food city chilhowie
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LOSERS

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Must be a crap of a place to work or shop..........

Over priced. PISS POOR management from top to bottom......

Yea eat in the crap hole they call a Deli. WAY OVER PRICED for the crap food they serve on THE HOT BAR. Yea speak to the looney they have managing the Deli. SHE IS CLUELESS and don't care..........Will bring more than enough food when I take my next hunting trip to the area to hunt. Or eat what I kill while hunting..

Must be 25 store managers at food city. none of them have a clue it seems. Was in there one day and ask for a manager and was told I needed to speak with MOOSE. Well he got a brain like a moose. Believe he is just a company suck up..

Glad I don't live there and shop. FOOD CITY..........

POOR CHILHOWIE Your town needs a real store...... at least that unfriendly place needs competition.... I rode through town and saw a lot of empty stores and old run down business buildings. Closed manufacturing plants...

But one ting I did notice was there must have been 10 churches and 5 banks in that little crap hole town..........
Elk

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Very glad you don't live or shop here either because it sounds like you have a lot of trouble getting along with anybody. And judging by the post you should check the mirror for the problem because you sound very entitled and confrontational, especially if you approached them with the attitude you have here. Perhaps on the way out of town as you're cursing the churches and town you can blow all your food stamps (sounds like you have no need for a bank) at the first food lion or walmart you run across with their pre-packaged deli delights. I hear Pennsylvania has some food hunting spots you may want to check out.
truth hurts

Strawberry Plains, TN

#3 Nov 18, 2012
Elk wrote:
Very glad you don't live or shop here either because it sounds like you have a lot of trouble getting along with anybody. And judging by the post you should check the mirror for the problem because you sound very entitled and confrontational, especially if you approached them with the attitude you have here. Perhaps on the way out of town as you're cursing the churches and town you can blow all your food stamps (sounds like you have no need for a bank) at the first food lion or walmart you run across with their pre-packaged deli delights. I hear Pennsylvania has some food hunting spots you may want to check out.
now, don't you sound like a bundle of fun yourself? the truth hurts sometimes, ya know?
Anti Food City

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 18, 2012
The original poster is right. Food City pretty well sucks not just the one in Chilhowie but all of them. However, there was no need to insult and belittle the entire town over one poor excuse for a business that the town has no control over. Food City as a company needs a major overhaul. When you can stand in line with the entire front end packed with customers waiting on 3 or 4 cashiers to check them out and you have 4 people standing up in the little box talking and laughing because they are management and to good to run a cash register that says something about the company. People give Walmart a hard time but when they are busy at least they get everyone in the store to the front end to run a register. I have been checked out many times by someone wearing a name badge that said manager on it. Maybe Food City should take management lessons from Walmart if they want to provide good customer service.
Elk

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2012
truth hurts wrote:
<quoted text> now, don't you sound like a bundle of fun yourself? the truth hurts sometimes, ya know?
Judgmental much yourself basing bold statements on little to no info?

The original post goes far beyond a grocery store and strikes out at churches and banks and empty storefronts. Perhaps I was a bit brash but only because of pride in the town and fact that its hateful to strike at such things and supermarket employees most likely making minimum wage on a part time basis because they have no other options. I was just making the point if you hate it here there are other options. Nothing personal, I just really like it here and it seems unnecessary to be insulting to the whole town.

And I'd you don't like food city, there are other options not far away. No need to go on a rant against the town. I've never had a problem there and if it goes out of business it'll probably be the end of the town (who moves to a town & what other business will open if there's no grocery store). Lets be realistic though, Walmart is certainly inferior though in terms of the customer service and wait (imho), quality of food you get as Walmart imports even food (not just others and electronics), especially meat and produce, from foreign countries while food city often uses local farms, & the impact to the local economy as food city is a local store and at Walmart the profits go to shareholders all over the world. Although I will say I have no problem at all with the employees there as they're fine people.
Good ole gall

Knoxville, TN

#6 Nov 18, 2012
They are the only grocery store in town, unfortunately. But they have worked witb me and try to and get foods in for my food allergies. Better tban driving to Bristol or going online and paying shipping fees. I have never eaten at the deli, so I can not remark on that. So sad we always hear the negative about our area but nothing good.
Jessica

Knoxville, TN

#7 Nov 18, 2012
That food in the deli is the best they've ever had! My mom is one of the 2 women who actually cook. My mom uses recipes off the internet to put on the hot bar! You don't like it because you clearly never had real food since all you eat is the crap you kill! And Moose is one of the few good managers in that store that everyone likes him!
Good ole gall

Knoxville, TN

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Jessica wrote:
That food in the deli is the best they've ever had! My mom is one of the 2 women who actually cook. My mom uses recipes off the internet to put on the hot bar! You don't like it because you clearly never had real food since all you eat is the crap you kill! And Moose is one of the few good managers in that store that everyone likes him!
proud of you girl. Your mamy did.something right. You sound like a.wonderful person.
ford250

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Nov 19, 2012
the man is telling the truth
who cares

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Nov 19, 2012
The place is only groocery store here
Brian

Strawberry Plains, TN

#11 Nov 19, 2012
We need another store in Chilhowie
Butters sect

Baltimore, MD

#12 Nov 19, 2012
Moose is a fattie with crooked teeth.
WHO CARE2

Strawberry Plains, TN

#13 Nov 21, 2012
I think we need another store in town
ford250

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 21, 2012
foodcity will never let another store in this town

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Nov 21, 2012
ford250 wrote:
foodcity will never let another store in this town
food city wouldn't have a choice if another chain announced they were buying property and building a store. but the problem is the demographics, town population is only 1721

i actually really like food city tho i dont eat at hot bar. much rather shop there than anywhere in marion. a lot of people complain about it but i think they complain because theres no other option. i hear same things about food country. if it were another chain theyd complain about it too if it were the only one.
Apples to oranges

Ferrum, VA

#16 Nov 24, 2012
FC employees are trained and do our jobs and yes there are a few who could do much better but you have that everywhere, this is how they were raised and I am thinking they could very well b one of your children or siblings (the ones who are bad mouthing) and they learned this and then when they get a job they use it .
I wish everyone had to work a FC for 1 full day and you would see it is much different then how you are seeing things .This breaks my heart most of us there are friendy and always help customers (I do my best) and this is how you comment is to ALL the workers.
yes I would agree another store would be nice butI don't hear a word of it happening & why would someone want to with all this bad mouthing of the town in general....
Classy lady

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Most of the people who post are negative. Not only about food city buy everything. I know most of the people in Chilhowie are good people, but I can not stand a whiner or negative person. Who would want
to employ you grouches. Life s so much better handled with a smile and positive attitude. We all have alot to need thankful for.
Apples to oranges

Ferrum, VA

#18 Nov 24, 2012
Classy lady wrote:
Most of the people who post are negative. Not only about food city buy everything. I know most of the people in Chilhowie are good people, but I can not stand a whiner or negative person. Who would want
to employ you grouches. Life s so much better handled with a smile and positive attitude. We all have alot to need thankful for.
I am so sorry but i hope you come in and meet up with me with a question or something . I don't like being included with others , Send me a email addy, i will give you my name and you make a few trips and watch and then get back with me on this subject . I can't post my name on here don't think FC would like that . I am that confident that at least to clear my name i am all for it ..One bad apple don't spoil the whole basket
Anti Food City

Knoxville, TN

#19 Nov 25, 2012
Apples to oranges wrote:
FC employees are trained and do our jobs and yes there are a few who could do much better but you have that everywhere, this is how they were raised and I am thinking they could very well b one of your children or siblings (the ones who are bad mouthing) and they learned this and then when they get a job they use it .
I wish everyone had to work a FC for 1 full day and you would see it is much different then how you are seeing things .This breaks my heart most of us there are friendy and always help customers (I do my best) and this is how you comment is to ALL the workers.
yes I would agree another store would be nice butI don't hear a word of it happening & why would someone want to with all this bad mouthing of the town in general....
My comment wasn't directed toward the employees in general. The problem with Food City is the company as a whole and the management of the stores. The management is however trained by the company so their performance is directly related to company actions. The hourly employees can only work with what they are given. I have worked in retail and am still working in retail in management. I can tell you that if some of the things I have seen in Food City went on in a store I have worked in there would be disiplinary action and terminations. Food City is not a customer friendly company. They seem to have the opinion that the customers have no choice but to shop there which is why I take my business elsewhere whenever possible.
Joanne

Strawberry Plains, TN

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Good ole gall wrote:
<quoted text> proud of you girl. Your mamy did.something right. You sound like a.wonderful person.
you can't spell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kestner (Aug '11) 3 hr Teehee 6
Saltville- Late 80s, Early 90s 6 hr Billy Ray Virus 8
Pass me the Butter 6 hr dont want to go 2
Rich Valley Fair (Aug '09) 6 hr rope em 23
Open Gym 12 hr slam dunk 2
Buckeye hollow 13 hr Concerned citizen 3
Smart mouth people 13 hr redhorse 7

Chilhowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance