Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

ace of bass wrote:
low morals ay? bad men trampy wifes = ass beatings all low lifes dont Ever hear yaples orchard resident getting wife beat.. strictley for low class peasants who income is well under 30k year
They own a business, bro. They are bankin and he's always made a killin.
cowardice knows no bounds

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

Income doesn't matter, 9 out of 10 times it is a jealousy / control issue.
IMHO no "man" would lay a hand on a woman in anger, if so they have a lot of growing up to do.
TJones

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Domestic Violence does not just affect the victim...it affects the family, friends, co-workers and the community. It is not everyone elses problem it is ours and it should not be joked about as though it is not an important subject. Peoples lives are taken due to domestic violence...children raised in an environment of abuse often become abusers or will allow themselves to be abused as adults and are more likely to make negative life choices. Please realize that men, women and children are all victims of domestic violence.

http://www.aardvarc.org/dv/sepviolence.shtml
Many, perhaps most, people believe that domestic violence victims will be safe if they could just leave an abuser. They also believe that victims are free to leave abusers at any time, and will naturaly do so once the level of violence becomes "enough" to force that change. However, leaving does not usually put an end to the violence. Instead, it actually INCREASES existing dynamics of violence and can INITIATE new levels of violence and new forms of retaliation from the abuser to the victim; trying to force them to stay with threats of GREATER violence, legal retaliation ("I'll get the kids in court"), up to and including lashing out with physical violence against third parties, such as the children themselves, pets, etc. In fact, many abusers believe that the victim "belongs" to them, and that as such, they are fully justified in doing whatever it takes to make sure that "their property" remains theirs.(Saudners & Browne, 1990; Dutton, 1988; Bernard el at, 1982)
Battered women seek medical attention for injuries sustained as a consequence of domestic violence significantly more often AFTER separation than while still living with the abuser; about 75% of the visits to emergency rooms by battered women occur after separation (Stark and Flitcraft, 1988).
About 75% of the calls to law enforcement for intervention and assistance in domestic violence occur after separation from batterers. One study revealed that half of the homicides of female spouses and partners were committed by men after separation from batterers (Barbara Hart, Remarks to the Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect, April 1992)
Because leaving may be dangerous--dangerous from the point that the batterer learns that the relationship may end --does not mean that the victim should say. Cohabiting with the batterer is highly dangerous both as violence usually increases in frequency and severity over time and as a batterer may engage in preemptive strikes, fearing abandonment or anticipating separation even before the victim reaches such a decision. Although leaving may pose additional hazards, at least in the short run, the research data demonstrates that ultimately victims can best achieve safety and freedom apart from the batterer.
Leaving will require strategic planning and legal intervention to avert separation violence and to safeguard vicLow self esteem and feelings of shame.
TJones

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Domestic Violence does not have 1 victim...it affects the family, friends and the whole community.

When we think of Domestic Violence we always think of women but men are often victims of domestic violence too. Men are less likely to talk about it and rarely will report it. In the years that I worked as an advocate here...we only served 4 men. I do know that it does happen more frequently than that but there is a different perception of dv against men.

Nearly three out of four (74%) of Americans personally know someone who is or has been a victim of domestic violence.

www.mocadsv.org

MCADSV-Our History...
In the early 1970s, domestic violence didn’t even have a name, let alone a legal identity.

Rape within a marriage was legal—not considered a crime until the mid-1990s. Abusive men were allowed to terrorize their wives and girlfriends—with no legal remedy to force them to stop. Law enforcement had no legal grounds to remove an abusive man from the home of his children and wife. Women who wanted to leave were forced to choose between their own safety and life with their children. Domestic violence was viewed by many as a “family matter” and as something that should be sorted out between a husband and his wife. There were no shelters for battered women in Missouri, no rape crisis centers, no hotlines, no task forces, no Coalition

Our History
In the early 1970s, domestic violence didn’t even have a name, let alone a legal identity.

Rape within a marriage was legal—not considered a crime until the mid-1990s. Abusive men were allowed to terrorize their wives and girlfriends—with no legal remedy to force them to stop. Law enforcement had no legal grounds to remove an abusive man from the home of his children and wife. Women who wanted to leave were forced to choose between their own safety and life with their children. Domestic violence was viewed by many as a “family matter” and as something that should be sorted out between a husband and his wife. There were no shelters for battered women in Missouri, no rape crisis centers, no hotlines, no task forces, no Coalition...WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY.

Often those in abusive relationships feel that they have attracted a batterer or they may have developed a "pattern" of getting into relationships with partners who hurt, degrade, humiliate, hit or otherwise abuse them. Over time the repeated insults, threats, put downs and verbal trashing from their partners wears away at the mental energy to fight back or to keep up a positive image of oneself. Shame traps many victims, having a pervasive influence on the self, relationships with others, and emotional experiences (shame as emotional abuse).
TJones

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Low self esteem and feelings of shame.
Often those in abusive relationships feel that they have attracted a batterer or they may have developed a "pattern" of getting into relationships with partners who hurt, degrade, humiliate, hit or otherwise abuse them. Over time the repeated insults, threats, put downs and verbal trashing from their partners wears away at the mental energy to fight back or to keep up a positive image of oneself. Shame traps many victims, having a pervasive influence on the self, relationships with others, and emotional experiences (shame as emotional abuse).
Believes that no one will be able to help resolve the predicament and goes through cycles of assistance
Sometimes this belief is based on information planted by the abuser who might convince a victim that if assistance is sought, the abuser will know. They may claim to have friends "inside" the police department or courts or threaten additional violence or even death if they find out that the victim has been trying to get help. Other times, victims may have concrete ideas about what assistance they would need to escape - then when they don't find that specific setup, they become convinced that their situation is hopeless. For those trying to help victims, it is vital that even when a victim turns down help or doesn't seem interested, that information and options continue to be presented at every opportunity. Victims often have entire laundry lists of problems and fears that make them reluctant to try to escape abuse - the more of these you can help to address, the more hope becomes accessible to the victim who might:
Refuse help by:
•Making excuses/"can't fit it into my schedule"
•Disposing of help from others (brochures/books/referrals)
•Avoiding those trying to help (friends/family/etc.)
Consider help by:
•Calling a shelter or hotline for information
•Checking a website for information
•Writing down phone numbers and keeping them handy (informal safety planning)
Seek help by:
•approaching friends
•approaching relatives
•approaching clergy
•getting help from a shelter or social service agency
•getting away, even for a little while (like going to a motel)
Myke Sines

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

i love beating on my bytches!
TJones

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Domestic Violence is something that noone thinks much of...it is their problem, don't get involved, she likes it, she deserves it because..., he is _____ and ____ so he needs his a** beat once in awhile and so many other stupid and judgemental comments I have heard over the years. Things like just making sure she knows her place, verbal abuse such as calling names or belittling someone, and so much more all take a toll on the victim and those around because it hurts and it hurts to see it. Sexual violence is another issue...No is No and it does not matter if you are married or not or if she is your girlfriend, any means of forcing compliance is wrong whether it is financial or physical or even the mind games. This is not a joke, besides the emotional damage that is caused, the physical and the consequences of domestic violence cannot be tolerated. Lives depend on it.
Myke Sines

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

thats because your a stupid bytch, if you learned to listen stuff like that wouldnt happen
F- Five

Brookfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Myke Sines we know you are trying to get some attention and its ok. To bad your ignorance is so apparent. What a shame you have such low self esteem that you have to lash out in such a negative manner. M- pay no attention to his comment his stupidity shines through so we have to take that into consideration here.
ladeeda

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

F- Five wrote:
Myke Sines we know you are trying to get some attention and its ok. To bad your ignorance is so apparent. What a shame you have such low self esteem that you have to lash out in such a negative manner. M- pay no attention to his comment his stupidity shines through so we have to take that into consideration here.
Thank you! Myke Sines is obviously a low-life with absolutely no self worth and for someone to claim that they take pride in beating women, or anyone for that matter, should be seriously evaluated!
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dam say it dont spray it T Jones. Necessary to write a book on here? Made my eyes bleed. Did it ever say in court what the girl did to deserve the beating? Usually there is a reason, like she didnt make the bed, or cook, or mow the lawn, change the oil in the car, build a fence, cut the husbands hair, brush his teeth for him, or cut his toe nails etc..
Mary

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I know of women that will make things up on a guy just because things didn't go her way. I think its sad how the Law works they take the women side no matter what. I know of women that knows how the Law works. Takes that to their advantage then gets the male for a domestic violence that the male has never done. I have women telling me how easy it is and it makes me sick. They abuse the system so they can get back at their ex and wanting people to feel sorry for them. The saddest thing is the male will plead out because their taking a big chance getting more time if you take it to jury trail. Im a woman and im telling you how it is.
Anal Andy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I think women should have to wear burkas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chillicothe Forum right now

Search the Chillicothe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 min Old Guy 29,118
wet panties (Dec '12) 21 min firecracker 118
buddy rider who is he 21 min Cuz 12
april h. huebner 33 min karen 9
online gazette 1 hr Der fuehrer 7
Add a word, Drop a word (Jan '13) 1 hr 40ish 1,310
Shawnee valley campground 1 hr Yaker63 42
Chance Copp 3 hr Whore45601 28
Hair salon run by 23-year-old to open Aug. 1 6 hr bobby 26
•••
•••
•••
•••