Who do you support for U.S. House in ...
Ben Grimm

Richmond, VA

#5330 Jul 2, 2012
voo-doo wrote:
Peel back the layers,patriots! IT IS NOT ABOUT HEALTHCARE!!! You got that? Its about controlling us..as a people... and its working! By making it a law that forces you to buy health insurance, it sets a precedent that the government can and will force you to do anything else they want you to do. Last week, the supreme court took most of the freedoms that millions have died for, away from the future generations. Remember the story about the frog in the pan of water? Slowly the heat was turned up until he was completely cooked!! America if you don't do the right thing in November....YOU ARE COOKED AND DONE!! WWII veterans and all veterans may you rest in peace?
They already tells what to buy biggest example car insurance. You really should try to read the bill before you start talking about it. very few people will be effected by the mandate. I was surprised to find that people that could afford insurance did not buy it to be honest. I guess they think they are from Krypton or something. Even if you are making good money or even great money if someone in your family were to get sick you would be ruined.
Corey

Watauga, TN

#5331 Jul 2, 2012
voo-doo wrote:
Peel back the layers,patriots! IT IS NOT ABOUT HEALTHCARE!!! You got that? Its about controlling us..as a people... and its working! By making it a law that forces you to buy health insurance, it sets a precedent that the government can and will force you to do anything else they want you to do. Last week, the supreme court took most of the freedoms that millions have died for, away from the future generations. Remember the story about the frog in the pan of water? Slowly the heat was turned up until he was completely cooked!! America if you don't do the right thing in November....YOU ARE COOKED AND DONE!! WWII veterans and all veterans may you rest in peace?
You do not have to buy health insurance. But, if you deadbeats want to be treated at hospitals and clinics you either have to buy insurance or pay to opt out. The government is not forcing you to do anything. You can opt out of health care, just don't expect to get emergency room care for free.
dumbass

Christiansburg, VA

#5332 Jul 2, 2012
I just think that people need to read the bill before they comment. If you need the link let me know. This is not a political issue, it is to do something that is right. This bill is not perfect. But it is better than nothing. It can be changed and modified to meet our needs. If you just blindly believe what you are told by the politicians then you will be screwed. Read it for yourself, it isnt that complicated and make up your own mind. If you believe that currently your medical care is between you and your doctor, you are sorely mistaken. You have to get insurance approval before you do anything. You need it for MRI or surgery or any major test. So nothing changes in that arena with the new bill. Also the uninsured have to go into the hospital to get tests and treatments that the insured get done as an outpatient. That drives up the costs and ultimately raises premiums. At least when people get insured that will not continue so it may indeed lower costs. Just read it for yourself and make up your own mind. Dont let anyone tell you how to feel or think
voo-doo

United States

#5333 Jul 5, 2012
Corey wrote:
<quoted text>You do not have to buy health insurance. But, if you deadbeats want to be treated at hospitals and clinics you either have to buy insurance or pay to opt out. The government is not forcing you to do anything. You can opt out of health care, just don't expect to get emergency room care for free.
Yeah, that's what "forcing" is! You either buy insurance or you have to pay to opt out! But, that's beside the point now since Roberts done the last second "switch-a-roo" and rewrote the bill to change the "penalty to a tax!" Now, just about everyone pays the "tax"...and that includes all the middle-class and...and...the working poor. Better keep track of what your favorite government is doing to us all. And don't foreget about your children and grandchildren. Sorry, if I'm "off-topic."
wonderbat

Charlottesville, VA

#5334 Jul 5, 2012
Shouldn't we be starting a new thread? Who do you support in 2012?
Corey

Watauga, TN

#5335 Jul 5, 2012
voo-doo wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, that's what "forcing" is! You either buy insurance or you have to pay to opt out! But, that's beside the point now since Roberts done the last second "switch-a-roo" and rewrote the bill to change the "penalty to a tax!" Now, just about everyone pays the "tax"...and that includes all the middle-class and...and...the working poor. Better keep track of what your favorite government is doing to us all. And don't foreget about your children and grandchildren. Sorry, if I'm "off-topic."
Who pays for the sorry folks that get their healthcare from the emergency room? If those people paid then healthcare is cheaper for everyone. If the people that think they are too healthy or too young for insurance paid into the system then it would be cheaper for everyone. What happen when the healthy 28 year old with no insurance is in a car accident and is rushed to the emergency room? Who pays the bill when they don't?
Interesting

Bristol, VA

#5336 Jul 8, 2012
I was against Obamacare, but surprised when my companies' premiums only went up a very modest bit. Then, last week, got a rebate check that more than made up for the increase. Why has no one said anything about the rebate? If your insurance company doesn't pay 80% of premiums received towards claims for year, then they must rebate some premium amounts. I didn't expect it. I'm an employer, and with the rebate, it is cheaper this year than last. Not sure if that will remain the case, however, not as against as I was. If insurance cannot make it on 20% profit, then should be punished. Oil companies, who everyone slams no matter what, routinely make 10% profit.
BarefootFreddie

Charlottesville, VA

#5337 Jul 8, 2012
Two things to keep in perspective-- One is that those of US with health insurance currently pay for the treatment of those without it...

