Rick Romans CPD
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Question

United States

#1 Nov 17, 2010
Why does he feel the need to be such a ass to the public? Is this really the face that CPD needs on public relations. Personally I believe it is a small man complex. Or maybe I'm wrong it could just be the gastapo bully coming out. Is there a real reason to be so rude when you talk to people. Looks like he would have learned some personal relations after the horse fiasco. Anybody else had issues with this past his prime and era officer. People wonder why we have no tourists, maybe it's because officer Romans is the first person they meet and they judge us because of him.
LOLZ

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Nov 17, 2010
Him being a jerk is old news.
i told you

Nashville, TN

#3 Nov 18, 2010
i have said it repeatedly,,things couldve been changed last may on election day but the people decicded who they wanted to keep in there so be it!!!!
Cindy

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Nov 21, 2010
Personally, Im not one who has to come in contact with officers often. When we have needed officers for whatever the reasons, Officer Romans, who by the way is a ranking officer, has come to assist us, he is all business and he knows his business. I have friends but when I need a policeman, I do not call a friend, he knows his job and like so many over on our town force at this time does it well and to have been thru all the changing of the guards and officers that have gone bad over there I commend Officer Romans for staying the course, it couldnt have been easy, but with him you are either inside the law or your not if not you are in trouble. The election had nothing to do with our police dept. and enough people wanted change there would be, that does not seem to be the voice of the people of this town, with the exception of a few. Ofcourse, we need some change, but that we all have to do as a town.
what

Nashville, TN

#5 Nov 21, 2010
sorry im laughing to hard i cant type... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! i thought that was real funny when you said he stayed on course while the other officers went bad,,,
My thoughts

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Nov 21, 2010
what wrote:
sorry im laughing to hard i cant type... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! i thought that was real funny when you said he stayed on course while the other officers went bad,,,
That's exactly what I thought too..bahahaha! Someone doesn't know their police officers very well! He is just as sneaky as some of the others, but fortunate for him, he has just not been caught! Just don't be shocked when he is!
Santa Clause

United States

#7 Nov 24, 2010
Who decorated that ugly Christmas tree at the town hall. Rick and the Mayor? HA ha ha !
tina combs

Earlysville, VA

#8 Dec 2, 2010
Cindy wrote:
Personally, Im not one who has to come in contact with officers often. When we have needed officers for whatever the reasons, Officer Romans, who by the way is a ranking officer, has come to assist us, he is all business and he knows his business. I have friends but when I need a policeman, I do not call a friend, he knows his job and like so many over on our town force at this time does it well and to have been thru all the changing of the guards and officers that have gone bad over there I commend Officer Romans for staying the course, it couldnt have been easy, but with him you are either inside the law or your not if not you are in trouble. The election had nothing to do with our police dept. and enough people wanted change there would be, that does not seem to be the voice of the people of this town, with the exception of a few. Ofcourse, we need some change, but that we all have to do as a town.
Cindy, It seems you and I are the only ones who have the guts to put our names on this forum. I have known Rick Romans and, he is all business when he is on duty, THAT'S HIS JOB, YOU DUMB AS**S! Sorry for the language but, really do we have to keep hearing this crap! When Rick is not on duty he and his wife are really good people with a great sense of humor about them. If you dislike Officer Romans, it is probably because you have broke the law and he just so happened to be the one who arrested you or wrote you a ticket. I just moved to this town in 2000, from the city and not once has he ever harrased me.
My thoughts

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 3, 2010
tina combs wrote:
<quoted text>Cindy, It seems you and I are the only ones who have the guts to put our names on this forum. I have known Rick Romans and, he is all business when he is on duty, THAT'S HIS JOB, YOU DUMB AS**S! Sorry for the language but, really do we have to keep hearing this crap! When Rick is not on duty he and his wife are really good people with a great sense of humor about them. If you dislike Officer Romans, it is probably because you have broke the law and he just so happened to be the one who arrested you or wrote you a ticket. I just moved to this town in 2000, from the city and not once has he ever harrased me.
Sorry to dissappoint you, but I have never been arrested or received a ticket from Rick, or anyone else for that matter. However, I have spent alot of time around law enforcement and I have seen what goes on behind their wives backs..it really is a shame that alot of these guys are praised for their work, when they would arrest another for exactly what they did the night before, Rick being one of them. Now, don't get me wrong, Smyth County does have a few, real honorable officers that should be recognized, Rick~is not one of them! He does put on a good show for everyone to see, I'll give him that!
tina combs

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 3, 2010
My thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to dissappoint you, but I have never been arrested or received a ticket from Rick, or anyone else for that matter. However, I have spent alot of time around law enforcement and I have seen what goes on behind their wives backs..it really is a shame that alot of these guys are praised for their work, when they would arrest another for exactly what they did the night before, Rick being one of them. Now, don't get me wrong, Smyth County does have a few, real honorable officers that should be recognized, Rick~is not one of them! He does put on a good show for everyone to see, I'll give him that!
Well, My Thoughts, what kind of woman does that make you if you are hanging around when these things you speak of are going on behind their wives backs? I guess Rick isn't the only one putting on a good act! HMMMM
My thoughts

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 4, 2010
Well, My Thoughts, what kind of woman does that make you if you are hanging around when these things you speak of are going on behind their wives backs? I guess Rick isn't the only one putting on a good act! HMMMM

I hang around there because that's where I work, genious! He's not my boss, nor do I work with him on a daily basis. And the only act I have, is acting like I like my job! In reality, it's like this...you like Rick, that's fine..who really cares?, I have had the unfortunate joy of getting to know him and a few others, and I don't care for him. Facts are, he's not the upstanding officer that you and few, very few, others thinks he is!
Tom

Olive Hill, KY

#12 Dec 6, 2010
RICK ROMANS =Garbage
Grrrrrr

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 19, 2010
My thoughts wrote:
Well, My Thoughts, what kind of woman does that make you if you are hanging around when these things you speak of are going on behind their wives backs? I guess Rick isn't the only one putting on a good act! HMMMM
I hang around there because that's where I work, genious! He's not my boss, nor do I work with him on a daily basis. And the only act I have, is acting like I like my job! In reality, it's like this...you like Rick, that's fine..who really cares?, I have had the unfortunate joy of getting to know him and a few others, and I don't care for him. Facts are, he's not the upstanding officer that you and few, very few, others thinks he is!
Well for the last 10 years I have figured out that no one in this town is what or who they make everyone believe. Unfortunatly I became friends with too many people in this town and got screwed over by just about everyone of them. I gave over 4 years of my life working my butt of for the town and they screwed me too. Rick has never treated me any different, that is why I like him. Rick is Rick all the time no BS.
Bob

Mountain City, TN

#14 Jan 5, 2011
Well!!he does work a mean cross walk at the school. Making sure no parent picks up their kid at the parking lot across the street. What a joke!!!
Fishboy

Nashville, TN

#15 Jan 27, 2011
No matter What you say about Rick I have known him for years and yes he can be a dick but for the most part he does his job and I dont agree with the way he and others handled the horse guy but chilhowie and the rest of Smyth County has it coming...
Ann

Nashville, TN

#16 Jan 28, 2011
Hey Rick, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Revelonce

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2011
I don't care what anybody say's on here, and Im not even gonna look at the negative stuff after my comment. I just want to say that I know Rick Romans and he is a fine man. He would give anyone who asked him, the shirt off his back and tell them to keep it. He absolutely 100% does not discuss stuff behind peoples back that he wouldn't say to their face. If Rick Romans tells you something, then you can hang your hat on it... Good man with a tough job that most people can't do, and his job requires an oath to sware to uphold the laws of Virginia. The oath doesn't say only uphold the law when it makes people happy. Most people act like A-holes and blame the police when their breaking the law and get mad at him when he does his job and blame the police for their own stupidity and call him a piece of crap. When in reality they are the ones doing wrong.
Uhuh

Hermitage, TN

#18 Jan 30, 2011
Icky Ricky.Lol.
Grrrrr

Scottsville, VA

#19 Jan 30, 2011
Revelonce wrote:
I don't care what anybody say's on here, and Im not even gonna look at the negative stuff after my comment. I just want to say that I know Rick Romans and he is a fine man. He would give anyone who asked him, the shirt off his back and tell them to keep it. He absolutely 100% does not discuss stuff behind peoples back that he wouldn't say to their face. If Rick Romans tells you something, then you can hang your hat on it... Good man with a tough job that most people can't do, and his job requires an oath to sware to uphold the laws of Virginia. The oath doesn't say only uphold the law when it makes people happy. Most people act like A-holes and blame the police when their breaking the law and get mad at him when he does his job and blame the police for their own stupidity and call him a piece of crap. When in reality they are the ones doing wrong.
AMEN!!! This is what I have been saying all along. He has a job to do no matter who it is!
Grrrrr

Scottsville, VA

#20 Jan 30, 2011
Tom wrote:
RICK ROMANS =Garbage
Tom = D@#*HEAD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hiring Coaches that Teach 9 hr Citizen 22
Hottest couple in Glade 9 hr Lindsey 11
Michelle boardwine 9 hr Wow 11
Alexis Hess 10 hr Big chains 12
State Hospital SWVMHI 21 hr trumpsmellslikepoop 9
inaguration day. 22 hr trumpsmellslikepoop 2
Who Was It 22 hr gran torino 9

Chilhowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chilhowie Mortgages