Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
GodInMe

Carrollton, MO

#1 Jan 25, 2012
Isn't Cornerstone just the best church in the whole world. The pastors give everyone hope and help everyone they can and they are saving so many children! I Love that church!
Holy Heckster

Chillicothe, MO

#2 Jan 25, 2012
Wow--Do they do it for free, or do you have to do that tithing thing?

PS...Would they share their financial records? I'd like to know the price of salvation.
Holy Heckster

Chillicothe, MO

#3 Jan 25, 2012
GodInMe wrote:
They are saving so many children!
Saving them from what???
guilty bystander

Chillicothe, MO

#4 Jan 25, 2012
Looks to me like the people high up at that place live extremely well. I would love to work so little and have so much. I think I will just give to my own offering plate thank you.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 25, 2012
If you believe in the bible, the law of the tenth would seem to apply.
Holy Rollercoaster

Chillicothe, MO

#6 Jan 25, 2012
Former Mayor Jeff Foli wrote:
If you believe in the bible, the law of the tenth would seem to apply.
Huh? Its a question of where that tenth is going. Didn't Jesus live a life of poverty in terms of possessions, but an existence fulfilled with spiritual richness.
Go Ho Ho a Twinkie

Polo, MO

#7 Jan 25, 2012
GodInMe wrote:
Isn't Cornerstone just the best church in the whole world. The pastors give everyone hope and help everyone they can and they are saving so many children! I Love that church!
Wow, I hope you didn't drink the Kool-Aide.(note: young people probably won't understand this remark.)

Location hidden

#8 Jan 25, 2012
If you believe the bible, you are required to pay the law of the tenth. Where it's going is not your responsibility.

These things are only negotiable if you are not a believer. If you are a believer, Gods commands are not mere suggestions.
where

Chillicothe, MO

#9 Jan 26, 2012
If you believe the bible, you are required to pay the law of the tenth. Where it's going is not your responsibility.
These things are only negotiable if you are not a believer. If you are a believer, Gods commands are not mere suggestions.
Exactly where does it say that in the Bible?
shrimpeater

United States

#10 Jan 26, 2012
GodInMe wrote:
I believe in God, and Im a baptist, there is alot of non believers on topixs, and they love to bash these topixs,so get ready for it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 Jan 26, 2012
shrimpeater wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God, and Im a baptist, there is alot of non believers on topixs, and they love to bash these topixs,so get ready for it.
There are a lot of non believers period. In fact its the 3rd largest group behind catholics and baptists. But that will soon change as well.

Why do you believe in god?
shrimpeater

United States

#12 Jan 26, 2012
Iwmfu wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of non believers period. In fact its the 3rd largest group behind catholics and baptists. But that will soon change as well.
I was brought up in church by my grandparents and my parents.
We believe in life after death, when setting at a funeral with a loveone laying in the coffin, it comforts you to know one day you will be able to be with that person again.
Its a choice someone has to make, you believe or you dont.
Im not a door knocker, if you want to go to church thats great, if you dont thats your choice.
You are saying the non believers group is growing, could you tell me why this is.
I know the world is changing, being over 50 when I was a kid all the stores where closed on sundays for church, now all the stores are open, if your parents were cathoices so was you , if your parents was baptist so was you.
Believers and non believers should still be friends and be able to work and play together, its a choice.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#13 Jan 26, 2012
Holy Heckster wrote:
Wow--Do they do it for free, or do you have to do that tithing thing?
PS...Would they share their financial records? I'd like to know the price of salvation.
Troll

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#14 Jan 26, 2012
Holy Heckster wrote:
<quoted text>
Saving them from what???
Trolls...
guilty bystander

Tyler, MN

#15 Jan 26, 2012
Shrimpeater I would say that was very well said.
Fact Check

Chillicothe, MO

#16 Jan 26, 2012
Iwmfu wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, atheism is on the rise worldwide, however, it's still not as large and prevelant as you make it sound.

It appears that atheism, agnosticism, and no religion register at 15% worldwide. Still behind Christianity and Islam. Also, that 15% includes agnostics and people who identify no religion, so atheism is actually smaller than that.

Again, nobody will argue that it isn't on the rise, however, atheism is still a relatively small group worldwide.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_atheist...

Location hidden

#17 Jan 26, 2012
Dear where,

Where does it say in the bible you get to say what the church does with the tithes? Exodus 20 commands one tenth to be paid. There is no question in Spanish, because the words are exactly that.

My son goes to cornerstone, and they support many ministries. Food for the poor, daycare, youth programs,... I don't feel the need to judge them, and I'm grateful for what they do for my son. He has felt a conversion experience and wants to do good. If I complained about that, I would be silly.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 26, 2012
I honor all the Churches that are trying to do unselfish goodness. They each have to personally wrestle with being honorable with the tithes.
Holy Heckster

Chillicothe, MO

#19 Jan 26, 2012
I honor all the Churches that are trying to do unselfish goodness. They each have to personally wrestle with being honorable with the tithes.
They should have to wrestle with the IRS. Tax exemption is granted for a purpose. The financial records of churches should be public information-that includes how much the five wage earners are drawing-off church funds either in the form of salaries or in-kind benefits.

Many other tax exempt organizations are required to report this information and make it available in the public domain. Why not churches?
Holy Heckster

Chillicothe, MO

#20 Jan 26, 2012
Holy Heckster wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have to wrestle with the IRS. Tax exemption is granted for a purpose. The financial records of churches should be public information-that includes how much the five wage earners are drawing-off church funds either in the form of salaries or in-kind benefits.
Many other tax exempt organizations are required to report this information and make it available in the public domain. Why not churches?
That should have read *highest* wage earners...not five.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chillicothe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 6 min MemeStankFoo 2,026
Harold Thomas 1 hr To Be Honest 4
Why Fear What You Dont Understand 2 hr Mr Garner 1
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Rapino 96,468
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr neveratfault 250
How do the posts get deleted off who or what is... 10 hr bam 9
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 11 hr Pop Clutch 6,932
Legends Of Chillicothe MO (Apr '11) Mon Candy Baker 265
The bar in the country (Nov '09) Mon Just because 78
•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••