The polls are now open. Any predictions?

The polls are now open. Any predictions?

Posted in the Chilhowie Forum

Since: Apr 10

Chilhowie, VA

#1 May 4, 2010
It's supposed to be nice all day. Some passions are high, but turnout in off-year, off-month elections usually isn't all that great. Are people going to want to "stay the course" or are they more in a mood to "throw the bums out?"
Dr Bill

Union Hall, VA

#2 May 4, 2010
I'd predict less than 10% of the eligible voters will even take the time to go vote. Statewide average will be in the 6-8%. Hope I'm wrong. If you don't vote, don't gripe!

Chilhowie, VA

#3 May 4, 2010
Dr Bill wrote:
I'd predict less than 10% of the eligible voters will even take the time to go vote. Statewide average will be in the 6-8%. Hope I'm wrong. If you don't vote, don't gripe!
Alas, you're probably more right than not.
a voter

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 4, 2010
throw the bums out. lew shortt, gary henninger, brent foster, bill boswell. town would be so much better off with out those guys. I WILL VOTE TODAY.

Chilhowie, VA

#5 May 4, 2010
It looks like turnout is better than I expected (for Chilhowie, anyway) -- although when I voted, there were more candidates (all of them except Gary Hafer, I think), poll workers (seven or eight), and assorted political groupies (five or six) than there were voters (me). I have no feel for how this bodes for anyone in particular -- they all seemed happy and optimistic. If you haven't voted yet, there's still time (the polls won't close until seven). Go get 'em, tiger...
a voter

Coeburn, VA

#6 May 4, 2010
Voted! Hafer all the way!
CHILHOWIE

Knoxville, TN

#7 May 4, 2010
WELL WHEN I VOTED AROUND 11 THIS MORNING ALL THE NEW PEOPLE THAT WAS RUNNING SHOOK MY HAND AND ALL OF THE OTHER ONES THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE OFFICE JUST STOOD HTERE
FULLOADD

Knoxville, TN

#8 May 4, 2010
CHILHOWIE wrote:
WELL WHEN I VOTED AROUND 11 THIS MORNING ALL THE NEW PEOPLE THAT WAS RUNNING SHOOK MY HAND AND ALL OF THE OTHER ONES THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE OFFICE JUST STOOD HTERE
this just might be hint as to the outcome of the election,just have to wait and see!
was there

Chilhowie, VA

#9 May 4, 2010
apparently people didnt want change....
a voter

Coeburn, VA

#10 May 4, 2010
i cant believe it. I honestly thought Chilhowie had a chance this time. How can people be satisfied with the status quo?

Chilhowie, VA

#11 May 5, 2010
a voter wrote:
i cant believe it. I honestly thought Chilhowie had a chance this time. How can people be satisfied with the status quo?
The status quo is comfortable, non-threatening, and doesn't require a lot of thought to maintain. Replacing the mayor and half the town council in one fell swoop is the closest thing to a revolution than most folks around here would ever see. At least we got one of 'em in. At that rate, the town will be in pretty good shape by the time I will have already been dead for a few years!
chilhowie best

Knoxville, TN

#12 May 5, 2010
WELL IF YOU GET RID OF BILL BOSWELL AND THE CHEIF STEVE FART PRICE AND RICK DEAD BEAT ROMANS THIS TOWN WOULD BE GREAT!! AND WHY ARE WE PAYING RICK ROMANS TO RUN HIS MOUTH ABOUT HOW BAD CHILHOWIE IS. RICK ROMANS SHOULD BEEN FIRED YEARS AGO OR SENT TO PRSION WHEN SHEIFIELD WENT. RICK ROMANS IS A DEAD BEAT POLICE OFFICER. I WISH THEY WOULD FIRE HIM MAYBE HE COULD GO TO WORK WITH THE IDIOTS AT FOOD CITY!!! GET ROMANS OUT OF CHILHOWIE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allen bradley clark of saltville 4 hr someone 1
Julie B 4 hr Car ludicrous 2
who's ChadLittle dating? 4 hr Just askin 6
Marina Gross 7 hr Laughing hard 2
Home Loan 8 hr know him 7
ynoword??? 10 hr the joker 2
Glade Spring drug dealers (Jun '10) 13 hr girls 63
More from around the web

Chilhowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE