Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Well, that can be expensive. Those people need jobs and tearing that building down will give jobs. And Tom would most definitely pay for a permit.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

'Clean up Chilhowie'

Is a chilhowie something like a bigfoot? Or like a chupacabras? If I decide to clean it up do I change as much as grooming a dog or ask for more?

Since: Apr 12

can't help if the truth hurts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
'Clean up Chilhowie'
Is a chilhowie something like a bigfoot? Or like a chupacabras? If I decide to clean it up do I change as much as grooming a dog or ask for more?
It's sort of along the lines of a mangy coyote. But if you try to clean it up, you may get bitten. I'd charge a lot.
the vulture

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

okay wrote:
Well, that can be expensive. Those people need jobs and tearing that building down will give jobs. And Tom would most definitely pay for a permit.
I thought the county owned the land and building.
wanna bet

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

the vulture wrote:
Wonder if it was bidded out or just given. There's more scrap yards than that one around.
bet he knew about it before anyone else
Concerned

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Has anyone noticed the Welcome to Chilhowie sign on Hwy. 11. coming from 7 Mile Ford? Well there is none. Don't the town care?
Boy what a great town pride we have. Any suggestions? Or answers?
Truth teller

Crozet, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
Has anyone noticed the Welcome to Chilhowie sign on Hwy. 11. coming from 7 Mile Ford? Well there is none. Don't the town care?
Boy what a great town pride we have. Any suggestions? Or answers?
Guess the one with the civic club signs just past Apple Valley Road doesn't suit you? Take a blank check by town hall and offer to buy one you like.
Concerned

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Truth teller wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess the one with the civic club signs just past Apple Valley Road doesn't suit you? Take a blank check by town hall and offer to buy one you like.
Dear Truth Teller,
I guess you miss understood...see for yrs. there was a welcome sign there with the club signs.
personalexperien ce

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Alot of people have their own opinion about Mr. Bishop. That's fine but what I am about to say is personal experience alone. A few years back, my dad and I rented a house from Mr. Bishop. Not once did he ask for rent payment. He let us stay in the house free of charge. The only reason we moved was due to an accidental fire set in the house. He could have been greedy and made us pay rent. He could have also demanded we pay for the damages the fire caused. He did not. We all have our faults and failures as well as those things that redeem us. This is not to say that this one personal act redeems for all the failures that people see fit to accuse him of but whose to say that there isn't more stories like mine out there.
the cleaner

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

just find the man that owned the horse...that left the west end haunted house...with the tea bag in one hand and the cell phone in the other...put him in the trunk of the car...and drive him to Marion.
old man

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

IF THE TOWN/COPS WOULD JUST ENFORCE ORDINANCES CHILHOWIE WOULD BE A LOT CLEANER AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT MR BISHOP. SOME OF THE RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES LOOK WORSE AND BUSINESSES ARE BEING CONDUCTED ON THESE PROPERTIES UNLAWFULLY!

Since: Mar 10

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

You All need to wake up and get a new mayor !!!!
Concerned

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Businessman01 wrote:
Amen! Another for himself person. Greed! What has the mayor done for the community since in office?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! Another for himself person. Greed! What has the mayor done for the community since in office?
"NOTHING"
Debbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

old man wrote:
IF THE TOWN/COPS WOULD JUST ENFORCE ORDINANCES CHILHOWIE WOULD BE A LOT CLEANER AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT MR BISHOP. SOME OF THE RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES LOOK WORSE AND BUSINESSES ARE BEING CONDUCTED ON THESE PROPERTIES UNLAWFULLY!
Why are you YELLING!

Since: Apr 12

can't help if the truth hurts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he's put stickers on all your damn cars......what the Hell else do you expect from him????????
need Harley

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Harley T Ford- wrote:
<quoted text> Well he's put stickers on all your damn cars......what the Hell else do you expect from him????????
don't forget, sometimes he walks in the parades! Harley, we need you in Chilhowie, at least you make sense..

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Walk in parades is all he does and that is for his benefit not the towns, He does nothing for the town.
remember

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Businessman01 wrote:
and don't forget a whole new town council!
Hootyhoo

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

remember wrote:
<quoted text>and don't forget a whole new town council!
Keep in mind that you cannot expect a group of brainiacs to magically appear and turn chilhowie into a Norman Rockwell painting. Very few people want to live in such a backward area in the first place. Your current council is probably already the cream of the crop in that barren, sad little town. Depresses me every time I drive through there to visit family. Have bad flashbacks of my childhood when I see it again. Feel sorry for anyone still living there. Hope it gets better though. Just don't hold your breath!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of80
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chilhowie Discussions

Search the Chilhowie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Doss or Karen Tucker 8 hr Chole 3
ring gurl 11 hr larry 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 11 hr Ludwig 2,543
council meeting tonight 12 hr curious 10
City Taxes To Cover BIG Salaries 18 hr Timmy 3
Who is the blonde in a red ford escape Sat curious 1
no yard sales on town property Jul 11 clear them out 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chilhowie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••