The Wonderful Parade
DaBrowns

Excelsior Springs, MO

#1 Nov 17, 2012
So I would like to know what everyone thought of the wonderous parade?
awesome

Chillicothe, MO

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Lots of fun. Kids had a great time and I couldn't have asked for better weather.
Good Job

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2012
I thought it was nice. Too bad it wasn't live on cable this year. I would like to see more traditional floats like they used to have, but I guess people don't have time to spend building big floats. Overall, it was good and lots of candy for the kids! Thanks to all that put it together.
bob

Chillicothe, MO

#4 Nov 17, 2012
It is watered down horrible. The only thing worse..is listening to Dave Rogers call it. Why the hell did I stand by the stage? Remember when they actually had floats? Now you can just slap a cardboard sign on a gator and go! And how about those powerhouse bands they bring in! Green City...(pop. 600) sounded ten times better than big bad Chillicothe!
Not into Drama

Chillicothe, MO

#6 Nov 17, 2012
I miss the decorated floats, too. Lots of walking groups and vehicles, but not much Christmas to it. But since I'm not willing to build a float, guess I really can't complain.
bob

Chillicothe, MO

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Sydentricker, Barnes Baker, and Woody's using it as a commercial was pretty annoying too.
tucker

United States

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Next year we can use my truck and trailer if I can get 20 people to buy 100$ of candy to throw out and you have to dress Christmasy the weather was nice but kids don't go to parades to see all woodys new cars or new John Deere tractors they go to see people dressed up and get candy
Jack

Chillicothe, MO

#9 Nov 18, 2012
bob wrote:
It is watered down horrible. The only thing worse..is listening to Dave Rogers call it. Why the hell did I stand by the stage? Remember when they actually had floats? Now you can just slap a cardboard sign on a gator and go! And how about those powerhouse bands they bring in! Green City...(pop. 600) sounded ten times better than big bad Chillicothe!
My guess is if you were to get whatever you asked for you'd find fault with it. People like you are down right "watered down horrible" SH*T yourself!!!
SHRIMP EATER

Chillicothe, MO

#10 Nov 18, 2012
I didnt go this year, in the past I enjoyed it, always lots of people.
amelie

Highlandville, MO

#11 Nov 18, 2012
The little girls from Kc, the marching falcons or cobras, I don't remember their name, weren't in it this year. I was dissapointed by that. They are always my favorite.
WASP

United States

#12 Nov 18, 2012
So Tucker and Bob, are you saying that you are volunteering your time to help build floats? Or you saying you are going to volunteer on the holiday parade committee for the chamber?
tucker

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2012
WASP wrote:
So Tucker and Bob, are you saying that you are volunteering your time to help build floats? Or you saying you are going to volunteer on the holiday parade committee for the chamber?
I said I have a truck and trailer so that's kinda exactly what I said
watching

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Nov 18, 2012
All I have to say is when did throwing up a group name together and getting a truck and calling that a float? Some of this groups I've never heard of.
I agree alot of company's use it as commercially but that's any parade.

I don't know who's in charge but it's free to enter so have some rules and regulations?
here now

Jamesport, MO

#15 Nov 18, 2012
how come its not a Christmas parade anymore? maybe people are waiting to build floats for it
bob

Chillicothe, MO

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is if you were to get whatever you asked for you'd find fault with it. People like you are down right "watered down horrible" SH*T yourself!!!
My guess would be you took a dumbass pill this morning. I'm not going to blow sunshine up your ass and tell you it was a great parade. It sucks, and it has for years.
bob

Chillicothe, MO

#17 Nov 18, 2012
WASP wrote:
No, that isn't what I'm saying. You need sunshine up your ass too? I'm saying if I had a reason to enter into the parade, I just might give a shit and build a float. All this talk about not having time...everyone sure had time 20 years ago. Whats changed? It's not about not having time, no one wants to TAKE the time!
preacher man

Columbia, MO

#18 Nov 20, 2012
Its a Christmas parade not a holiday parade God dammit!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City selling CMU? (Mar '10) Feb 17 Johnn 33
Melvin McDonald (Feb '11) Feb 11 Granddaughter 8
Monday Nite Line-Up (Apr '10) Feb 10 Johnn 32
selling to minors Feb 9 br549tz 1
WOW so Sandy rd is nothing but addicts anymore? Feb 5 Angel eyes 4
Livingston County Sheriff's Office (Feb '10) Feb 3 Johnn 107
Street Superintendent Living in Cameron and Dri... (Dec '11) Feb 2 sugar on the side 28

Chillicothe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chillicothe Mortgages