Trenton Graduation Incident???
lets clear this up

United States

#42 May 16, 2012
He had an IEP a 504 and was also on TWE at the end of the year he was a full time student at ths untill February. Trouble he had in schol was usually from and because of MR ADWELL . He was given the opportunity to leave THS in feb due to an incident i witnessed in the halways at the school when mr adwell assualted him due to the fact i was afraid to loose my job I said nothing excpt to the mother and that is when the superintendent over run the punishemnet from Mr adwell and offered him a chance to graduate with a pass/fail instead and continue his twe and still be a fulltime student. He has had it very hard at THS and several people knew that MR Adwell had his guns pointed at him. We have on more than one occasion sent his mom a text to get him fast before Mr adwell had a chance. I have purposely typed gramactilly incorrect and misspelled this because i can firmly believe that you can tell someone by they way that write a message. I do ont agree with his action on that day. I wish he would have had his head held high and walked across that stage. and done what they all tried to keep him from even up to the last day of school. He graduated dispite all the years they tried to keep him from it. I and a select few worked harder to keep them away from him. Like it or not. Also I have a Kc address because I am currently in KC with my family. So before you pick my post apart know that I did not like the finger, I do feel it was deserved.
First

Kansas City, KS

#43 May 16, 2012
Chelle Jenx wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated...I ask you all, why call him and his family white trash? That's not very respectful either, is it?
Key words, you all. There have been comments made calling them white trash. Didn't say you did it.
Please be more careful when reading comments from others.
So, it's with in the student's constitutional right to flip off the crowd, but not ok to call him and his family white trash? Could you please explain how the first amendment works for one side and not the other?
Thanks, I'll be waiting for the explanation from you, the constitutional scholar.
apple tree

United States

#44 May 16, 2012
Prolly won't be too long before Jacob Ishmael will be showing up on a regular basis in the local police blotters and court dockets. Another jailbird in the making all thanks to his crazy mom and family. Too bad the parents aren't held accountable for their epic failure as parents. And so on down the line. Joshuas grandma enabled her kids and the bad habit was passed onto the next generation. The parents will soon learn that if they don't discipline their child society will.
THS Student

United States

#45 May 16, 2012
Actually at THS we have very strict guidelines about appropriate behavior at these things and he violated them by flipping everyone off
One Hit Wonderer

United States

#46 May 17, 2012
Kids will be kids. If that dirty cock of a principal touched me I would of used the line I felt in fear for my safety and broke that coward vp nose. I don't think it was the right place or time for the finger but hell I can walk down the street and flip a cop off and he can't arrest me because its freedom of speech. THS student boo hoo ur poor graduation was ruined because of someone that wanted to show off. So what ur family from out of town was there hell they got a little entertainment. If u can make it and graduate college maybe they will have a better experience there. You are probably some preppy kid that has had everything handed to them on a silver platter anyways so quit your crying and bad mouthing about this kid. I have no connection with anyone in this incident but these are my opinions. You don't like it? To bad freedom of speech is an amazing thing.
Papa

Chillicothe, MO

#47 May 17, 2012
Clearly, Jacob had a right to do what he did, although it was inappropriate for the circumstances. So what! Just because he expressed how he felt, it is the rest of the peoples' problem how they react to it.

The problem with the VP is that he misused his position and authority. I have seen this many times before. School administrators and teachers are especially prone to do this. Give them a little power and they think they rule the world and control everybody. I seriously doubt that the VP had any right to even try to remove him from the graduation exercise. If he had just let the kid walk out, he would not be guilty of assault.

As a final gesture of disgust with the school system in Trenton, I hope Jacob presses charges againt the VP.
The Barber

United States

#48 May 17, 2012
Now crazy ass Angela Turner going nuts on facebook again. She is a crazy bitch!
SCREWED UP

Chillicothe, MO

#49 May 17, 2012
The Barber wrote:
Now crazy ass Angela Turner going nuts on facebook again. She is a crazy bitch!
You are such a liar. angela and her sister are 2 different people. if you have a problem with her start another thread. I wish the Ishmeal family luck. this topix didnt make since from the beginning.The VP is lucky momma didnt get a hold of him!!!!!!!
Access to FB Also

Chillicothe, MO

#50 May 17, 2012
I read Angela's comments on Denny's FB page. Didn't seem like she was going nuts or sound crazy to me. What I read was her clearing up the misinformation going around. I know, it's hard to believe gossip in Chillicothe has been exaggerated for effect (yes, that was sarcasm). I also read her trying to help others understand what might have prompted Jacob to do what he did. At no time did I see her defending what he did. In fact, I read in several of her comments that "she did not condone his actions". I also read multiple comments that stated she believed both Jacob & this Mr. Adwell were in the wrong, "but what the VP did was worse". She didn't appear nuts, she appeared to have a problem with a school employee 1. escalating a situation (that from what I've read was already over) & 2. punching a student. She's passionate about special needs, doesn't make her nuts or crazy either. It makes her the mother of a special needs child and a very effective advocate for all. Sounds like you are the one going nuts & making crazy ass comments. Good day.
Former Trenton Resident

Chillicothe, MO

#51 May 17, 2012
I just wanted to point out that there is NOTHING on the Trenton topix about this. Appears the people in Trenton aren't as appalled or fixated on this as the people in Chillicothe. Kind of says something, right?!
Free Speach

Chillicothe, MO

#52 May 17, 2012
A kid flipping someone the bird in no way allows for or excuses a school official's assault. What is wrong with you people that think otherwise?
SCREWED UP

Chillicothe, MO

#53 May 17, 2012
Former Trenton Resident wrote:
I just wanted to point out that there is NOTHING on the Trenton topix about this. Appears the people in Trenton aren't as appalled or fixated on this as the people in Chillicothe. Kind of says something, right?!
This whole thread really has nothing to do with what the kid did. there are just a bunch of nosey ass trouble makers in chillicothe that dont like a member of his family. Have you seen them cursing his mom? NO they want to piss his aunt off.
Former Trenton Resident

Chillicothe, MO

#54 May 17, 2012
SCREWED UP wrote:
<quoted text>This whole thread really has nothing to do with what the kid did. there are just a bunch of nosey ass trouble makers in chillicothe that dont like a member of his family. Have you seen them cursing his mom? NO they want to piss his aunt off.
I see. That's pretty messed up if you ask me. There's some petty, jealous people out there. Don't know him, his family or who his aunt, but she must be doing something right if she's got others so wound. It's usually the ones that stand for something that get the most criticism.
slick

United States

#55 May 17, 2012
From the sounds of the kid was within his rights, the same way the reverend Phelps group is within their rights. If the teacher knocked the hell of him, he had it coming. It's funny how sometimes the right thing to do is illegal.
It's pretty sad that some disrespectful punk can ruin something like graduation.
i agree

Chillicothe, MO

#56 May 17, 2012
Jacob the boy who gave the bird should of had a boot up his ass! If he was my child I would of been out of my seat faster than anything hauling his out the door before he did anything else! Maybe that is where this all started no parenting at home? I will say the boy is an artist he can make wonderful sculptures of giving the bird on his FB page plus he made a life size snow penis and testicles in his parents front yard! Go ahead and kee saying it's his constitutional right! I know it is just like its mine to say these things. I think we have all been trying to say there is a time and place for everything !
Really

Chillicothe, MO

#57 May 17, 2012
slick wrote:
From the sounds of the kid was within his rights, the same way the reverend Phelps group is within their rights. If the teacher knocked the hell of him, he had it coming. It's funny how sometimes the right thing to do is illegal.
It's pretty sad that some disrespectful punk can ruin something like graduation.
Why couldn't the V.P go push on Phelps during their protests?

I tell you why, b/c they would have a lawsuit, and they would win, as they should.

I highly suggest the kid get a lawyer and make that punk V.P pay his way through college.

"had it coming" I'm sure that is exactly what a lot of these kids think when they step into a school and start mowing down people with a sawed off shotgun, because they are simply not going to take their bullshyt anymore.

Doesn't really matter WHO does the pushing around whether it be another student(s), or a Vice Principal, a person is only going to take so much before they retaliate.

You remember the next time you hear about a school shooting, that the victims just simply had it coming. That is the type of mentality we are shooting for here correct?(rolls eyes) You are a dumbfack!

Best thing about this whole ordeal is this student had the integrity to just give them the finger, and for that I applaud him.

“Just Think of Duck Sauce ”

Since: Oct 09

Where the Green Grass Grows

#58 May 17, 2012
Papa wrote:
Clearly, Jacob had a right to do what he did, although it was inappropriate for the circumstances. So what! Just because he expressed how he felt, it is the rest of the peoples' problem how they react to it.
The problem with the VP is that he misused his position and authority. I have seen this many times before. School administrators and teachers are especially prone to do this. Give them a little power and they think they rule the world and control everybody. I seriously doubt that the VP had any right to even try to remove him from the graduation exercise. If he had just let the kid walk out, he would not be guilty of assault.
As a final gesture of disgust with the school system in Trenton, I hope Jacob presses charges againt the VP.
I agree with you 100%, Papa.

“Just Think of Duck Sauce ”

Since: Oct 09

Where the Green Grass Grows

#59 May 17, 2012
First wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's with in the student's constitutional right to flip off the crowd, but not ok to call him and his family white trash? Could you please explain how the first amendment works for one side and not the other?
Thanks, I'll be waiting for the explanation from you, the constitutional scholar.

First....I did not say it was ok for him and not for you.

SECOND-YOU are the ones with the problem with him flipping the bird. You find it, oh so offensive..and because you find it, oh so offensive, you want him to apologize. You want something done about him.You want him punished, to pay for his expression. YOU however have no problem calling him and his family white trash. How is that not offensive to anyone? Should we punish you? Should we place our hands on you? Should we shove you around?

Third-YOU think it is ok for YOU to offend others, but it's not ok for them to offend YOU.

It's called being a hypocrite. You want the right to offend but you don't think anyone should have the right to offend you.
Then you want to punish them, because YOU find what he expressed offensive. That is YOUR problem. You choose how you react to offensive things.
You want to attack him for exercising his right to freespeech, and want to see him punished for expressing himself. You are in turn attacking YOUR rights as well and condoning punishment for things you say. Like I said above, do you want someone to kick your a$$, everytime you express something offensive to someone else?

He didn't choose to physically attack the VP. He expressed his displeasure fully within his rights. The VP however did not respond within his rights.
Wow

Kansas City, KS

#60 May 17, 2012
Chelle Jenx wrote:
<quoted text>
First....I did not say it was ok for him and not for you.
SECOND-YOU are the ones with the problem with him flipping the bird. You find it, oh so offensive..and because you find it, oh so offensive, you want him to apologize. You want something done about him.You want him punished, to pay for his expression. YOU however have no problem calling him and his family white trash. How is that not offensive to anyone? Should we punish you? Should we place our hands on you? Should we shove you around?
Third-YOU think it is ok for YOU to offend others, but it's not ok for them to offend YOU.
It's called being a hypocrite. You want the right to offend but you don't think anyone should have the right to offend you.
Then you want to punish them, because YOU find what he expressed offensive. That is YOUR problem. You choose how you react to offensive things.
You want to attack him for exercising his right to freespeech, and want to see him punished for expressing himself. You are in turn attacking YOUR rights as well and condoning punishment for things you say. Like I said above, do you want someone to kick your a$$, everytime you express something offensive to someone else?
He didn't choose to physically attack the VP. He expressed his displeasure fully within his rights. The VP however did not respond within his rights.
you got all that from one little post asking a question about a constitutional amendment you brought up originally? You sure seemed to read alot into things. Did you run out of your meds, or is it that time of the month for you? ROFL.
mom

United States

#61 May 17, 2012
As a mother, as someone who was in attendance, and as soomeone who knows this family. I know them very well and I am somewhat connected. I will say that I have not always agreed with their way to handle things, and heaven help me I find my self agreeing with them circling the wagon around this young man. While I would not condone MY child flipping the bird, I will say it was understood. I can say I have never flown the bird, but I cant say none of my children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren haven't. I can say that when I was unable to do so myself Danielle has went to bat for my grandchild when the school staff was trying to bully them. I dont think it was a way i would have done it, but I will say it shook them up and they backed off. I will say one thing the Ishmael family is very close and very tight knit. i will also say that having a ringside seat at the gradution on sunday it wasnt Jacob that was out of line in that circus. I seen the bird and I reacted with a oh dear. I then returned my attention back to the ceremony untill I heard a gasp. It was appaling that the vp began assualting this young man.I saw the mother run at a sprint to her son outside. I wasnt outside, but I can be sure that that man grabbed a tiger by the tail when he attacked her son. I could all but gaurentee that. I have seen he champion for many young people that this school system have tormented. Yes my grand child was tormented. I dont agree with the finger, I sure don't agree with the assualt. I think the bird would have lost al power had it been ignored and the event not further esculated. Let me once again make sure you know I am not a friend by any means of everyone in this family, but for once I have to side with them. I may eat those words some day. By the way someone above had said feel fre to contact Jacobs mother . I wouldnt necessarily agree but I can gaurentee you will hear the truth and can promise you she will no way hold back. I have never known that to be in her style.
In an unrealted note my address is showing as Kansas City how do I change this . I am in Trenton and have been my whole life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Ireland Tue Hoe how hoe 3
Poll Political giving and not making tarp payments (Feb '10) Dec 8 Johnn 7
If you don't play -- you won't play--says Ken L... (Feb '10) Dec 1 Johnn 19
Rodenberg Battling Cancer. (May '12) Nov 29 KTSNK 3
New Truck Stop in Chillicothe, MO? Nov., '17 Nov 29 KTSNK 5
Rooney Trucking, Polo, MO (Jan '11) Nov 29 KTSNK 22
Hayden or Dakota Provolt Nov 29 KTSNK 2

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance