|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Chelle Jenx wrote:
I agree,with Iw. I always have wondered what would happen if no one voted at all? Would anyone get the picture? The only ones voting would be those running.
If they want to play the game let them, the people should be sick of playing by now. What sort of a message would that send if no one voted? We could then, all say, I didn't vote for you. WE the people didn't want you, or any of you for that matter. It's pointless to vote anymore. Your voting on a multiple piles of horse crap. One eats organic oats, one doesn't and they both use air freshener......
Another brilliant post by CJ. Thanks.
To those of you who judge CJ's posts as Nuts and Clueless, please share your infinite wisdom with us as to how Chillicothe can attract jobs. We are waiting.
Papa

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Iwmfu wrote:
<quoted text>
How does voting help? Does it really matter if we get crook A or crook B? Even w/ 100% voter turnout. I call for a voting boycott.
Iwmfu, I consider you one of the most intelligent people who has ever graced the pages of Topic, but this suggestion is just not a good idea. There will always be those who would vote and they would vote for someone who supports their position, likely people who expect the government to provide for them.

The Tea Party was modestly successful in the last election. They were able to take control of the House of Representatives and put a much needed damper on the liberals whose interest is to tax the hard working people and give the money to others, who often will not work.

Do you really like the "CHANGE" that occurred in the first two years of his Presidency after Obama and a Congress, controlled by liberals, were elected?

I think every one should vote, not for the incombent President, Senator, or Congressman, but for the person running against him.
This is how the American people can impose term limits on those in public office.

Quotes of Thomas Jefferson:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
Iwmfu, I consider you one of the most intelligent people who has ever graced the pages of Topic, but this suggestion is just not a good idea. There will always be those who would vote and they would vote for someone who supports their position, likely people who expect the government to provide for them.
The Tea Party was modestly successful in the last election. They were able to take control of the House of Representatives and put a much needed damper on the liberals whose interest is to tax the hard working people and give the money to others, who often will not work.
Do you really like the "CHANGE" that occurred in the first two years of his Presidency after Obama and a Congress, controlled by liberals, were elected?
I think every one should vote, not for the incombent President, Senator, or Congressman, but for the person running against him.
This is how the American people can impose term limits on those in public office.
Quotes of Thomas Jefferson:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
So we want to talk up the Tea Party on a thread on if Chillicothe should expand? How off-topic is that / IMO. The quick answer is / no additional demand / no additional jobs / no additional wages / no more Chillicothe expansion. To your point / I "borrowed" part of a recent article from another thread / I've pasted it below.

Years from now / we'll see what / if any / long term effect the Tea Party has had on the American political system. So far / they've not helped to minimize the inertia. All political parties are co-opted by by the system / we'll see how badly they sell out before this is all over. IMHO / CONs / DEMs / nor TPers represent me.

Congress Gets Failing Marks on Economy
By Laura Litvan - Dec 16, 2011 1:38 PM CT .
/Bloomberg

Congress is ending what may be its least productive year on record after government shutdown threats, the collapse of debt-reduction talks and little action to fix the worst U.S. economy since the Great Depression.
Just 62 bills were signed into law through November this year, meaning that 2011 may fall short of the 88 laws enacted in 1995, the lowest number since the Congressional Record began keeping an annual tally in 1947. In 1995, as in this year, a new House Republican majority fought a Democratic president’s agenda.
This year’s partisan battles brought the U.S. to the brink of a government shutdown four times, caused a two-week furlough of Federal Aviation Administration workers and led Standard & Poor’s to lower the nation’s credit rating after it said lawmakers didn’t do enough to reduce the federal deficit.
“It’s been one of the worst Congresses in modern history,” said Representative Jim Cooper, a Tennessee Democrat.“We have failed to meet our minimum standards of competency and endangered America’s credit rating. We have failed to pass key legislation on time. And there is very little hope for improved behavior.”
Voter approval ratings for Congress are at record lows. Republicans, ranked lower than Democrats, insist both parties are to blame.
“People have a right to be frustrated and disappointed, so next year may be a good year for challengers,” said Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona, the No. 2 Senate Republican leader."

Since: Sep 10

Chillicothe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Papa - I think lwmfu made his comment out of frustration. On the national level we only get backstabbers that are supported by big corporate money. So its true, we have too few choices. Anybody that actually represents America will not be given the light of day in the media. There ARE good candidates out there but you will NOT hear about them.

In addition, the sheeple have been brainwashed into believing that if you don't vote for a candidate that stands a chance (which means either Democrat or Republican), that you are throwing your vote away and what can be worse than that?

Well, the sheeple don't realize that voting for either Democrat or Republican IS worse than that because little by little, they are having their freedoms stripped away and morons like the Simpleton applaud the whole mess.

Now, how many on Chilli Topix know anything about the NDAA that was just passed by our backstabbers? Yeah, I thought so. The transfer of power is taking place little by little, whether or not we vote.

“Good grief... ”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

guydaley wrote:
Papa - I think lwmfu made his comment out of frustration. On the national level we only get backstabbers that are supported by big corporate money. So its true, we have too few choices. Anybody that actually represents America will not be given the light of day in the media. There ARE good candidates out there but you will NOT hear about them.
In addition, the sheeple have been brainwashed into believing that if you don't vote for a candidate that stands a chance (which means either Democrat or Republican), that you are throwing your vote away and what can be worse than that?
Well, the sheeple don't realize that voting for either Democrat or Republican IS worse than that because little by little, they are having their freedoms stripped away and morons like the Simpleton applaud the whole mess.
Now, how many on Chilli Topix know anything about the NDAA that was just passed by our backstabbers? Yeah, I thought so. The transfer of power is taking place little by little, whether or not we vote.
Well, look who's out of jail again!
clifford

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

I would say that would depend. Are we going to put in a community college so people that do come here can better themselves? And this might make young people that live here want to stay. No use in expanding if your just going to get more people to come here that are useless and uneducated.
or.. revamp the so called "tech college" here so it is actually accredited this way it will be a real tech school.

Chillicothe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Well Pissant, for one that calls on the "bully" card on a daily basis, you sure like to draw attention to yourself.

Would the Simpleton like to tell Chilli Topix what the NDAA is all about or has that first six pack addled your brain into apathy already?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Here it comes, "I've been bullied!!!" in 3, 2, 1

I love the way Simpleton loves to compare himself to the poor little children at the local kindergarden. Its very appropriate.

“Good grief... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

guydaley wrote:
Well Pissant, for one that calls on the "bully" card on a daily basis, you sure like to draw attention to yourself.
Would the Simpleton like to tell Chilli Topix what the NDAA is all about or has that first six pack addled your brain into apathy already?
I think we all know the answer to that.
Here it comes, "I've been bullied!!!" in 3, 2, 1
I love the way Simpleton loves to compare himself to the poor little children at the local kindergarden. Its very appropriate.
6 pack? Are you kidding me? Its 1:30 in the afternoon, I've already drank 12 out of my first 30 pack!

It interesting that you brought up being bullied. Is that what happened to you in jail? Your cellmate bully you did he? Traded you to another cellmate for cigarettes? Talk about a simpleton.

“Good grief... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Papa

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
So we want to talk up the Tea Party on a thread on if Chillicothe should expand? How off-topic is that
It is off topic to be sure, seems others wanted to go to this subject here.
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text> The quick answer is / no additional demand / no additional jobs / no additional wages / no more Chillicothe expansion.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Finish the projects that have been started, with the possible exception of the new industrial park, and wait until more is needed. There would be adequate space for more industry and adequate housing if new industries come to town in the current projects.
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text> Years from now / we'll see what / if any / long term effect the Tea Party has had on the American political system. So far / they've not helped to minimize the inertia.
This is probably true. The Tea Party congress persons have
probably been the ones that have contributed the most to the inertia. However, I think that inertia in Congress is not all bad.
The less they do the less they screw up. Previous fixes to the economy have done nothing more than drive up the national debt. No real improvement in jobs, etc. I think that brain storming this problem and get a real handle on what would make it better is the only way to fix it. If they keep doing what they have done in the past, they will get the same results. Congress needs new blood and new thinking and the only way to do that is to get rid of the current batch and hope we will get fresh new novel thinking.

That is why I plan to vote and encourage others to vote "against" the incombents and for the new guy who has not been tainted by Washington DC/Jefferson City politics.
Papa

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

guydaley wrote:
"]<quoted text>
What can be worse than that? Not voting at all. If we keep doing what we have been doing, we will get the same result. If enough people vote for a new guy, he just might get elected and the face of Congress will probably change for awhile. In four years do the same thing: vote him out and elect another new one. After awhile, Congress may just start listening to the people.

It will be interesting to see what the threat by AARP, which carries the influence of 14 million votes, does to the way the incombents act between now and the election. If you haven't seen it on TV, they say to Congress: If you mess with Medicare and Social Security, you will hear from us both now and in November 2012.
guydaley wrote:
"]<quoted text>
I didn't know about that, but I looked it up. It is certainly scary if you are an American citizen. The Constitution can still trump this law and I bet someone like the ACLU will take them to task.

“Good grief... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
What can be worse than that? Not voting at all. If we keep doing what we have been doing, we will get the same result. If enough people vote for a new guy, he just might get elected and the face of Congress will probably change for awhile. In four years do the same thing: vote him out and elect another new one. After awhile, Congress may just start listening to the people.
It will be interesting to see what the threat by AARP, which carries the influence of 14 million votes, does to the way the incombents act between now and the election. If you haven't seen it on TV, they say to Congress: If you mess with Medicare and Social Security, you will hear from us both now and in November 2012.
<quoted text>
I didn't know about that, but I looked it up. It is certainly scary if you are an American citizen. The Constitution can still trump this law and I bet someone like the ACLU will take them to task.
No one is going to believe anything you say anymore after the way you distroyed your credibily on the Woodworth thread.

VRA wrote: November 14, 1990 was a Wednesday. Whoa.

Papa wroke: Do you have any documented proof of that? Another Robertson lie?

Chillicothe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Papa I was being sarcastic when I said, "and what could be worse than that".

If you are voting for either side of the aisle, they are both bought and paid for so it makes no difference if you vote or not at this point as long as we can't tell the difference between those who are whores and those that are not.

I have no idea what AARP has in mind but I'm sure it doesn't involve throwing their support behind an American. Think of it this way Papa. If AARP is lobbying then they are buying someone's vote and I'm not interested in someone that is willing to trade their vote, their principles for money for their campaign. That doesn't work, hasn't worked and won't work.

Sorry Papa, the constitution has been trumped by this new law. But here's the more important issue. Why did our backstabbers pass this so quickly and silently. Its far worse than you ever suspected Papa (only because you aren't FULLY informed).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
It is off topic to be sure, seems others wanted to go to this subject here.
<quoted text>
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Finish the projects that have been started, with the possible exception of the new industrial park, and wait until more is needed. There would be adequate space for more industry and adequate housing if new industries come to town in the current projects.
<quoted text>
This is probably true. The Tea Party congress persons have
probably been the ones that have contributed the most to the inertia. However, I think that inertia in Congress is not all bad.
The less they do the less they screw up. Previous fixes to the economy have done nothing more than drive up the national debt. No real improvement in jobs, etc. I think that brain storming this problem and get a real handle on what would make it better is the only way to fix it. If they keep doing what they have done in the past, they will get the same results. Congress needs new blood and new thinking and the only way to do that is to get rid of the current batch and hope we will get fresh new novel thinking.
That is why I plan to vote and encourage others to vote "against" the incombents and for the new guy who has not been tainted by Washington DC/Jefferson City politics.
I'm a guy of action / the sort of guy who believes in fixing problems / not sticking his head in the sand. In my experience / problems left unattended to seldom get better. So / ignoring a problem / saying "hey / let's go with inertia" until some day when the Tea Party will "save" us is never the answer I would suggest.

So / continue overspending / duplicated services / ineffective / inefficient government? Or wait until the Tea Partiers win more seats / assuming they haven't been co-opted / sold out? You're a lot more optimistic than I am. Why wait even a year? Us taxpayers should hold Dems/ Cons / Tea Partiers / Indies accountable now.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ine...
Papa

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wait even a year? Us taxpayers should hold Dems/ Cons / Tea Partiers / Indies accountable now.
What is your suggestion for doing this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your suggestion for doing this?
Pay attention to what / how your Congressman / Senator does / votes / doesn't do / doesn't vote. Expect him to do his job. If the average guy did / accomplished as little as he does / he'd be fired. Call your Congressman / Senator / tell him his job performance sucks / time's up he needs to step up / be fired.

Talk to your family / friends / co-workers / tell them what you think / point out what little your Congressman / Senator is doing / encourage them to throw this bunch of do-nothing slackers. If it's bad enough / gather signatures on a Recall Petition. Exercise your right as a voter / why do I need to explain all of this to you?
Papa

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention to what / how your Congressman / Senator does / votes / doesn't do / doesn't vote. Expect him to do his job. If the average guy did / accomplished as little as he does / he'd be fired. Call your Congressman / Senator / tell him his job performance sucks / time's up he needs to step up / be fired.
Talk to your family / friends / co-workers / tell them what you think / point out what little your Congressman / Senator is doing / encourage them to throw this bunch of do-nothing slackers. If it's bad enough / gather signatures on a Recall Petition. Exercise your right as a voter / why do I need to explain all of this to you?
I think that your suggestion is somewhat problematic for a couple of reasons:

They are mostly indifferent to your views if they don't coincide with their position and plan. Most of them are very good double talkers and respond with an answer to a question that you didn't ask. If you have ever sent a complaint or question to them, you would know that they respond with a canned answer that is self serving. So much for talking or visiting with them.

The most compelling reason your suggestion will not work is:

Although considered in the Federal Convention of 1787, there was never a provision adopted in the United States Constitution for the “recall” of elected federal officials, such as Members of
Congress, and thus no Member of the Senate or the House of Representatives has ever been recalled in the history of the United States.

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.... '0E%2C*PL%5B%3A%230%20%20%0A

The majority of states allow recall elections in local jurisdictions, but only eighteen states permit recall elections to remove state officials and a nineteenth state, Illinois, allows it for Governors only.

Missourians do not have the right of statewide recall. However, the right of local recall is available.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Laws_go...

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0770...

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0780...

The power of the people is at the ballot box. If the legislators knew that you were likely to vote them out at the next election, they might straighten up and do the right things. My suggestion also stops them from becoming career politicians.

I wish you had not been so condescending toward me in your response. Now I will have to quote you: Why do I need to explain all of this to you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

Papa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that your suggestion is somewhat problematic for a couple of reasons:
They are mostly indifferent to your views if they don't coincide with their position and plan. Most of them are very good double talkers and respond with an answer to a question that you didn't ask. If you have ever sent a complaint or question to them, you would know that they respond with a canned answer that is self serving. So much for talking or visiting with them.
The most compelling reason your suggestion will not work is:
Although considered in the Federal Convention of 1787, there was never a provision adopted in the United States Constitution for the “recall” of elected federal officials, such as Members of
Congress, and thus no Member of the Senate or the House of Representatives has ever been recalled in the history of the United States.
http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.... '0E%2C*PL%5B%3A%230%20%20%0A
The majority of states allow recall elections in local jurisdictions, but only eighteen states permit recall elections to remove state officials and a nineteenth state, Illinois, allows it for Governors only.
Missourians do not have the right of statewide recall. However, the right of local recall is available.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0770...
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0780...
The power of the people is at the ballot box. If the legislators knew that you were likely to vote them out at the next election, they might straighten up and do the right things. My suggestion also stops them from becoming career politicians.
I wish you had not been so condescending toward me in your response. Now I will have to quote you: Why do I need to explain all of this to you?
I mostly got "Waah!" from your post above. Some guys do / some guys don't / make excuses for their own inactivity / wait for the Tea Party (some of the more intellectually bankrupt folks among us / IMHO) to save them / whine. I'm just Papa / one poor voter / I believe things are just terrible now / oh my / whatever will I do?

It appears your answer to this question is that you intend to keep sitting on your backside / hoping / wishing others will fix our country's problems. Sure / there are problems related to political activism / so what? If the Founding Fathers had taken the same approach as you appear to suggest / we'd still be a crown colony.

I get it / you might be one of the sheeple. It's okay / some guys lead / most guys follow. Just a suggestion / you might want to reread your future posts before you hit "Post Comments." Perhaps be brutally honest with yourself / think / is this post supported / thought out / how will others view this post? I'm just sayin...

Have a good one. Your posts sometimes crack me up / keep posting!
do not complain

Chillicothe, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2011

Chelle Jenx wrote:
I agree,with Iw. I always have wondered what would happen if no one voted at all? Would anyone get the picture? The only ones voting would be those running.
If they want to play the game let them, the people should be sick of playing by now. What sort of a message would that send if no one voted? We could then, all say, I didn't vote for you. WE the people didn't want you, or any of you for that matter. It's pointless to vote anymore. Your voting on a multiple piles of horse crap. One eats organic oats, one doesn't and they both use air freshener.One uses an aerosol can and one doesn't, Still both piles of crap, and they want to feed it to you. We all run to eat it, by voting. I'd rather choose not to eat either pile, and everyone else should choose not to also.
Back to the topic at hand. If you build more houses, who is goin to live in them? Where are they goin to work to make their payment? There are plenty of homes for sale, that should be a sign we don't need more homes. Housing isn't an issue, unless like the prev poster mentioned, you are looking for a nice home to rent, for a reasonable price.Not over 500 dollars a month for a home that smells like dog pee and looks like a crack house. People can't afford to buy homes, have fun getting a loan too.
You have to have something in Chillicothe, to come here for, and make you want to buy a home and live here. Sorry but the Prison just isn't goin to do it anymore. Losing Gear isn't goin to do it. A new stadium isn't goin to do it. A new hospital isn't goin to do it. The dream Palace isn't goin to do it and building more homes sure as hell isn't goin to do it.
What kind of businesses do you think we would get? Certainly not good odds a decent paying factory job.If we are lucky maybe another big box store like Target. Maybe an Old navy, more retail. A couple more restaurants.... Hell add another gas station, Subway and why not another DG? Maybe we could get some sort of entertainment venue that the city can end up paying for. Of course if we do get anything, it will be tax free, so what would chillicothe gain? But I guess if it is retail we would get the tax from that when people buy, but where is the retail? Like said above, the lots south of town set empty. The Sale barn is up for sale and so is the Starlite along with the old walmart. Where are the buyers? Perfect place for a big box store and other retail stores. At least people would travel here and spend their money. As for living here, we will need more than a door greeters pay
Don't vote, then don't bitch.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chillicothe Forum right now

Search the Chillicothe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 10 min Clinton-Obama Agenda 95,827
county commissioner 12 hr woah time out 115
Was Mark Woodworth framed for the murder of Cat... 13 hr curious 526
Any cheap rentals? 13 hr Five Oclock Shower 1
Sheriff Cox keeping infant son from his mother 23 hr Crazyone 128
Trespassing is it a crime if your a cops wife? Thu Crazyone 20
Piggly wiggly? Thu Donald Simkins 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe Jobs

•••