First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scum of the Earth

Max Meadows, VA

#22 Apr 19, 2013
grannie wrote:
<quoted text> well, whatever, you sound like your \
chosen name, no common sense there, and no I have nothing to do with any concern, you?
Did I mention I EAT Grannies????
Moma

Washington, DC

#23 Apr 19, 2013
Teaching the basics of money management is great but there are so many that want everything handed to them. When children grow up in a home where the parents dont work and they do just fine, then they learn that there is no need to strive for better as adults themselves. Also I was taught that you dont have a nice home and vehicle immediately out of high school, you work your way up. So many young people want to run out and buy a $30,000 car and $100,000 home, their concern is looking rich even tho they are drowning in debt. Awhile back I heard a woman who I would guess gets the maximum amount of government assistance possible say she was going to throw away a pair if shoes her kid got for Christmas because even tho they were brand name they looked "cheap"and she didn't want people thinking her kid would wear something that wasn't expensive.
The fact is

Abingdon, VA

#24 Apr 19, 2013
The fact is, this is almost over. Let's face it, when they are used to getting everything for nothing there is no way they are going to step up to the plate and work (or even do volunteer work)for anything. But now that there are more takers than makers this is going to end soon if it is not changed now. The difference is they will not know how to survive because they are used to laying on the couch with a remote in hand. The makers on the other hand will survive. It will be hard but at least they will have what they have worked for. When the government is busted there will be no one to hand it over to them. I saw a post from a Settler's Point resident sometime back complaining because they don't have washers and dryers in their apartment! They have a laundromat on the premises but I guess that was just not convenient enough. You absolutely cannot give them enough, they always want you to pay for something else. Yes, we need to stick together and change this. If we sit back and say nothing but bitch on Topix it will not change. But if we call our senators, congressmen, state representatives we can make a difference. We are the taxpayers that not only pay for the mooching, deadbeat low lifes but we also pay their salary. Call today. It is never to soon to get this stopped. People have to start taking responsibility for their own lives and stop expecting everyone else to pay their way.
Well now

Abingdon, VA

#25 Apr 19, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Wouldn't it be helpful to have classes to attend that would teach you to manage your money and finances for the different aspects in your life? Instead of handing out welfare cards or giving out money. Life skills class. So many don't understand or know how.
Give them a fish feed them one day, teach them to fish, feed them for life. What do you think?
I can tell by the way this post was judged that there are plenty that don't like the idea of learning to manage on their own. They don't want off the government teet!
Give it up

Bristol, VA

#26 Apr 19, 2013
Very well said "The fact is". Agree 100 percent. Agree with you too "Well now." NO ONE is enttitled to live off others, unless you are under 18 and the others are your parents. I'd like to go to the Caymans or somewhere like that and start all over.
good classes

Strawberry Plains, TN

#29 Apr 20, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! See...an old timer like me that attended CHS in the 70's not so far out there yet! Thank you so much for sharing that info. And also Concerned is only "Concerned" nobody else!!
That sounds like a great class to have much needed and think about the kids that have no one to teach them those skills and great skills to learn before attending college.
didn't everything start going downhill when prayer was taken out of school? It is not a good picture to think how some children are being neglected and not taught to respect others. any program or class tp promote good and help in our life is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire department (Jun '15) 10 hr Funny 20
Nikki Harris (Oct '15) 13 hr Mark 20
youth little league sports 16 hr Blake Carrington 23
Chilhowie McDonalds 18 hr Chilhowie101 1
The High School 19 hr Coach Cline 2
Bikini contest Wednesday at Dip Dog May 21 Tony 8
Did you lunch at Dip Dog today? May 21 MissOthmar 6

Chilhowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance