Home managment classes
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Wouldn't it be helpful to have classes to attend that would teach you to manage your money and finances for the different aspects in your life? Instead of handing out welfare cards or giving out money. Life skills class. So many don't understand or know how.
Give them a fish feed them one day, teach them to fish, feed them for life. What do you think?
Caring People

Strawberry Plains, TN

#2 Mar 27, 2013
I think it is a creative idea, the only problem is getting people to attend. In most cases it is money they do not earn, and easy money does not mean the same as hard earned money. Until people want to be helped out of the life style they are living....and better their situations it simple will not happen. The government has created a generation of people who would rather live off the system then work (with some exceptions) Time limits should be set, and if jobs are not available, then do volunteer work. Something to give back to the system. Pride and shame are just not what they use to be. My grandparents and parents taught us to work. That is almost a thing of the past in America.
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Thanks for your reply Caring People, I understand about the pride and shame part. But you know "we" have accepted this behavior & and now we have the result. We need to retrain the society & not accept bad behavior, dress, language, drugs, etc. We need to speak out and take back the "right way". Don't know how but the believe the two of us are on the same page.
Harley T Ford-

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 27, 2013
All schools should be required to teach a course in PERSONAL money management, and it should be a required course for ALL students. It's always amazed me that schools teach students things they need to know in order to get a job (that's before jobs were all sent to third world an communist countries) and make money......but don't teach them a damn thing about how to hold on to some of it. Caring People (above post) is right.....the government has created a whole generation of Welfare Rats. And this new, Ahem, so called president has taken that to new levels.
Harley T Ford-

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Mar 27, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Thanks for your reply Caring People, I understand about the pride and shame part. But you know "we" have accepted this behavior & and now we have the result. We need to retrain the society & not accept bad behavior, dress, language, drugs, etc. We need to speak out and take back the "right way". Don't know how but the believe the two of us are on the same page.
One way to move forward is to start demanding that Congress get off its ass and do its job......then get rid of the POS president that thinks Gay rights is the most urgent problem facing the country today. Quit oiling the damn squeaking wheel and fix the freakin motor for Christ sake!
Caring People

Strawberry Plains, TN

#6 Mar 28, 2013
We can not make a change if we do not stand together. I for one have been taking part in the phone town hall meeting where you can ask the hard questions to politicians. If you can not go when the have their rally in our area, go on their web site and let them know what is on your mind....they will get back to you. They need to know we expect them do what they say...to get our vote. We need to vote for people with some morals. We can take this country back and make a change, but not one person at a time. We need to clean our Washington and put some common people with a work ethic and love of country. We need to gain back the respect in the world we once had...and stop this spending we don't have!
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#7 Apr 11, 2013
I agree with Harley T Ford. The schools should have a class especially in High School teaching about life skills. Keeping a job, banking, meal planning etc. I had that at CHS in the 1970's do they not have that or anything like that any more? Mr. Eggers taught it & it was great & what a great positive influence he had on us great great teacher, preacher, bus driver, undertaker, etc. They need that taught if they don't anymore.
keep it to yourself

Strawberry Plains, TN

#8 Apr 12, 2013
Caring People wrote:
We can not make a change if we do not stand together. I for one have been taking part in the phone town hall meeting where you can ask the hard questions to politicians. If you can not go when the have their rally in our area, go on their web site and let them know what is on your mind....they will get back to you. They need to know we expect them do what they say...to get our vote. We need to vote for people with some morals. We can take this country back and make a change, but not one person at a time. We need to clean our Washington and put some common people with a work ethic and love of country. We need to gain back the respect in the world we once had...and stop this spending we don't have!
go to the town meetings and tell them your words of wisdom, see what good it does, we need to start at the local level first, don't ya think?
Caring People

Strawberry Plains, TN

#9 Apr 13, 2013
Now you voted for those people, you have to live with them until next election. Nothing I say will make a difference. I was thinking about the bigger picture, we need to make our voice's heard. And the only way we can achieve that is in numbers. And I have no words of wisdom,just common sense.
life style

Strawberry Plains, TN

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Caring People wrote:
I think it is a creative idea, the only problem is getting people to attend. In most cases it is money they do not earn, and easy money does not mean the same as hard earned money. Until people want to be helped out of the life style they are living....and better their situations it simple will not happen. The government has created a generation of people who would rather live off the system then work (with some exceptions) Time limits should be set, and if jobs are not available, then do volunteer work. Something to give back to the system. Pride and shame are just not what they use to be. My grandparents and parents taught us to work. That is almost a thing of the past in America.
when you say the government is at fault,do you mean Obama?
Give it up

Bristol, VA

#12 Apr 17, 2013
Folks, the takers are now the majority. For the next few cycles, until we are totally and completely bankrupt, government will be owned by those who promise the most to the takers. The American "Experiment" is completely over. Done. Kaput. Those who want to work and make their own way in life have finally lost. Last election proved that.
more concerned

Strawberry Plains, TN

#13 Apr 17, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I agree with Harley T Ford. The schools should have a class especially in High School teaching about life skills. Keeping a job, banking, meal planning etc. I had that at CHS in the 1970's do they not have that or anything like that any more? Mr. Eggers taught it & it was great & what a great positive influence he had on us great great teacher, preacher, bus driver, undertaker, etc. They need that taught if they don't anymore.
mr.eggers has retired and we live in 2013..
grannie

Strawberry Plains, TN

#14 Apr 17, 2013
Concerned wrote:
are you and caring people the same person? sounds like it? who told you, you have common sense?
Scum of the Earth

Max Meadows, VA

#15 Apr 17, 2013
more concerned wrote:
<quoted text> mr.eggers has retired and we live in 2013..
So you've moved on to a better life have you?
Scum of the Earth

Max Meadows, VA

#16 Apr 17, 2013
grannie wrote:
<quoted text> are you and caring people the same person? sounds like it? who told you, you have common sense?
Are More Concerned and Grannie the same person? sounds like it? who told you, you have common sense?
grannie

Strawberry Plains, TN

#17 Apr 18, 2013
Scum of the Earth wrote:
<quoted text> Are More Concerned and Grannie the same person? sounds like it? who told you, you have common sense?
well, whatever, you sound like your \
chosen name, no common sense there, and no I have nothing to do with any concern, you?
great

Strawberry Plains, TN

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Wouldn't it be helpful to have classes to attend that would teach you to manage your money and finances for the different aspects in your life? Instead of handing out welfare cards or giving out money. Life skills class. So many don't understand or know how.
Give them a fish feed them one day, teach them to fish, feed them for life. What do you think?
wouldn't this be great for the gov't. too
Gopher

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 18, 2013
more concerned wrote:
They do have a class at HHS. It's called Personal Finance and it s a required class. They teach you how to manage a checkbook, pay bills, how to budget, saving money, interest, credit cards, loans, etc.
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#20 Apr 18, 2013
more concerned wrote:

I know what you meant by that but seriously, our society has accepted the lazy & the lack of care in the home, work & schools. Parents can't even spank there children to correct them because they might be arrested. There is no respect from kids these days but there are a few good that are & have been raised right in good Christian homes. We need to get back to the basics and what Gods word says.
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#21 Apr 18, 2013
Gopher wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have a class at HHS. It's called Personal Finance and it s a required class. They teach you how to manage a checkbook, pay bills, how to budget, saving money, interest, credit cards, loans, etc.
YES! See...an old timer like me that attended CHS in the 70's not so far out there yet! Thank you so much for sharing that info. And also Concerned is only "Concerned" nobody else!!
That sounds like a great class to have much needed and think about the kids that have no one to teach them those skills and great skills to learn before attending college.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Private 1 hr Tiger Woodendik 16
The High School 1 hr Prof Torah Tonaka 42
I heard the guy name is john walker with genera... 2 hr Granny 7
Michelle Boardwine 2 hr canttouchthis148 6
B Weller 11 hr Kile 5
Chilhowie Man Sun dip dogger dan 3
Bastard Jun 25 Soulless 12

Chilhowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance