Apple Festival
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Me

Crozet, VA

#1 Aug 12, 2012
Does anyone know if you are required to be a resident of Chilhowie or Smyth County to submit a craft or photo into the Festival?
warriormom2

Knoxville, TN

#2 Aug 12, 2012
I DONT THINK SO U CAN CALL LORETTA WILKINSON FOR DETAILS,HER HUSBAND RUNS THE VET OFFICE IN CHILHOWIE,JUST CALL THERE OR LOOK IT UP IN THE PHONE BOOK UNDER JAMES WILKNSON

Since: Mar 10

usa

#3 Aug 18, 2012
Chilhowe Aple Festival LOL yo men the Wilkinson family reuion!
hey

Knoxville, TN

#4 Aug 18, 2012
lol that was a good one
festival goer

Strawberry Plains, TN

#5 Aug 19, 2012
Businessman01 wrote:
Chilhowe Aple Festival LOL yo men the Wilkinson family reuion!
or the Groseclose/Haynes family
Just wondering

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 19, 2012
when is it?
Hmmm

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Aug 19, 2012
Where are the apples?
me too

Strawberry Plains, TN

#8 Aug 30, 2012
festival goer wrote:
<quoted text>or the Groseclose/Haynes family
have you ever noticed that all the people making money include the Groseclose- Haynes families, they are all kin folk and they come from all over the state (and further) to rake in all they can. there's people in smyth co. that need money. now there's the difference. needing and having.
APPLE FEST

Knoxville, TN

#9 Sep 3, 2012
Did you all know the apple festival is like the town of chilhowie. A DAMN JOKE>.......
need to know

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 21, 2012
what does it cost to set up in the vendor spots?
blah

Knoxville, TN

#11 Sep 21, 2012
Hope they throw out teabags at the parade. That'd make my day. :)
Idiots

Knoxville, TN

#12 Sep 22, 2012
Where does the money from apple festival go? How can the Wilkinsons Charge for spots that are not their property>

HMMMMMMMMM
Hmmm

Lebanon, VA

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Idiots wrote:
Where does the money from apple festival go? How can the Wilkinsons Charge for spots that are not their property>
HMMMMMMMMM
The Wilkinsons DONT charge for spots off their property. They do serve on committees what rent spots for the apple festival committee. The income from the booths, etc doesn't cover the expenses. Volunteer next year and see for your self
really

Paducah, KY

#14 Sep 24, 2012
who cares
SO WHAT

Buckingham, VA

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Who would want to volunteer for a dam apple festival in a town that don't even have apples anymore. OH heck get to see the dam mayor walk up the street. WOOO HOOOO....

SO would be nice to see how much oney the apple festival has in its account. Then tell the people it dont even cover or they lose money....
angry bird

Strawberry Plains, TN

#16 Sep 24, 2012
SO WHAT wrote:
Who would want to volunteer for a dam apple festival in a town that don't even have apples anymore. OH heck get to see the dam mayor walk up the street. WOOO HOOOO....
SO would be nice to see how much oney the apple festival has in its account. Then tell the people it dont even cover or they lose money....
don't they have over a mil in it's treasury?
ole joe

Strawberry Plains, TN

#17 Sep 24, 2012
APPLE FEST wrote:
Did you all know the apple festival is like the town of chilhowie. A DAMN JOKE>.......
hey, they should have the horseman they run off as parade marshal and give him the key to the town. At least I'm proud Marion was kind to him.
gucci

Strawberry Plains, TN

#18 Sep 24, 2012
Just got approved for my booth!!!! I'll be serving Apple Tea! Some of the CHS football players have been helping me with all the TEABAGS! It was a PAIN, but we got them all Stuffed and Filled!
Exactly

Knoxville, TN

#19 Sep 27, 2012
The festival used to be wonderful. Lots of festivities and things gong on.It has died down now to practically nothing. I am ashamed that it has dropped to the level it has now. What do they have in their account? Now thats top secret stuff there. Good luck getting that information. The same old people have ran the festival for years and have ran it in the ground. They need to get up with the times and stop doing things like they ran them 50 years ago. The Apple Festival Committe controls thewhole town and what goes on. It's not a community event it's a few people event that wants to high light themselves. The churchs used to sell a few hot dogs for fund raisers, they can't even d that. No drinks, no food, nothing unless they say so. Some community event. Rebecca Wilkinson thinks she runs the whole thing, ut she don't have a clue. Right on, it's a family run festival not a community event. Let the town run it and make it a community event not a few family run event. GET A GRIP ON THE FESTIVAL BEFORE IT GOES DOWN TO NOTHING. IT'S HEDED THRE AND I HATE TO SEE IT HAPPN TO MY LITTLE HOME TOWN!!!
event or not

Strawberry Plains, TN

#20 Sep 28, 2012
Exactly wrote:
The festival used to be wonderful. Lots of festivities and things gong on.It has died down now to practically nothing. I am ashamed that it has dropped to the level it has now. What do they have in their account? Now thats top secret stuff there. Good luck getting that information. The same old people have ran the festival for years and have ran it in the ground. They need to get up with the times and stop doing things like they ran them 50 years ago. The Apple Festival Committe controls thewhole town and what goes on. It's not a community event it's a few people event that wants to high light themselves. The churchs used to sell a few hot dogs for fund raisers, they can't even d that. No drinks, no food, nothing unless they say so. Some community event. Rebecca Wilkinson thinks she runs the whole thing, ut she don't have a clue. Right on, it's a family run festival not a community event. Let the town run it and make it a community event not a few family run event. GET A GRIP ON THE FESTIVAL BEFORE IT GOES DOWN TO NOTHING. IT'S HEDED THRE AND I HATE TO SEE IT HAPPN TO MY LITTLE HOME TOWN!!!
they sure have a way to make everyone feel less than nothing if you are not in the clique. and as for the money , someone said the always have over a million dollars in the treasury. They should have to show the community a report of all monies made and all expenditures. Now ain't that fair since it ia a community event?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
junk store (Jul '12) 4 hr Lamont 6
Apartments 13 hr Granny 3
Ho 13 hr Corndick 1
William Jarboe 14 hr My People 21
farm use tag's?????????? (Jun '10) 15 hr Citizen1 74
Drugs (Jul '16) 20 hr Not carrot top 24
Adwolf(e) Wolfe Pac 21 hr Misha Zuchick 2

Chilhowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chilhowie Mortgages