Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

what happened to the pit? no business? i liked it alot.
The Man

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

I ate there twice. 1st time, and last time. Worst food I've had in a loooooooong time.
Unknown

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Well the pit bbq closed down because they weren't getting enough business to pay all the employees they had working for them. Of course it was the Sturgill family who started the business. Just comes to show that they are not royalty like they think they are. Sturgill just needs to keep his day job as a principle, better yet, everyone would be better off if he just quit the school system because he does nothing but give the innocent people a hard time.
Harley T Ford

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

THAT PLACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED "THE OL NASTY, SALTY, PORK SHOULDER PIT". ONLY PLACE I EVER ATE THAT SERVED BBQ WHICH CAME WITH THE SAUCE YOU HAD TO APPLY YOURSELF. NO DAMN WONDER THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH BUSINESS! NASTY.
pleasegetthefact sright

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Unknown wrote:
Well the pit bbq closed down because they weren't getting enough business to pay all the employees they had working for them. Of course it was the Sturgill family who started the business. Just comes to show that they are not royalty like they think they are. Sturgill just needs to keep his day job as a principle, better yet, everyone would be better off if he just quit the school system because he does nothing but give the innocent people a hard time.
.....actually....it's not even the same Sturgills. Please don't start crap on here if you have no clue what you're talking about.
Curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

You have to admit that their peanut butter pie was awesome!!!!!
rachel

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

Because they had half the football team for chilhowie working there. So they didn't have enough money to pay everyone. You either had a number on the back of your jersey, or you were well known with a royal reputation to even be working there. They treated customers like they were "no bodies" unless they were in some sort of sport. Or unless they were good friends of the sturgills. And to the comment above, no mike sturgill the principal of the high-school does not own the pit, but his family does. The whole sturgill clan in general act's like their shit don't stink.
what

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

be nice
2424Kon

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

The Pit was a wonderful place to eat and gather with great food and wonderful service. I naver ate anything bad there. The Sturgill family that owned it are fine people, and the principal at CHS helped out there, since it was his brother and brother's wife's restaurant. If you did not work there, how do you come off judging their hiring practices? They are not royalty, and never did they or do they now act like royalty. You people who are putting it down just need to grow up!! Start your own restaurant and see how it is!!! It is a lot harder than you think, and I miss the Pit!!
wtd99

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

I don't know a whole lot of people from Chilhowie...pretty sure I can't be called any kind of royalty and I always had great service and food, everyone I dealt with there was very nice. And yes the peanut butter pie was very good!
Tandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Great food and always got good service with a smile. I hate seeing it close but understand the hardship of trying hold down a full time day job and trying to run the pit. They made a good go of it and I will miss them.
Jessica

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

pleasegetthefactsright wrote:
<quoted text>
.....actually....it's not even the same Sturgills. Please don't start crap on here if you have no clue what you're talking about.
I know my facts. It is you that doesn't know that facts. It is the same Sturgills. How man Sturgills are there around the town of Chilhowie? Only one. Get a clue.
Jessica

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

rachel wrote:
Because they had half the football team for chilhowie working there. So they didn't have enough money to pay everyone. You either had a number on the back of your jersey, or you were well known with a royal reputation to even be working there. They treated customers like they were "no bodies" unless they were in some sort of sport. Or unless they were good friends of the sturgills. And to the comment above, no mike sturgill the principal of the high-school does not own the pit, but his family does. The whole sturgill clan in general act's like their shit don't stink.
You are exactly right! Mike Sturgill always had to have the best of the best in little league sports. Why he got the first pick? I don't know. He probably paid all of those people to make sure he got the first pick. If he gets a hold of this high school football team then everyone needs to be prepared for it to go down the drain. What was the point in following his kids all the way to high school? When they were in elem. school he was principle. Middle school he was principle. Then high school. He absolutely ruined high school for a lot of students by taking away a ton of Mr. Reedy's traditions. He's not as great as he thinks he is.
R U kidding

Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Food was terrible.
Prices were too high ! 5.25 PBQ sandwich - 3 good bites.
Service was lousy.
Free market prevailed in this case !
Better luck next time !
Curious

Gambrills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

What ever happened to the good looking blond that was working there?
ChilBill

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Curious wrote:
Always one in the crowd. We know why you were there.?
Concerned2

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Does everyone know if their selling the Pit?
Is the equipment and furnishings still there?
Just curious. A friend may check in to it.
Curious

Capitol Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

ChilBill wrote:
<quoted text>Always one in the crowd. We know why you were there.?
. Yes, the peanut butter pie!!!!!
wonderchild

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>I know my facts. It is you that doesn't know that facts. It is the same Sturgills. How man Sturgills are there around the town of Chilhowie? Only one. Get a clue.
sweetheart you need to grow up! It was Randy and Julie Sturgill who owned it not Mike (who by the way is Randy's brother). Don't be running off at the mouth like this it only makes you look bad.
MightyWarriors

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

Judged:

Curious wrote:
You will find her in Saltville, that's where she lives. But as for the Sturgills... They are great people that help this town and school out more than any others have. They had a Wonderful resturant, do great things for the athletics dept and gave teens a decent place to earn some money plus they were good to them! Where else have you seen that in this little town? I guess it was hard for them to hold down full time jobs and run a business that they worked hard in also... plus Randy volunteers at the firehall to put his life on the line to save yours! Oh yeaa, They find the time to spend quality time with their children, never missing a sporting event or other activity that their children are in. I dont see any others that quite match up around here! Of course, you can't convince everyone. All have their opinions, and that is just what they are...opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonald's in Chilhowie 13 hr curious 1
Toni heath Hamm 19 hr F you 1
David Mckinght up on overlook 20 hr P_I_ me 1
Dry fork road thief Mon Out sidereal 20
police on dry fork (Oct '13) Aug 17 Looking 11
Is Sierra davenport pregnant?? Aug 17 Ash 4
Jonathan James Ensor (Sep '13) Aug 17 Camo Princess 17

Search the Chilhowie Forum:
•••
•••