11
Jeramy karshner 53 min PLZ 13
Dirty Bitch taking Walts house 57 min On stand by 32
Prosecutors say woman faked illnesses, took $21... 1 hr Truth--Hurts 17
anyone kno Terri Stewart 1 hr no one carez 3 1
Lisa Ragland (married to Aaron) 1 hr Whore45601 18
•••
•••