When people get treated and walk away because they don't have insurance, the cost is reflected in the rates that hospitals charge and YOU end up paying via your insurance rates.

Taken from that, this isn't a case of people being forced to buy something-- It's a matter of the rest of US being forced to pay for their lack of coverage and responsibility---

No one can guarantee that they will never contract a disease or suffer a catastrophic accident. To roll the dice on this isn't rolling it on yourself, but rolling it what will be passed on to others.

Secondly, per the CBO estimate, only 4 million Americans are thought to go this route once the bill kicks in fully. Given that the "penalty" (or tax) varies from $100 to $700 depending on your income--

Even if it's considered a tax - it's a small one and applies to a very small amount of people.

(And to people who are sticking YOU with their bills anyway, so why are people so concerned about them???).
Corey

Bluff City, TN

#5338 Jul 9, 2012
Where are the jobs that the "job creators" are creating? Take away the Bush subsidies.
bahaha

Gate City, VA

#5339 Jul 10, 2012
A serial killer is on death row for killing members of congress.
On the eve of his execution he gives his only interview.
The reporter ask him if he has any regrets. He replies,"No I don't but let me aks you a question."
"What's the difference between a congressman and an onion?"
The reporter said he didn't know.
The serial killer said,"Sometimes when you cut up an onion you cry."
Corey

Bluff City, TN

#5340 Jul 10, 2012
If the Republicans are against free loaders (i.e. poor people) taking advantage of the system (i.e. government)why are they against Healthcare? Obama is trying to get the "free loaders" to pay their own way.
Anti Hex

Roanoke, VA

#5341 Jul 10, 2012
voo-doo wrote:
ta dum!!
Corey

Bluff City, TN

#5342 Jul 11, 2012
So the Republicans voted for the 33rd time today to take health care away from millions of Americans. Republican Death Panels want insurance companies to deny you coverage when you are too sick or if you have a pre-existing condition such as breast cancer.

Well it is for the betterment of the insurance companies. Isn't that the American way?
Dave

Bluff City, TN

#5343 Jul 11, 2012
The Republicans are against a tax break for people's first $250,000 of taxable income.
Holly

Bluff City, TN

#5344 Jul 11, 2012
Economies do not prosper unless the middle class have money to spend. The richest 1% don't spend enough to stimulate the economy and they obviously don't create jobs for anyone. If they were job creators why haven't they created any jobs (in this country) in the last 12 years?

Haymarket, VA

#5345 Jul 11, 2012
Holly wrote:
Economies do not prosper unless the middle class have money to spend. The richest 1% don't spend enough to stimulate the economy and they obviously don't create jobs for anyone. If they were job creators why haven't they created any jobs (in this country) in the last 12 years?
Nailed it using common sense. We literally had zero job growth following the decade of Bush Tax cuts.

It's a case of simply looking at the 50's and 60's, when we had the best economy in our history and on the planet. The middle class had the highest union membership on record, we had pensions, CEO pay was about 10 times the worker, the top tax rate was 91%, we had the best of everything, and our middle class was the envy of the entire world.

Fast forward to 2012, following 30 years of Reaganomics and no one but folks from the third world want to come here anymore. We rank poorly for quality of life and don't even make the top 10 list for personal wealth. These spots are taken by people residing in advanced and modern big government type nations (ironically).

Haymarket, VA

#5346 Jul 11, 2012
The irony of the Roanoke area is that its very survival is because of government. Take out Norfolk and NoVA and they'd have the funding of Mississippi.

The rest of the state's Big Gov spending and the taxes collected from us is what permits for millions to be funneled to South Western Virginia.
Holly

Bluff City, TN

#5347 Jul 12, 2012
GUEST wrote:
The irony of the Roanoke area is that its very survival is because of government. Take out Norfolk and NoVA and they'd have the funding of Mississippi.
The rest of the state's Big Gov spending and the taxes collected from us is what permits for millions to be funneled to South Western Virginia.
The real irony is that the poor, old, sick, in this region (the majority anyway) vote Republican.

Otherwise your statement is just uneducated. Of course, the largest part of tax dollars come from the most densely populated areas of the state (you don't pay a higher rate than I do). Helps build roads yes, but doesn't do much else for us.
old but wise

United States

#5348 Jul 12, 2012
my opion due to alot of years of voting i that it does'nt matter who you vote for their all liars and only care about making thei pockets BIGGER

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5349 Jul 12, 2012
old but wise wrote:
my opion due to alot of years of voting i that it does'nt matter who you vote for their all liars and only care about making thei pockets BIGGER
You're right, except for the last one, and he is here to destroy America, period. That's his only goal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilhowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Underage Sex (Nov '10) 4 hr Deb 34
Thieves (Jan '16) 6 hr Threeam 14
New crew post 13 hr Onit 10
ToNyA SSSS!?@&!? 14 hr Helpthecrybabbies 3
Blonde at dollar store in meadowview 14 hr White Vampire 9
Hide everybody 15 hr Run Forrest Run 3
So you will be heard 18 hr too many secrets 9

Chilhowie Jobs

Personal Finance

Chilhowie Mortgages