United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36120659/ns/healt...

Bad behavior in schools everywhere. Even in our own local schools. Kids are very cruel at times and the lasting emotinal effect it has is painful.

Bullies definitly need to be dealt with in a swift manner. When I was a student bullies were everywhere and nothing was ever done except the occasional after school fight. Most of the time parents knew nothing about it nor did the teachers. And I believe it is still that way today.
R Brown

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Thanks to Ride the Wave for starting this topic. Bullying just burns me up. Who the Hell do these coddled overindulged spoiled brats think they are?

Are they the rich kids? Are they the sports jocks?
What is the point of bullying? Is it a coverup for feelings of inferiority?

Maybe we need to bring back the real "board" of education.
Erik

Carrollton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Mr. Brown, why would you categorize a potential bully as a rich kid or a sports jock? Why stereotype an entire category of youth like that?
R Brown

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Erik wrote:
Mr. Brown, why would you categorize a potential bully as a rich kid or a sports jock? Why stereotype an entire category of youth like that?
I asked questions. I did not accuse any group. Who are the kids responsible for bullying? What would be the reason for bullying? An unstable homelife? To compensate for lack of self-esteem? I am just seeking enlightenment on this subject.

No major concern. Let's just concentrate on the important things like the Final Four.
Erik

Carrollton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

R Brown wrote:
<quoted text>I asked questions. I did not accuse any group. Who are the kids responsible for bullying? What would be the reason for bullying? An unstable homelife? To compensate for lack of self-esteem? I am just seeking enlightenment on this subject.
No major concern. Let's just concentrate on the important things like the Final Four.
I just found it interesting you questioned if it were rich kids or athletes, you didn't question if it were poor kids or minorities or anything else, only rich or athletes.

I was bullied in school. He was an African American that was poor with a chip on his shoulder and had no interest in learning. He dropped out at 16 and the last I heard he was in prison after being found guilty of selling drugs.
Ride The Wave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Bullys are dispicable, but, I've also learned that when the kids are bullies, they are usually being bullied at home or by someone else. Kids mimic their parents, and sometimes people are just downright mean.

Adult bullies have low self esteem most of the time, they have to compensate for other "short" comings. They are miserable people that make sure, you and everyone else around him/her are just as miserable as they.

The girl bullies are absolutly relentless, by far the worst. They think that because they are girls they can get away with it.

Whether you agree with me or not these are just my opinions.
Erik

Carrollton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

good insight, Ride the Wave. I think there is a lot of truth in what you say.

Since: Nov 09

Kansas City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

I was bullied in school and I turned out just fine!
R Brown

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Ride The Wave wrote:
Bullys are dispicable, but, I've also learned that when the kids are bullies, they are usually being bullied at home or by someone else. Kids mimic their parents, and sometimes people are just downright mean.
Adult bullies have low self esteem most of the time, they have to compensate for other "short" comings. They are miserable people that make sure, you and everyone else around him/her are just as miserable as they.
The girl bullies are absolutly relentless, by far the worst. They think that because they are girls they can get away with it.
Whether you agree with me or not these are just my opinions.
Right on target. Thanks
R Brown

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

Johnn wrote:
I was bullied in school and I turned out just fine!
Me too. I've had a limp since 5th grade. "Hey Gimpy Ha Ha. But see how wonderful I turned out? LOL

My only regret is that I never beat the shit out of at least one person who desierved it.

Since: Nov 09

Kansas City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

My only regret is i didn't shoot at least one person that deserved it! We didn't have school shootings back then

“Just Think of Duck Sauce ”

Since: Oct 09

Where the Green Grass Grows

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

It is said that bullies are over controlled at home. Almost every if not all aspects of their lives are controled by their parents, So they then have the seed of control and act out on those they feel inferior to them as their parents do to them. They have no sense of control at home so while at school they find that they can prey on those they see as inferrior, in a way they pray on those they see themselves in. You will find those that bully have followers. The head bully bullies their friends into bulling also through the use of control and fear for if they do not comply with the head of the group they will be outcast and feel the wrath of their "friend" and then be humiliated. Some of those followers then go on to have emotional issues in adulthood seeing as what they allowed the "friend" to pursway them into doing something they wouldnt wish on anyone not even themselves.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

I must say I would be the one who would say somethng to the bully and then that would eventualy bite me in the ass. I can tell you one thing, when a boy breaks up with you in highschool, for some reason all the girls want to kick ur ass.I couldnt go wash my car, without some girl comming up and wanting to "kick my ass" Or "beat me till I die". So eventualy I took them up on their offers and notice I am not dead..

(note of advice: When a drunk girl walks up to you at a party and is less than an inch from ur face and you can feel her spit as she blubbers, do not say "I suggest you get out of my face, unless you want me to kiss you." Then your sexual preference is up to their imagination!)
Natalie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Judged:

I never got bullied in school. I grew up poor in a blue collar steel town, lots of brothers and sisters, and we looked out for each other. People left us alone, and we didn't go out looking for trouble. I never bullied anyone, but no one ever challenged to "kick my ass" either. I witnessed enough of the bullying though, and Chelle you were right...Eventually, you have to stand-up for yourself.

However, when I grew-up that generally meant settling the score with your fists. Now, unfortunately, it can mean a gun. That post of Johnn's above bothered me a lot--I'm sure he meant to be funny, but it brought up bad memories of Columbine and the college shooting rampages of a couple of years ago.

Bullying isn't just despicable, it is dangerous.
interesting idea

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Natalie wrote:
I never got bullied in school. I grew up poor in a blue collar steel town, lots of brothers and sisters, and we looked out for each other. People left us alone, and we didn't go out looking for trouble. I never bullied anyone, but no one ever challenged to "kick my ass" either. I witnessed enough of the bullying though, and Chelle you were right...Eventually, you have to stand-up for yourself.
However, when I grew-up that generally meant settling the score with your fists. Now, unfortunately, it can mean a gun. That post of Johnn's above bothered me a lot--I'm sure he meant to be funny, but it brought up bad memories of Columbine and the college shooting rampages of a couple of years ago.
Bullying isn't just despicable, it is dangerous.
It concerned me too Nat when I read his posts.

I noticed Johnn's first post was that he turned out just fine.
Second post he regrets not shooting some of the people?
Perhaps someone is carrying a grudge after all these years?

Does anyone know who this person is or where they work? If they do?
If it's in Chillicothe, Johnn's stated he went to high school here in earlier posts way back. Chances of running into these persons is very likely if Johnn's employed at a business in the community.

I feel for anyone Johnn works with if he works with people. It is something the employer should look out for.
Grand Pappy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Kids do mimmick their parents, they see dad being disrespectful to mom, physically or emotionally abusing mom they too tend to do the same. Kids learn racial hatred from their parents and relatives, they also learn how to shop lift, smoke dope, and live in a disgusting fashion from their parent(s).

Mr. Brown going back to a "real" board of education would imply previous administrations did something about bullys when in fact they did not. I too was bullied in school, picked on, and made fun of at times. I think I turned out okay but I have made a point to not let people do that to my kids or permit my kids to do that to others.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Judged:

Are you serious interesting. People who are actualy goin to shoot someone or kill themselves dont tell anyone. Thats why it happends. So all this talk about if someone says they want to die or such and such...they wont because those that do it, dont tell. Its a secret suffering. Those that do tell and talk about oh im goin to kill myself or Im just goin to kill you all. Just do it to get the needed attention they are seeking. Those in true pain and suffering wont tell you about it. For if they did, you would know it was comming.
interesting idea

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Chelle Jenx wrote:
Are you serious interesting. People who are actualy goin to shoot someone or kill themselves dont tell anyone. Thats why it happends. So all this talk about if someone says they want to die or such and such...they wont because those that do it, dont tell. Its a secret suffering. Those that do tell and talk about oh im goin to kill myself or Im just goin to kill you all. Just do it to get the needed attention they are seeking. Those in true pain and suffering wont tell you about it. For if they did, you would know it was comming.
Yes I am.

They are seeking attention by posting as well Chelle. Perhaps someone who knows him might be able to help him.

What's wrong with being concerned? I do believe that many times when people don't listen is when they do things. It's on the news often that people post things on their facebooks, forums, texts, and instant messages.
Terrorists do it, bullys do it, so don't people that commit suicide.

Maybe he really does need help. What's wrong with that?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Chelle Jenx wrote:
I know what you're trying to say... and yes, sometimes its the person that doesn't tell you theyre going to kick your a$$... is the one that does it. But you paint with such a broad brush.

Ever see the documentary "the bridge"? About people that jump from the golden gate. Some film maker filmed the bridge every day for a year. It follows their stories through the eyes of friends and relatives and in a couple cases survivors of the jump. I can tell you that not one of the friends or relatives were shocked or surprised when they got the news of their loved one had jumped.
Ride The Wave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

I've always known its the quiet ones you need to be aware of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chillicothe Forum right now

Search the Chillicothe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why the Attorney General stopped pursuing Mark ... 42 min Linda Blair 1
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 45 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 92,275
crazy 3 hr yep 2
Chillicothe in the news....again! 4 hr Disgusted by Ignorance 10
Hornets Basketball (Nov '12) 4 hr Really Confused 221
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 6 hr who cares 18,912
Susan Ryan's Statement on Judge Hull (Apr '13) 17 hr Susan Ryans v Master Grp 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••