First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Marion, VA

#22 Mar 29, 2012
MightyWarriors wrote:
<quoted text>
You will find her in Saltville, that's where she lives. But as for the Sturgills... They are great people that help this town and school out more than any others have. They had a Wonderful resturant, do great things for the athletics dept and gave teens a decent place to earn some money plus they were good to them! Where else have you seen that in this little town? I guess it was hard for them to hold down full time jobs and run a business that they worked hard in also... plus Randy volunteers at the firehall to put his life on the line to save yours! Oh yeaa, They find the time to spend quality time with their children, never missing a sporting event or other activity that their children are in. I dont see any others that quite match up around here! Of course, you can't convince everyone. All have their opinions, and that is just what they are...opinions.
GO WARRIORS!
I liked what you wrote on supporting families, teens and community. Sounds like a great "family". I'm sure the business is missed by the whole town mostly the student's a Chilhowie High.
Remembering the day's of walking to Clark's Pharmacy after school and getting a snack. I'm sure the teen's enjoyed that place.
Peace

Springfield, TN

#23 Apr 3, 2012
Good people...Good food...and they supported their community. Thanksgiving day they feed the community a FREE turkey dinner. It was wonderful to see the people passing through Chilhowie, people from Marion and locals sitting eating together. I haven't seen anyone else beings so kind to our citizen's. Didn't your parent's ever teach you not to say anything if you could not say something good!
nothing good

Springfield, TN

#24 Apr 5, 2012
Peace wrote:
Good people...Good food...and they supported their community. Thanksgiving day they feed the community a FREE turkey dinner. It was wonderful to see the people passing through Chilhowie, people from Marion and locals sitting eating together. I haven't seen anyone else beings so kind to our citizen's. Didn't your parent's ever teach you not to say anything if you could not say something good!
there you are again, trying to start something, why don't you try to make this a better world instead of running your mouth and trying to cause trouble?
Peace

Springfield, TN

#25 Apr 5, 2012
Are you not aware of Freedom of Speach..this is still America. Maybe you are just not use to people speaking up for those who give of theie time and energy to serve the public. Topix is a venting avenue, to express yourself. What is with you and my mouth and trouble? You could never debate anything...by the way never run for a public office..If you want to make a better world try standing up for what is right, and not bad mouthing those who have enough forsight not to put their heads in the sand. iF I try and defend someone, you attack me and say I am running my mouth.....what is you problem. You are no match of words with me so don't even try. Your a nobody.
hickfrumsticks

Hermitage, TN

#26 Apr 6, 2012
Shes in saltville washing out her beaver
Curious wrote:
What ever happened to the good looking blond that was working there?
curious

Boone, NC

#27 Jul 12, 2012
Does anyone know what's coming into the old pit?
just my opinion

United States

#28 Jul 28, 2012
I really enjoyed The Pit while it was open. The Sturgills are really good people. I don't know of any other local restaurant that served free Thanksgiving dinners. They even boxed dinners up to take to the nursing home. It is a shame that people go out of their way to run down others. What about pride in your community, loving others, building each other up?
Shaggy

Knoxville, TN

#29 Sep 26, 2012
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my facts. It is you that doesn't know that facts. It is the same Sturgills. How man Sturgills are there around the town of Chilhowie? Only one. Get a clue.
Are you just not from Chilhowie? Idiot. There's at least 7 Sturgill family's within a 10 mile radius of the Pit. Get your facts right, DA. Jealous much? They obviously are nicer people than you'll ever be. They were never rude, nor will they ever be. You need to know what's right and wrong before you cry on a stupid website. Stfu, and realize, there's other people in this world besides you.
Crap for BBQ

Buckingham, VA

#30 Sep 27, 2012
I ate there one day and it was like $6.99. Was so so. I went on friday the next week ordered the same thing around 730 friday night. Same menu when I went to check out it was nearly $15.00. My 2nd and last trip. I even brought it to their attention and they could care less. Nice to see a rip off joint close.
Just Me

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Sep 28, 2012
I went there a few times and I enjoyed the food each time. I did not think their prices were too bad. The service as good, too. I have no complaints about the restaurant or the people I encountered while there. It's sad to see them gone. I do think we need a bit more variety in Chilhowie.
Shaggy

Paducah, KY

#32 Nov 25, 2012
Crap for BBQ wrote:
I ate there one day and it was like $6.99. Was so so. I went on friday the next week ordered the same thing around 730 friday night. Same menu when I went to check out it was nearly $15.00. My 2nd and last trip. I even brought it to their attention and they could care less. Nice to see a rip off joint close.
HA! Have you ever even heard of the economy? You try and keep the same prices. If you don't know anything about the Sturgills, don't start shit about them. Get your freaking facts straight. They are very nice people. And yea, because they totally only had football players working.. That's why most of the employees were 20+ women. Grow the fuck up and get off topix. No one wants to hear your petty shit. Don't know them? Don't start shit about them.

Since: Jul 13

La Plata, MD

#33 Nov 27, 2012
pleasegetthefactsright wrote:
<quoted text>
.....actually....it's not even the same Sturgills. Please don't start crap on here if you have no clue what you're talking about.
No not Mike, but family. We do know what we' re talking about.

Since: Jul 13

La Plata, MD

#34 Nov 27, 2012
Crap for BBQ wrote:
. They are shady people. They did a event over in Saltville and all proceeds went toward a charity, They skipped out. They didn't turn in any of their profits they earned that day and just left cause of that they were not welcomed back. The charity was for sick kids. That says a lot. Their crooks. That's why they couldn't handle the money side to the business.
jklasdjklasdfjkl sdfjkl

Strawberry Plains, TN

#35 Feb 20, 2013
I worked at the Pit and it was a great place. sad to see it close. By the way, my last name is not Sturgill, I am not royalty, and I didnt play football. Still ate and worked there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food City 2 hr 1 Cute 1 5
The High School 3 hr Panther Support 34
Footballman 3 hr Ultimate Dream Team 14
Football 5 hr Football man 7
I heard the guy name is john walker with genera... 5 hr Southern cross girl 1
Gary Deadbeat Leslie 5 hr Pissed off grandma 1
meth (Oct '13) 5 hr Truth hurts 10

Chilhowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance